Rant: People Who Dump Cats

Old July 6th 04, 07:47 AM
Sherry

Default Rant: People Who Dump Cats

Rant On.
We found two baby kittens in the flowerbed this morning. We live in the
country, with no close neighbors. They didn't walk here by themselves. Someone
dumped them.
This isn't the first time. Or the second or third. I hate people who dump
animals. Hate isn't a word I use very often, but I hate them. These babies are
tiny, probably not 10 weeks old. Do people think a 10-week-old kitten can fend
for itself? The are *very* well socialized. They were relatively in good shape,
except for being covered with fleas, ticks and stickers.
The last dumped cat, no, wait, it was two dumped cats ago, the one before
Biskit was sealed up in a cardboard box in the drive. Nice touch, to make sure
the cat didn't wander off too far.
What kind of a lazy-assed person won't drive to a shelter and relinquish
animals. And what kind of mentality thinks *I* should take responsibility for
their animals.
But you what? I did. I bathed them and fed them and brought them in the house.
Now I don't have a clue what to do with them. Kitten season is hard this year.
Shelters are over-run.
If they hadn't wandered up here, they'd have starved, together. I would rather
see these jackasses put a bullet in a cat's head than dump it to starve.
I took some pictures to make a poster with. Thought I'd share them. Rant over.
Thanks for listening.
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/graykittens2.jpg
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/graykitten1.jpg

Sherry

Old July 6th 04, 10:12 AM
MaryL

"Sherry " wrote in message
[...]

Oh, what adorable kittens. This is so sad! I just can't imagine how people
can be so cruel as to dump such innocent little babies.

Thank you for all that you do for these helpless kittens.

MaryL

Old July 6th 04, 04:01 PM
Sherry

Oh, what adorable kittens. This is so sad! I just can't imagine how people
can be so cruel as to dump such innocent little babies.

Thank you for all that you do for these helpless kittens.

MaryL

Mary, I am so discouraged. It's always one step forward and two steps back.
Right now it's hard to find a room in this house that there isn't a cat in it,
and I'm spending myself into the poorhouse. And there's always another
scraggly, emaciated stray around the corner. I used to rather enjoy
rehabilitating a stray, I enjoyed watching them blossom and it was rewarding to
find them a good home. Now I'm just overwhelmed. The shelter is full to the
seams with cats/kittens. If we have a good day and adopt six out, there's nine
incoming. Someone came in just yesterday, had been to Walmart and came out to
find somebody had put a box of 6 baby kittens in the back of their truck. In 98
degree heat. I'm just sick of all of it.

Sherry

Old July 6th 04, 04:34 PM
Mary

Sherry wrote in message ...
Rant On.
We found two baby kittens in the flowerbed this morning. .

They're so beautiful! Where are you?

Old July 6th 04, 04:34 PM
Mary

Old July 6th 04, 04:46 PM
MaryL

"Sherry " wrote in message
[...]

Sherry, do you have a branch of O'Malley Alley Cats near you, or do you know
of anyone who might take the initiative to start one (be forewarned that it
takes a *lot* of time an effort). We have one here, and they do wonders --
TNR for adult and unadoptable ferals with numerous feeding stations and
shelters around town, foster families for kittens and cats that might be
socialized, etc. They also can become overwhelmed, as you said, but they
have done wonderful things in adopting out cats that otherwise would have
been euthanized or abandoned.

MaryL

Old July 6th 04, 04:48 PM
Sherry

Sherry wrote in message ...
Rant On.
We found two baby kittens in the flowerbed this morning. .

They're so beautiful! Where are you?

South of Oklahoma City. You can't miss us. It's the house with a cat in every
window.

Sherry