What's Up With Google? OT

Old August 13th 04, 02:15 AM
CatNipped

Default What's Up With Google? OT

I'm getting very impatient with google groups services. When I was
last part of rpca, back in 1997, you could post a message and see it
and answers to it almost immediately. Now it's taking upwards of 5
hours to see posts and even longer to see responses. This can be very
frustrating for someone like me, with ADHD (e.g. the attention span of
a gnat), or if you post something urgent and need quick answers.

When google took over rpca did it become a moderated group? What
other reason could make it take so long for posts to appear?

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatMom to:
Bandit, (a.k.a. "Bitch Cat From Hell"), 14, DLH Tabby
Demi, (a.k.a. "Ghost Cat"), 5, DLH Pure White Beauty
Jessie, (a.k.a. "Jet Ski"), 4, DSH Tortoiseshell
Samantha / Sammy, (a.k.a. "Mini Me"), 4 months, DLH Tabby

http://www.gcmensa.org/Cats.html (Jessie, Demi, Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy/ (Sammy and Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy2/ (All my fur babies)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy3/ (Sammy and Jessie)
Old August 13th 04, 04:22 AM
Jo Firey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
m...
I'm getting very impatient with google groups services. When I was
last part of rpca, back in 1997, you could post a message and see it
and answers to it almost immediately. Now it's taking upwards of 5
hours to see posts and even longer to see responses. This can be very
frustrating for someone like me, with ADHD (e.g. the attention span of
a gnat), or if you post something urgent and need quick answers.

When google took over rpca did it become a moderated group? What
other reason could make it take so long for posts to appear?

Hugs,

So far as I know Google didn't "take over" RPCA or any other newsgroup. Try
one of the free newservers such as the one I'm posting this from. You have
to give them a valid email address and they will send you a password in a
few days usually. I'm in CAlifornia and the newserver is in Germany but my
posts show up almost immediately as well as reply posts from anyone else who
happens to be online.

Posted through
News.CIS.DFN.DE

Note the email address you post from will be harvested by spambots so while
it has to be valid, I wouldn't use one I use regularly for email. But you
will have to check the account for the password. I use an account at
netzero.com for this purpose.
Jo

Old August 13th 04, 04:25 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

CatNipped wrote:

I'm getting very impatient with google groups services. When I was
last part of rpca, back in 1997, you could post a message and see it
and answers to it almost immediately. Now it's taking upwards of 5
hours to see posts and even longer to see responses. This can be very
frustrating for someone like me, with ADHD (e.g. the attention span of
a gnat), or if you post something urgent and need quick answers.

When google took over rpca did it become a moderated group? What
other reason could make it take so long for posts to appear?

SFAIK, Google did NOT "take over" rpca - it's still a Usenet newsgroup
(no relation to Google), and I access it through my regular news-server.
(I can also access it through my ISP's "newsgroup" option, but Newsguy
is a little more reliable.) I can't tell you HOW to subscribe directly,
rather than using Google, but I'm sure there are more knowledgeable
folks here, who can.

Old August 13th 04, 05:30 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:25:34 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

SFAIK, Google did NOT "take over" rpca - it's still a Usenet newsgroup
(no relation to Google), and I access it through my regular news-server.
(I can also access it through my ISP's "newsgroup" option, but Newsguy
is a little more reliable.) I can't tell you HOW to subscribe directly,
rather than using Google, but I'm sure there are more knowledgeable
folks here, who can.

Same here, my posts normally appear a couple minutes after I sent them
off. I got through my ISP's newgroup server, and so far haven't had
any real complaints. They do maintenance every so often, but do their
best to schedule it for early morning when I'm not on line anyway.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: