Toonya, dont luk at myownself

Old April 15th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory

Default Toonya, dont luk at myownself

On Apr 15, 10:54 am, "Anti Sandy"
wrote:
"Fred" wrote in message

shaving off or clipping the whiskers...
Please excuse usses fur butting in, but why would dey do that? We
hasn't
herd uv dat befur. What possible gudgud kould it du? We is suspishus uv
dat!

--
Regards, Fred

I was suspicious of it, too, so when I noticed it I called the vet to ask.
They said that Sundance had been trying to avoid the shaver, and some
whiskers got cut accidentally when he was moving his head around. They must
have trimmed the rest to match, but I think I would have left as many as
possible.

Anti Sandy, not really happy about it, either

I have a cousin who literally cut ALL of his family cat's whiskers off
when he was a kid (my cousin, not the cat). People may think it's
cute and funny and a joke and go, "ha-ha-ha hey, look at the cat
without whiskers", but it's actually quite dangerous for a cat to have
its whiskers messed with in any way, shape or form. They use their
whiskers, IIRC, as an early warning system so that they don't bump
into things. For a vet to clip all the cat's whiskers "just so they
are all even" borders on cruelty, IMNSHO. It's ridiculous.

--- Cory

Old April 16th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred

Anti Sandy wrote:

"Fred" wrote in message
Sundance wrote:

Fangu Sweetee, but dere iz wurse: I wuz too trommytized at first to
realize,
but dey also cuttid myown whiskerz short! Meowmie wuznt happee bowt dat
(she fingks, ritely so, dat myown whiskerz wuz bootiful), but she sez
dey will grow bak.

Please excuse usses fur butting in, but why would dey do that? We
hasn't
herd uv dat befur. What possible gudgud kould it du? We is suspishus uv
dat!

--
Regards, Fred

I was suspicious of it, too, so when I noticed it I called the vet to ask.
They said that Sundance had been trying to avoid the shaver, and some
whiskers got cut accidentally when he was moving his head around. They
must have trimmed the rest to match, but I think I would have left as many
as possible.

Anti Sandy, not really happy about it, either

Mmmmmmm! Purrs fur Sundance. Hissspits fur TED.
If they're going to shave a cat, they should know how to do it without
cutting whiskers. After all, that's why they are vets, isn't it?...
because they are supposed to know this stuff. I bet TED still charged
plenty, just as though he/she knew what she/he was doing and had the skills
fur tha job.

Diana, Ryan, & Cinnamon

--
Regards, Fred
Old April 16th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Anti Sandy

"Cory" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 15, 10:54 am, "Anti Sandy"
wrote:
"Fred" wrote in message

[...]

This is why I was unhappy about the whiskers. I don't know that they
trimmed them to make them even, I was just guessing. As a matter of fact,
they aren't all even, I just find it hard to believe that they would
"accidentally" cut all of them.

However, this is the first time anything like this has happened at this vet
in over 20 years, so I'm not going to leave them over it. I will bring it
up again, though.

Anti Sandy

Old April 16th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Anti Sandy

"Fred" wrote in message
Anti Sandy wrote:

"Fred" wrote in message
Sundance wrote:

[...]

No, I was surprised to see that they didn't charge for the shaving, just the
office visit.

Anti Sandy

Old April 16th 07, 12:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred

Anti Sandy wrote:

"Fred" wrote in message
Mmmmmmm! Purrs fur Sundance. Hissspits fur TED.
If they're going to shave a cat, they should know how to do it without
cutting whiskers. After all, that's why they are vets, isn't it?...
because they are supposed to know this stuff. I bet TED still charged
plenty, just as though he/she knew what she/he was doing and had the
skills
fur tha job.

Diana, Ryan, & Cinnamon

--
Regards, Fred

No, I was surprised to see that they didn't charge for the shaving, just
the office visit.

Well that's something in their favour. However it shows that they know
what they did was wrong. It sounds like they were training a new vet or
assistant who was new and had never done it before. Perhaps they
misunderstood the instructions and thought "shaving" meant the whiskers
too. Then when you came they dded the story about the cat struggling and
it being accidental, (almost like it was the cat's fault). I can see that
happening.

--
Regards, Fred
Old April 16th 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

diz iz juzt rong, Stormmee
Sundance wrote in message
I duznt haz ennee furz on myown chin! Da TED shaved dem awl off! I iz
furry imbarrassed and I fingk I shud hide sumplace until doze furz growz
bak. Dey sed I had akne, so duz dey take away da akne? No, dey takez

away
da furz!

Sundance

Old April 16th 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

mine ted had soft get stainlezz steele bowlz anna it wurked fur mineself, TV
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee wrote in message
John Ross Mc Master wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 18:22:10 GMT, "Sundance"
wrote:

I duznt haz ennee furz on myown chin! Da TED shaved dem awl off! I
iz furry imbarrassed and I fingk I shud hide sumplace until doze
furz growz bak. Dey sed I had akne, so duz dey take away da akne?
No, dey takez away da furz!

Sundance

i have acne and the ted gave me aunty biotiks. the humane socciety
said that would not work so i'm on a cleazing toppikal solution called
endure. no shavink! I'm glad.
beauty

Meowmee red dat plaztik eetink bowlz kan kawz akne.

But yu luuk kyute, effin wiffowt uh beard.

--
Pitô.ônya

Old April 16th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

I thinkz i wuld hafta bita ted ifin diz wuz dun to mineself, OEJ
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee wrote in message
O mine gudnuzz!!!!
Heow wyll yu kno nottid to get intu shmawl playzez???
Wud yu lyke me tu kum offur an leed yu uhrownd???
--
Pitô.ônya

Sundance wrote:
Fangu Sweetee, but dere iz wurse: I wuz too trommytized at first to
realize, but dey also cuttid myown whiskerz short! Meowmie wuznt
happee bowt dat (she fingks, ritely so, dat myown whiskerz wuz
bootiful), but she sez dey will grow bak.

Sundance, whose Meowmie stopped using plastic bowls a long time ago

Old April 16th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Porter Cats

"Fred" wrote in message
Anti Sandy wrote:

"Fred" wrote in message
[...]

I once picked up a cat from being spayed (HoneyCat), and the vet had
previously said to make sure she stayed warm and dry after the surgery. When
they brought her out to me, she was completely soaking wet, just dripping.
The teenager carrying her announced, "He turned over his water." I was so
irritated on so many levels that I didn't say anything or even ask for help,
just grabbed the carrier, went back into the back of the clinic as the
teenager stared at me, and proceeded to pull towels out of the cabinets and
dry the cat myself.

Julie