Jellicall Ball closing, 2019

Old November 1st 19, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Jellicall Ball closing, 2019

[A small white cat with emerald eyes glances at the rising sun and
nods. It is time. She is wearing an amber necklace with a small
pendant of a winged green garden snake. She climbs the dais and
reaches the podium as sun touches above the horizon to shine softly.
Guests and others who have lost loved ones, fall silent.]

Good morning, sirs and ma’am’s, and a special thank you to the
residents of this wonderful place.

Each October, at sundown of the evening of the first full moon and
through the night, we gather to pay tribute to our dear ones who have
passed on. As the sun rises, we bid another farewell and return to our
homes and families.

Much richer for having known and loved, much better for the lessons
learned, we smile despite our grief.

As always, the first name called represents those whose names we did
not know, those lost or tossed, taken through illness or abuse or
nature's fury.

We stand in silent thought, and send our hopes that they have found
peace and love at last.

[There is a short pause, then light of the new day spills in on them
all. Beside her, a large Great Dane to her left repeats her comments
in ASL-C/D and a small female cat replicates it beside her at her
bestest spelling]

We call their names, family members, dear friends, respected
strangers...our Jellicle Honorees:

Unknown Kitties, House of Bast
Ali Ridgeback, House of Stapley
Arita, House of Miranda S
Baby Ashleigh, House of Bill
Baby Eyes, House of KSH
Baktzer, House of Miranda S
Balim, House of Opinicous
Beanlet, House of Showalter
Blinkers, House of Joan
Bluez, House of Miranda S
Brandy, House of Arlene
Cash, House of Chez Shenks
Cleocatra, House of Stott
Cody , House of Stott
Daisy May, House of Cook
Dink, House of Mahoney
Dot, House of Takayuki
Drake, House of Steele
Ginger, House of ColtWV
Imp, House of Chong
Iowna, House of Chez Shenks
Isis , House of Stott
Jeanne, House of Hedge
Kalc, House of Miranda S
Kingsford, House of Bill
Lacy, House of Bill
Layla, House of Miranda S
Lily, House of KSH
Lucy, House of Esquire
Mahalo, House of Justice
Mason, House of Tiny kittens
Millie Girl, House of Nancee
Mugze, House of Miranda S
Oxford, House of Rennie
Penny, House of Steele
Picajoule, House of Welker
Purrz-on, House of Miranda S
Sadie, House of Rennie
Sammy, House of Joan
Shawnee, House of Evetta
Shifty, House of Miranda S
Spock, House of Stott
Summer, House of Alania
Sundance, House of Stright
Tardar Sauce, House of Tabitha
Tommy, House of Paul
Woofie, House of Denise

[A moment of silence with weeping guests ensues. A paw rises up to the
heavens and slowly back down]

The dawn of a new day seeps in.
Old November 1st 19, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Benni Kitten

cshenk wrote:
[...]

[A tiny black and white kitten clutches Prince's legs tightly and cries
into his fur. ]
Old November 9th 19, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_3_]

On Friday, November 1, 2019 at 1:59:48 PM UTC-7, Benni Kitten wrote:
cshenk wrote:
[...]

Tuxie kitty raises her glass of Squirly Temple, toasting the fading Bridge
and it's inhabitants, with a tear in her eye.
Old November 9th 19, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Orange tabby guy, with his sisfurs at his side, raises a glass back toward his wuntrooluv.