Jellicle Ball 2019: Tribute To Lilith Kitten Gordon-Mahoney (2001-2018)

Old October 14th 19, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Feline Contingent

Default Jellicle Ball 2019: Tribute To Lilith Kitten Gordon-Mahoney (2001-2018)

Rosco: Meowmie Debby wrote this. I let her meow this herownselves.

Meowmie Debby: Lilith Kitten Gordon-Mahoney was the first cat I raised -- or who raised me -- from kittenhood. She was born feral at the end of January in 2001, right around the time my grandfather started making his own final preparations. On the day Grampa died, Lilith was brought to the veterinary hospital where my mom worked, to be raised as a bottle-baby. When Lilith was about thirteen weeks old -- and was on solid food, litter trained, and had her first set of vaccinations -- I brought her home. At that time, we still had Kitty Schottland and Capt. Midnight. Kitty Schottland appointed herself Lilith's mentor in tortietude and all things ladycat. Midnight, well, let's just say he never forgave me for bringing that hiss-spit kitten home.

Lilith grew into a fine caretaking kitty, and a well-behaved one at that. She protected me from everyone, including my own family. She made sure I had more than enough purr therapy. She tolerated Rosco and Tina, even though they were lower kitties in the clawing order. She never fought me when she got her claws clipped, went to TED, or got insulin shots when she became a diabeticat. She had a lot to say and did not hesitate to do so with tortietude. She slept in bed with me, up by my head, every night until near the end.

She had two winkwinks, Smokey Gordon (RB) and Samuel Redcat Mahoney, from RPCC Usenet. During her time, she also meowed on Facebook. Her last words, before turning her account over to Sheriff Rosco P. Catrane, were, "I have raised a hoomin. My work here is done."

And to answer the age-old question posed by "Auntie Batty": No, she never did grow into her ears.

I miss her... [sniff]
Old October 14th 19, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sammy Redcat

The Feline Contingent wrote:
[...]

Miss Lilith was truly a very special, very beautiful ladycat. I will
miss her for the rest of mine life.

Sammy Redcat
discretely wiping tears from his eyes