On someone's $#!+ list

Old August 10th 05, 03:42 PM
Singh

Default On someone's $#!+ list

It has been a stressful week or so. My sister in law just got married, and
the damn fool had to do it twice--I mean, two ceremonies in a day, one Sikh
and one Catholic, and two receptions. Her fiance's family was not pleased
with poor, mild Jeff marrying a non-Catholic and non-white, and there's been
a great deal of tension on all sides. I hadn't been posting as much as I'd
like because the little so-and-so's of the groom's family (I do not include
the groom here, a sweet fellow as mild as a sleeping kitten) seemed to have
pressed me into tuxedo duty, including paying for some of the formal wear,
the cheap little... and this is a family with an income in the high six
fugures, the cheap...but no, I run the risk of digressing.

A cat can feel the stress surrounding its innocent body, can probably feel
the bad vibes through its little pads. And one of ours certainly did. I know
the kids have been having consistently good litter habits, and this hasn't
happened before or since...the morning before the wedding I woke up early
and found a big coil of You Make Me Mad lying right in front of the water
dishes.

We had it coming. I had been a royal bitch the previuos few days. I did not
like getting myself tossed in the ring without knowledge or consent to do
things of which I have no knowledge. The only thing I know of tuxedos is
that two of my cats were born wearing one, and I get thrown into
formalwearland to pay for the damned things. I had a great time explaining
to the electric company why I was going to be late with my bill. Louie was
running around doing rehearsals and setting up, and he came home with a
prickly attitude. Weddings are always a family affair, but they are
especially so in Eastern cultures, and the poor kids had two to do in a day.
Louie and I were on each other quite a bit, and I'm afraid the cats had had
it by last Friday. They elected one of them to let us know how they felt
about our behaviour. Our $#!+ty behavior. We had it coming, and we're
humbled.

Blessed be,
Baha

--

Three thousand years ago,
cats were deified in ancient Egypt.

Old August 10th 05, 10:35 PM
polonca12000

I'm so sorry to hear you've been going through such stressful times.
Calming purrs and hugs for you and your family,
--
Polonca & Soncek