I, for one, ain't leaving!

Old September 2nd 05, 05:45 AM
Singh

Default I, for one, ain't leaving!

I just read CatNipped's farewell post with rather a heavy heart. Such a nice
lady; I wish she lived in Buffalo...

While I have been a less frequent presence lately due to job constraints, I
have been finding certain crosspostings/trollings in recent weeks to be
thoroughly obnoxious. (Some little so-and-so got onto a thread not too long
ago, from a person who had to put their kitty down, and said there is no
God, no afterlife. A sick thing to say to a person who had just lost one who
was vitally important in her life, if you ask me.) If someone does know how
to killfile, do tell me so I can get rid of the little SOB. Because I'll
stay here and ramble on and on about my cats just to spite the little
devils. And I'll keep talking about God if the subject ever comes up,
because otherwise I'll be giving these idiots a reason to send each other
virtual high-fives. Oh, no. I'm even going to get some recipes to throw at
them, and they'll be sorry, because most people don't like curry powder by
the cupful like I do.

My cats are better than some people out there, and I'll keep on saying it
until there is no more breath behind my speech. And too bad if there are
some jerkoffs who don't like it. I'm making my evil laugh now. You're stuck
with me.

Blessed be,
Baha
We love you, CatNipped, and hope you come back soon.

--

Three thousand years ago,
cats were deified in ancient Egypt.

Old September 2nd 05, 06:56 AM
Jo Firey

Do keep in mind that several of the trolls, etc are in fact a single person.
It isn't like there is some organized group out to get us.

I use Outlook Express. If I'm reading a message from someone I no longer
wish to see messages from, I click Messages and then Block Sender.

I can go into the block sender list and block entire ISP's if need be.

Then there is always the option of just not reading anything they post.
Works for me at least part of the time.

Jo

Old September 2nd 05, 07:03 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 00:45:40 -0400, "Singh"
wrote:

I just read CatNipped's farewell post with rather a heavy heart. Such a nice
lady; I wish she lived in Buffalo...

While I have been a less frequent presence lately due to job constraints, I
have been finding certain crosspostings/trollings in recent weeks to be
thoroughly obnoxious. (Some little so-and-so got onto a thread not too long
ago, from a person who had to put their kitty down, and said there is no
God, no afterlife. A sick thing to say to a person who had just lost one who
was vitally important in her life, if you ask me.)

It's like telling a kid who has just been to the dentist that there's
no tooth fairy.

[...]

Amen you wack-job. I'm glad you're here. I won't killfile you.

Charlie

Old September 2nd 05, 12:59 PM
Lesley

.. (Some little so-and-so got onto a thread not too long
ago, from a person who had to put their kitty down, and said there is no
God, no afterlife. A sick thing to say to a person who had just lost one who
was vitally important in her life, if you ask me.)

It's like telling a kid who has just been to the dentist that there's
no tooth fairy.

It happens when I was 6 my pet rabbit died and I distinctly remember
asking the Sunday School teacher that "Snowy died but he will go to
Heaven won't he?" and getting a sharp reply of "No animals don't have
souls!"

Queered me on religion I can tell you

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old September 2nd 05, 01:48 PM
Yowie

"Lesley" wrote in message
oups.com...

. (Some little so-and-so got onto a thread not too long
ago, from a person who had to put their kitty down, and said there is no
God, no afterlife. A sick thing to say to a person who had just lost one
who
was vitally important in her life, if you ask me.)

It's like telling a kid who has just been to the dentist that there's
no tooth fairy.

It happens when I was 6 my pet rabbit died and I distinctly remember
asking the Sunday School teacher that "Snowy died but he will go to
Heaven won't he?" and getting a sharp reply of "No animals don't have
souls!"

Queered me on religion I can tell you

I don't know where people get their notions, but according to Strong's
concordance, the word "soul" is tranlisterated "psuche" (Strong's number
5590) and means:

1.. breath
1.. the breath of life
1.. the vital force which animates the body and shows itself in
breathing 1a
2.. of animals 1a
2.. of men
1.. life
2.. that in which there is life
1.. a living being, a living soul
3.. the soul
1.. the seat of the feelings, desires, affections, aversions (our heart,
soul etc.)
2.. the (human) soul in so far as it is constituted that by the right
use of the aids offered it by God it can attain its highest end and secure
eternal blessedness, the soul regarded as a moral being designed for
everlasting life
3.. the soul as an essence which differs from the body and is not
dissolved by death (distinguished from other parts of the body)
If an animal breaths, it has a soul. Animals may not be capable of "sin" but
they do have souls.

Also remember Isaiah 11:6:
The wolf will live with the lamb,
the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling together;
and a little child will lead them.

And if that doesn't say that there will be animals in heaven, nothing does!

I can't possibly imagine a loving God (of any religion) that wouldn't let
animals into the afterlife. Come to think of it, I don't want to *go* to the
afterlife if its just people. How utterly boring!

(this reminds of that story where a person and their pet dies, and he walks
along, goes past a farm and comes up to these great pearly gates. Asks the
guy at the door for a drink for himself and his pet before entering heaven,
and hte guy at hte door says the place doesn't take pets. So the guy says
"sod that", and turns round. Going past the farm again, he sees a well and a
beat up old bowl near it. Stops, draws water for himself and fills the bowl
for his pet, and they both drink. An kindly gentlmen comes up to chat, and
the guy asks him where heaven is. They old bloke laughs and say "you're
here". And the guy says "what about the pearly gates?". "Oh, thats just a
facade to impess the shallow. Anyone who would deny their pet a place in
Heaven *deserves* to be there". There are *much* better re-tellings than
this short summary, but you get the picture)

Yowie

Old September 2nd 05, 02:41 PM
jmcquown

Lesley wrote:
. (Some little so-and-so got onto a thread not too long
ago, from a person who had to put their kitty down, and said there
is no God, no afterlife. A sick thing to say to a person who had
just lost one who was vitally important in her life, if you ask me.)

It's like telling a kid who has just been to the dentist that there's
no tooth fairy.

It happens when I was 6 my pet rabbit died and I distinctly remember
asking the Sunday School teacher that "Snowy died but he will go to
Heaven won't he?" and getting a sharp reply of "No animals don't have
souls!"

Queered me on religion I can tell you

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

My first experience with a pet, I was probably 2 years old (I base this on
where we lived at the time, Woodbridge, VA). My oldest brother found a
parakeet down by the creek in the back yard and brought it home. It's beak
was broken (I remember that well enough) and one wing was torn. He named
him Robinson Caruso. Mom got a cage for the bird and together they nursed
it back to health. Then one morning Mom was upstairs and I was in the
basement where the bird was. I said, "Mommy, the birdie is sleeping." Uh
oh. The birdie was, indeed, dead.

Mom didn't make any pretext of the bird going to heaven, but she comforted
me and said it was dead. She waited until my brother Paul got home from
school, told him about the bird and they had a birdie burial in a shoe box
down by the creek where he was found. That's spiritual enough for me.

Jill

Old September 2nd 05, 03:12 PM

Yowie wrote:

I can't possibly imagine a loving God (of any religion) that wouldn't let
animals into the afterlife. Come to think of it, I don't want to *go* to the
afterlife if its just people. How utterly boring!

I alwalys hated it when people got into arguments over whether or not
animals had souls. *I* don't know whether animals have souls or not, in
the understanding of the word as I was taught.
But here's what I *do* know. And I know this just as well as I know my
own name. You can take this to the bank.
The God that I worship is a loving God, and He wants us to be happy. It
would be just like Him to let us have our beloved pets back in Heaven.
I believe that. In fact, I'm *counting* on it!

Sherry

Old September 2nd 05, 03:15 PM

Singh wrote:
"Jo Firey" wrote in message
Do keep in mind that several of the trolls, etc are in fact a single

person.
It isn't like there is some organized group out to get us.

I hope I haven't come off like some paranoid conspiracy theorist who thinks
that Al-Qaeda is parachuting into my bank at night to drain my funds--and
yes, I did get a call once from some crackpot who thought that was
happening.

Well, *that* certainly explains what happened with *my* bank statement!

Do you mean that when I see a whole boatload of sender names on these
threads, they're actually only one or two people hiding behind thirty-seven
aliases?

Blessed be,
Baha

Yes. And when you see a member who starts posting *way* out of
character for them, the header is forged, and it's not them at all.

Sherry

Old September 2nd 05, 03:15 PM
Singh

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
Do keep in mind that several of the trolls, etc are in fact a single

person.
It isn't like there is some organized group out to get us.

I hope I haven't come off like some paranoid conspiracy theorist who thinks
that Al-Qaeda is parachuting into my bank at night to drain my funds--and
yes, I did get a call once from some crackpot who thought that was
happening.

Do you mean that when I see a whole boatload of sender names on these
threads, they're actually only one or two people hiding behind thirty-seven
aliases?

Blessed be,
Baha

Three thousand years ago,
cats were deified in ancient Egypt.
To this day, they have not forgotten.

They're leaving again - party at our house Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 5 August 20th 05 01:11 PM
I'm leaving now Marina Cat anecdotes 8 March 24th 05 06:17 PM
Leaving for Canada badwilson Cat anecdotes 8 October 9th 04 03:31 AM
Leaving the cat while I am away for a long time Lipgor Cat health & behaviour 10 December 10th 03 04:08 PM
leaving the cats alone.... Pat Rabideau Cat health & behaviour 8 August 7th 03 02:26 PM