Yahoo photos closing

Old June 23rd 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default Yahoo photos closing

I just went to my yahoo photos and found a notice that they are
closing. You do have the option of moving them all to flickr (which is
what I chose). I thought I'd send out notices so people can do
something before it happens. I don't go there all the time, and it
won't happen for 89 days, but I could have missed it and that would
have sucked. I thought I'd warn folks.

Old June 23rd 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Karen wrote:
I just went to my yahoo photos and found a notice that they are
closing. You do have the option of moving them all to flickr (which
is what I chose). I thought I'd send out notices so people can do
something before it happens. I don't go there all the time, and it
won't happen for 89 days, but I could have missed it and that would
have sucked. I thought I'd warn folks.

Thanks for the warning, Karen. Hmm, I doubt that all my Yahoo photos
will fit in flickr - there's some limit to how many photos you can post
there. Well, if anyone wants to browse old pics of Frank and Nikki as
well as some of Mir and Caliban, they're he

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fra...ikki/my_photos

I don't know if I'll post them anywhere else after they go down.

Old June 23rd 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"Marina" wrote in message
Karen wrote:
I just went to my yahoo photos and found a notice that they are
closing. You do have the option of moving them all to flickr (which
is what I chose). I thought I'd send out notices so people can do
something before it happens. I don't go there all the time, and it
won't happen for 89 days, but I could have missed it and that would
have sucked. I thought I'd warn folks.

Thanks for the warning, Karen. Hmm, I doubt that all my Yahoo photos
will fit in flickr - there's some limit to how many photos you can post
there. Well, if anyone wants to browse old pics of Frank and Nikki as
well as some of Mir and Caliban, they're he

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fra...ikki/my_photos

I don't know if I'll post them anywhere else after they go down.

I thought you had a Webshots page????

Old June 23rd 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Karen" wrote in message
I just went to my yahoo photos and found a notice that they are closing.
You do have the option of moving them all to flickr (which is what I
chose). I thought I'd send out notices so people can do something before it
happens. I don't go there all the time, and it won't happen for 89 days,
but I could have missed it and that would have sucked. I thought I'd warn
folks.

Thanks. I almost never use that site. And I think I may have pictures
there I'd like to move.

Jo

Old June 23rd 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

I thought you had a Webshots page????

Umm, I have Yahoo, Webshots and Photobucket. I don't think I'll ever
come around to loading the pics to Webshots or Photobucket, either. Too
lazy.

Old June 23rd 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Jun 23, 1:22 pm, Karen wrote:
I just went to my yahoo photos and found a notice that they are
closing. You do have the option of moving them all to flickr (which is
what I chose). I thought I'd send out notices so people can do
something before it happens. I don't go there all the time, and it
won't happen for 89 days, but I could have missed it and that would
have sucked. I thought I'd warn folks.

No wonder in Yahoo mail, I no longer get the option of saving photos
attached to e-mail to my Yahoo photo. I just went to Yahoo photo and
didn't get any closing waning. Maybe Yahoo Canada is slower in putting
out warnings.
Thanks Karen for the heads up.

Winnie

Old June 24th 07, 10:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Karen kirjoitti:
I just went to my yahoo photos and found a notice that they are closing.
You do have the option of moving them all to flickr (which is what I
chose). I thought I'd send out notices so people can do something before
it happens. I don't go there all the time, and it won't happen for 89
days, but I could have missed it and that would have sucked. I thought
I'd warn folks.

Thanks for the heads up. I got the same notice.
http://closing.photos.yahoo.com/

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old June 25th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Karen wrote:
I just went to my yahoo photos and found a notice that they are closing.
You do have the option of moving them all to flickr (which is what I
chose). I thought I'd send out notices so people can do something before
it happens. I don't go there all the time, and it won't happen for 89
days, but I could have missed it and that would have sucked. I thought
I'd warn folks.

Thanks, Karen. I rarely go to my Yahoo photos site, so I could have
missed it :-(

Ginger-lyn