Road trip continues

Old May 28th 14, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

Default Road trip continues

[After clearing the police checkpoint the convoy again heads south and
west on Route 66. They stop to take picture of the Bunyon Giant ("Tall
Paul") in Altanta, IL, and marvel at the phone booth on the roof of City
Hall in Lincoln. Upon reaching Springfield they stop for a tour of the
Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum, then they cross in to Missouri.

When they get to St Louis they stop at the Gateway Arch. As they are
pulling in to the parking area they have to wait for traffic, as a large
RV driven by a curly-coated cat and one driven by a large dog are just
pulling out. Once they get parked they all marvel at the architectural
wonder. They make their way over towards the base, and start looking for
the tour guide cats. They're easy to find, as they're wearing red vest
and gold caps. As the group approaches, the lead tour guide comes over
to them.]

Hello, and welcome to the Gateway Arch! I'm Archibald, and I'll be
leading you through your visit of the monument today. This is one of
Missouri's foremost attractions, and besides being an architectural
marvel, it offers unparalleled views of the surrounding area. It was
built between 1963 and 1965, and stands 630 feet tall! The Arch has an
internal tram system to get humans to the viewing area up top, but we
also have a much faster elevator system for kitties (and cat-friendly
doggies) that gets us to the secret viewing area at the very top. Who
would like to see the very top of the Arch?
Old May 28th 14, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ann791

On 5/28/2014 10:47 AM, Community Kitties wrote:
[...]

"That sounds like fun. I've never been up the high". Lucy Lu checks the
batteries in her camera and puts an extra set in her pocket.
Old May 29th 14, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

"ann791" wrote in message
[...]

I yam game tu go tu da top inna ellybator.
I woodint wanna klime dat fur on da stayerz.
Iz dere uh cafe part wayz goin deown?
I tink dat Sunnydance wyll be hongree by den.
--
Pi2önya AKA Sweetee

Old May 29th 14, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

"That sounds like fun. I've never been up the high". Lucy Lu checks
the batteries in her camera and puts an extra set in her pocket.

I yam game tu go tu da top inna ellybator.
I woodint wanna klime dat fur on da stayerz.
Iz dere uh cafe part wayz goin deown?
I tink dat Sunnydance wyll be hongree by den.

[Archibald leads the kitties and dogs to a hidden entrance at the base
of the arch. When he presses a button a door whooshes open, revealing a
large, well-lit elevator car. Everybody boards, and he presses a button
labeled "Top". The elevator ascends smoothly, and in moments the doors
open onto a luxurious carpeted viewing area.

A buffet table lines the western wall, with a large selection of snacks.
Roast beast, turkey, salmon, ear of sooven, and Fancy Feast area
available, as well as many yummy-looking deserts.

"Please, help yourselves to the buffet! And please notice that towards
the north end of the observation platforms are some telescopes available
for anyone who might be interested. You can see well into Illinois, as
well as a lot of Missouri. And there is always a lot of interesting
stuff going on below us on the Mississippi River. If anyone has any
questions about the Arch or it's history, I'd be glad to answer them."

Old May 29th 14, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

[...]

[Amelia loads up a plate until it's about to spill over, then while she
munches on turkey and rast beast and lopster she ask Archibald some
questions.]

So, Archibald, down below you said that contraction took two years. How
wide is this top section? It's wider than I expected. And wide are the
legs near the bottom?

Archibald: Well, this top part is 17 feet wide, and down at the bottom
the legs are 54 feet wide. Between the steel and the concrete, this
whole thing weighs more than 17,000 tons!

Harri, muttering softly: Huh, that's even more than Amelia weighs.

Old May 29th 14, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

[...]

munches on turkey and roast beast and lopster she ask Archibald some
questions.]

So, Archibald, down below you said that construction took two years. How
wide is this top section? It's wider than I expected. And how wide are

Old May 29th 14, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ann791

On 5/29/2014 2:33 PM, Community Kitties wrote:
[...]

Samwise gets a plate and takes a little of everything to snack on.
Lucy Lu is more interested in looking at the sights with a telescope. "I
have a question but, not about the arch. What kind of ships are on the
Mississippi river?"

Lucy Lu
Old May 30th 14, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Community Kitties wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Iowna puts a paw up to go to the top! She wants to sniff about from
very high. Cash gulps at getting more than 6feet off the ground but
Daisy-chan assures him she will be right at his side. As they get to
the top, Cash stays in the tram but looks about from the door.

Old May 30th 14, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

ann791 wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Cash-pup takes a look. "The big ones are mostly transport shippies
anna have the paerts dey lift ona big trucks ur trains. Dem midle ones
wif verandas, are cruise boats. Da ones dat look liek houses, are
houses! Dez called house-boats. Anna da bitty ones? Theze fishin
boats!"

Cash wanders over and snags a plate and starts loading up while Iowna
sniffs and selects with a smaller plate. Predominate on the plates is
good fresh Mississippi catfish. Daisy-chan goes for catfish and
crawdads.

Old May 30th 14, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey=^..^=[_5_]

[...]

Mosey says to Archibald,
Me, PookyKat Sqweex, Pipps, BobQat, Mimzy and my bitties Mayzy and Tygur
would love to go to the top of the arch. yeUP