Harri cat gets to visit the Marysville kitten walk place

Old February 10th 05, 04:07 AM
Jo Firey

Pictures of Dan and Harri at http://tinyurl.com/6gagt

We had a very brief visit as Dan was headed to Nevada and I was midpoint on
getting grandson's off to work.

Harri is just as beautiful as I expected. (It's OK Fez I've met her so you
are still my favorite cat I've never met)

She is definitely "Daddy's little girl" and wants nothing to do with
strangers, which is as it should be. I don't think she much cares for Dan
talking to strangers either. She has the most gorgeous eyes.

Dan and Harri, may you have good weather and open roads.

Jo
"Dan M" wrote in message
Not sure but if I have to take grandson to Marysville to work, I may just
do that.

Jo

We arrived almost an hour early, got our loaded trailer, and parked on the
street. I had some paperwork to finish off, so did that. Harri spent the
time "ack-ack"ing at some birds across the street. Finally about 4:45 I
hooked Harri up and took her into the large green field we were parked
beside. I guess she doesn't like grass that comes up to her tummy any more
than water that comes up to her tummy - she spent about 5 minutes walking
around then made a bee-line back to the truck.

I decided to check e-mail and Usenet one more time, and I was getting the
wireless internet connection set up, Jo pulled up! Perfect timing.
Unfortunately Harri is terrified of anyone except Nancy and me, so I had
to pick her up off the back of the seat and hold her for Jo to get a
picture.

Jo was kind enough to bring Harri a great big shrimpie! It's now on the
dashboard while it finishes thawing, and Harri is meatloafing right in
front of it. As soon as I take it out of the plastic bag I suspect she's
going to make short work of it.

We're now off to Sacramento to scale this load, then headed for Sparks
(Reno) where we'll spend the night.

Old February 10th 05, 05:13 AM
Marina

Dan M wrote:

Her resolve faltered as the water got a little deeper. When the water
reached her tummy her resolve disappeared entirely. She attempted to
pirouette without touching the water (and almost succeeded, I swear!),
raced back to dry land, and kept going until she reached the fence
around the yard. She does NOT like getting her tummy fur wet!

LOL! Sounds like Nikki could give Harri a few swimming lessons. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old February 10th 05, 05:20 AM
Marina

Jo Firey wrote:

Pictures of Dan and Harri at http://tinyurl.com/6gagt

Oh, she has grown a lot!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old February 10th 05, 05:22 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Jo Firey at
wrote on 2/9/05 10:07 PM:

Pictures of Dan and Harri at
http://tinyurl.com/6gagt

We had a very brief visit as Dan was headed to Nevada and I was midpoint on
getting grandson's off to work.

Harri is just as beautiful as I expected. (It's OK Fez I've met her so you
are still my favorite cat I've never met)

She is definitely "Daddy's little girl" and wants nothing to do with
strangers, which is as it should be. I don't think she much cares for Dan
talking to strangers either. She has the most gorgeous eyes.

Dan and Harri, may you have good weather and open roads.

She's a cutie patootie all right!

Old February 10th 05, 06:25 AM
Dan M

Jo Firey wrote:

Pictures of Dan and Harri at http://tinyurl.com/6gagt

We had a very brief visit as Dan was headed to Nevada and I was midpoint on
getting grandson's off to work.

Harri is just as beautiful as I expected. (It's OK Fez I've met her so you
are still my favorite cat I've never met)

She is definitely "Daddy's little girl" and wants nothing to do with
strangers, which is as it should be. I don't think she much cares for Dan
talking to strangers either. She has the most gorgeous eyes.

Dan and Harri, may you have good weather and open roads.

Jo

Jo, Harri wanted me to tell you that hte shrimpie you brought her was a
huge success!

Harri has never seen a shrimp before (I guess this was really a prawn,
as it was BIG). She's a real sweetheart, but she doesn't score really
high on the courage meter. As you saw, when she panicked when realized
another human being was approaching within 10 feet of her.

The shrimp was fully thawed by the time we finished scaling the load in
Sacramento, so it put down on the passenger seat on a paper towel. Harri
look intrigued and definitely liked the smell. However, having never
seen such a thing before she wasn't quite sure what to do with it. She
started by pawing at it without ever actually touching it. I guess she
was waiting to see if it would move when her paws got close. She pawed
at it for about 5 minutes, without ever actually touching it.

After 5 minutes of pawing didn't produce any movement she circled around
behind the shrimp and warily touched it's tail. When it still didn't
attack her she speared it with a couple of claws and held it up. Tehe
continue lack of attack emboldened Harri to actually bat it around with
her paws - she did this for another 5 minutes or so.

Then she picked it up in her mouth and shook it vigorously, dropped it,
circled it, and repeated a few times. Then she finally decided she could
safely give it a nip. She nibbled off a little piece, and I could just
about see the light bulb come on - "Hey, this stuff is GOOD!". She then
set to eating it seriously. She got about 1/10 of it eaten then decided
it needed to be shaken a few more times to be sure it was really dead,
then batted around the passenger seat a few more time, then nibbled on
again.

All told, that shrimp proveded at least half an hour of entertainment as
well as giving Harri kitten a yummy snack.

Thanks so much!

Dan
Old February 10th 05, 06:46 AM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 20:07:10 -0800, "Jo Firey"
yodeled:

Pictures of Dan and Harri at http://tinyurl.com/6gagt

squeal What a sweetie puss!

melt

Theresa
Old February 10th 05, 02:51 PM
CatNipped

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
Pictures of Dan and Harri at http://tinyurl.com/6gagt

We had a very brief visit as Dan was headed to Nevada and I was midpoint
on getting grandson's off to work.

Harri is just as beautiful as I expected. (It's OK Fez I've met her so
you are still my favorite cat I've never met)

She is definitely "Daddy's little girl" and wants nothing to do with
strangers, which is as it should be. I don't think she much cares for Dan
talking to strangers either. She has the most gorgeous eyes.

Dan and Harri, may you have good weather and open roads.

Oh, how adorable (and Harri Roadcat is pretty cute too!!) ; Lucky you,
Jo, for getting to meet them both.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Jo

Old February 10th 05, 03:14 PM
O J

Jo F wrote:

Pictures of Dan and Harri at http://tinyurl.com/6gagt

What a sweetface! Dan's a very good kitty daddy.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old February 10th 05, 03:18 PM
O J

Dan M wrote:

All told, that shrimp proveded at least half an hour of entertainment as
well as giving Harri kitten a yummy snack.

Jo, you're a hit!

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old February 10th 05, 03:22 PM
Holly via CatKB.com

Oh Jo you are lucky you got to meet the famous roadcat.
Dan she is getting so big not to much of a kitten anymore.
Keep the stories coming I love them.
Holly

rec.pets.cats: Manx Breed-FAQ Paul Osmond Cat Information 0 November 28th 04 05:17 AM
rec.pets.cats: Manx Breed-FAQ Paul Osmond Cat Information 0 October 29th 04 05:25 AM
Guest Cat & Kitten LOL Cat anecdotes 30 August 10th 04 02:08 PM
Gem the Gray Kitten (long) Annie Benson-Lennaman Cat anecdotes 21 August 25th 03 01:02 AM
Flea Dip for 7-week-old kitten Sandra Loosemore Cat health & behaviour 29 July 30th 03 05:12 AM