Another Rhett Story

Old June 2nd 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Another Rhett Story

Yes, this cat amuses me so. He could fill a book of anecdotes!

You've heard of cats that wake and warn their hoomins about a fire
in the house, or some other bad thing happening? Well, I suspect
Rhett would be one of those cats.

I got rid of the old Drinkwell fountain because it was turning into
something that provided ambiance, rather than an actual watering
hole for some reason. Plus, it's hard to clean. I replaced it with
something called "The Bubbler". Smoother design, no nooks and
crannies that are hard to keep clean, and no filters. It doesn't
circulate the water, but it has an air pump that blows bubbles into
it to keep it oxygenated. I'm not thrilled with this design
(external pump, rubber hose from pump to bowl - don't these people
know this is the kind of thing kitties like to chew on?), but it's
easier to clean, so we'll see how it goes. So, it bubbles. Did I
paint a picture for you what this looks like, and *sounds* like?
Last night was when I set it up. It got lots of stares and
investigation (each kitty investigates things differently - some
will stare, move a little closer, dip in paws to try to catch the
bubbles, and some [Bonnie] will run past it several times from
different directions trying to get a good look on the way by).

Some time early in the morning (about 3am) Rhett must have decided
that it reminded him of the run-on toilet that drives him nuts
because he decided that I must also be warned that something is
wrong with it. He is a polite cat, and doesn't try to wake me up if
his food bowl is empty, so when I woke up to him doing hurdles over
me and talking up a storm, and most of the time coming up short of
jumping *over* me to jump *on* me, I took him seriously. As any
good slave should. "What's wrong boy?" says me. "MROWWWWWOW" Mmm-
okayyyy, I *get* it. Is your bowl empty, says me half asleep
forgetting for a minute that he doesn't wake me up for that.
"MROOORRWWW". Get up to follow him and he runs to the kitchen and
lays down on the floor in front of The Bubbler (his bowl isn't in
the kitchen). I chuckle a little, check to make sure it isn't
leaking, then tell him "Good Boy", pat on the head, and go back to
sleep. He followed me and rested, knowing he did his duty as the
superior being of telling dumb hoomin that Something Is Wrong.

Purrs to those that need them. Just reading about your cats and
your lives, and enjoying the fun stories, sending purrs and prayers
for the hardships and bumps in lifes journey some of you are
experiencing, and just trying to share a little something when I
feel like it might be something someone might like to read.

--
Cheryl
Old June 2nd 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Yes, this cat amuses me so. He could fill a book of anecdotes!

You've heard of cats that wake and warn their hoomins about a fire
in the house, or some other bad thing happening? Well, I suspect
Rhett would be one of those cats.

I got rid of the old Drinkwell fountain because it was turning into
something that provided ambiance, rather than an actual watering
hole for some reason. Plus, it's hard to clean. I replaced it with

Yeah, it's *VERY* hard to clean - even pipe cleaners can't get into all the
nooks and crannies! Plus if, like me, you have extremely hard water then
every two months you have to soak the whole thing in vinegar to get the
mineral deposits off the plastic (it makes it look really yucky besides
providing a rough surface for germs to hatch. However, mine like the
fountaining water (I have three who used to drink exclusively from water
faucets).

[...]

What a good boy! Please give him scritches from me.

BTW, how is Scarlett's boo-boo in her mouth doing?

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Cheryl

Old June 2nd 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 23:16:32 +0000, Cheryl wrote:

[...]

What a good boy he is! FTI I found the easiest way to clean our
Petsmate fountain is to have it circulate vinegar water for a few hours.
MLB

Old June 2nd 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu 01 Jun 2006 07:27:27p, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

BTW, how is Scarlett's boo-boo in her mouth doing?

It looks nasty, but not getting worse. Her nose is whistling a
little, but she's always been a loud breather when she's held or
petted. She's eating well, but I still might take her up to the vet
for something to put on it to ease the pain, and to have her checked
to see if it's getting infected. Vet told me to be on the lookout for
yellowing or greenish coloring in the ulcers. I just can't tell. I'd
rather have her look and see if it's ok. I'm taking a half-day
tomorrow, so I'm going to call in the morning and see if they can fit
her in in the afternoon.

--
Cheryl
Old June 2nd 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cheryl wrote:
[...]

LOL! Gives a new meaning to 'let me run this by you.'

[...]

What a good boy! I hope you could get back to sleep. I never can, if I
wake up in the middle of the night. The night before last, I woke up at
*2* and couldn't get back to sleep at all. The cats were sleeping
peacefully on the bed, so it wasn't their fault.

Old June 2nd 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Last night was when I set it up. It got lots of stares and
investigation (each kitty investigates things differently - some
will stare, move a little closer, dip in paws to try to catch the
bubbles, and some [Bonnie] will run past it several times from
different directions trying to get a good look on the way by).

This is my FAVORITE part!!!! ROFL!!!!

I can't imagine seeing the gentle giant Rhett flying over me first thing in
the a.m.!!