The winking

Old February 16th 10, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_2_]

Default The winking

The sun shines brightly over the mountains and sparkles off the lake
below while warm gentle breeze rustles the flowers. The gardens and west
lawn are clear of snow but the rest of the land that's visible still
wears a mantle of white. Birds sing from the trees and squirrels chatter
noisily at each other.

The main garden at Cleopatra's Place has been decorated with bows and
ribbons, and has been furnished with chairs, soft cushions and pillows.
Roses are placed at each seating position. A few kitties are starting to
take their seats, and are meowing softly to each other. At the outer edge
of the garden, nearest the forest, a large granite boulder is surrounded
by Egyptian temple cats. Some of the temple cats scatter flower petals on
the ground. The temple cats fan out around the room and begin chanting.
As their meows echo into the forest the incense burners placed around the
edge of the garden start to emit their scented smoke. The fragrance of
the incense mingles pleasantly with the fragrance of the garden's roses.

Suddenly 'porter after 'porter twinkle as the community kitties
arrive.

Meanwhile, Stormee, Mme. Anais, Lilith, and Miss Tina Marie are
putting on their finishing touches. Stormee inspects again the bewinking
collar she has selected for Rosco.

In another room, Rosco, Samuel, Tiger and Ranger are fixing their
tuxes and grooming. Rosco takes out the box containing Stormee's
bewinking collar and inspects it again.
Old February 16th 10, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

Chester: Storrmmee iz yoursuf readi?

Storrmmee: i iz readi butted i am skared i willz get so xcited i willz
furget whta say.

Chester: remembers how nurfuz he wuz... well dat iz why da preeztiz sayz
whut iz nezt like duz you wantsa say stuff... bazt temple katz makez it veri
ez.

Stormmee: ok den minsuf iz readi.

*meanwhile Trudi insptigates the crowd of gatherin kitteez anna sees there
are some notez to be made in the skort buk... she looks arownd and sees a
few second wurld cats... ahhhh willow be happy

trudi

Old February 16th 10, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Indeed Willow will be happy if Paddy shows up. Piglett who has not heard
from Wascal, is sure that he will be there.

Old February 17th 10, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties

Granby wrote:

Indeed Willow will be happy if Paddy shows up. Piglett who has not heard
from Wascal, is sure that he will be there.

[As more kitties find their seats a large contingent steps out of the
teleporter. Many Second World kitties, including Aed and Morgana,
emerge, accompanied by STTom and a handful of kitties from the
mysterious island where the last Jellicle Ball was held.

STTom looks around hopefully.]

Old February 17th 10, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

OEJ sees STT and waves herown paw, she is seated where she can see the
proceedings but still in a quieter area because she is still traumatized by
the ted stealing her blood last thursday and the insuing tokor of tapazo
pills.

she has on a light pink suit with a red trim and white ribbons on her tail
with red hearts.

she waves again to make sure he sees her.

Old February 17th 10, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties

Stormmee wrote:

OEJ sees STT and waves herown paw, she is seated where she can see the
proceedings but still in a quieter area because she is still traumatized by
the ted stealing her blood last thursday and the insuing tokor of tapazo
pills.

she has on a light pink suit with a red trim and white ribbons on her tail
with red hearts.

she waves again to make sure he sees her.

OEJ! Hi! I am SO glad to see you! I'z been furry, furry bizee an I iz so
sorry I'z been out of touch. An I heard bout your awful 'sperience at da
TED an wif da pills. Is you ok? After da wedwink could I get you
somefing to drink?

STTom
Old February 17th 10, 03:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

I iz beri glata see yourownseuf, i figured you wuz bizi az da weafur in
catiforna haz been all krazi. I wuld lofta haffa drink atta chepshun wif
yourownsef...

I feelz purti gud cept I HATEZ DA TED NOW, I usta like hersef butted not ani
more, she haz taken ta steelin mine blood efuri time i goez in der now, az
if it wuzing enuf dat shee steeled sum of mine teefz befur.!!!

I seemsta feel purti gud butted i feelz mor kumfurtable inna darker qweet
plazes fur now so i kiked stormmee owtaa da kurint pway box soft letted uses
haf anna i haz taked it ofur

OEJ

Old February 17th 10, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties

The guests have all been seated, and the organ begins playing the BRIDAL CHORUS OF LOHENGRIN. Rosco, accompanied by Tiger, Samuel, and Ranger, walk slowly down the aisle and are now standing at the front.

Stormee enters and walks slowly toward the front. She smiles at all of her community friends as she walks, followed by Mme Anais, Lilith Kitten, and Miss Tina Marie. When Stormee arrives at the front, she turns to Rosco and softly purrs. They both wait.

Suddenly, atop the granite boulder, appears a beautiful black cat in long, flowing robes with an emerald scarab on a gold chain as her collar. She leaps high into the air once, then touches softly down to where the bridal party are assembled, eyes dancing with excitement to be in this magical, ancient site blessed by Bast Herself. A breeze flutters Mau's robes and her eyes glow even brighter as she addresses the group:

Welcome to this sacred place, my fellow felines, where we celebrate the rituals of our feline heritage. Millennia ago the ancient Egyptians, the ancestors of our hoomins, began to cultivate grain, and since the banks of the Nile were a fertile plain, they soon had a surplus, which they stored in granaries. A minor functionary of Pharaoh's court was in charge of these granaries, and this human had a problem: rats and mice were not only eating the stored grain, but worse yet, they were causing the grain to spoil with their droppings. This human - his name is long forgotten, but let's call him Kalid - was troubled, because every trap or plan to foil the rodents failed. Discouraged and sleepless, he decided to travel down the Nile on a religious retreat.

When he reached his temple, he made offerings to the gods, and then met with his priest. When he told the priest of his troubles, the priest said, "Follow me." They went into the Temple granary which was clean and free from rodents. Amazed, Kalid asked "How can this be?"

The priest made a "mewing" sound and from small stone huts came one or two cats. Kalid jumped back - the only cats he had ever seen were much larger jungle cats, known for their ability to tear a man limb from limb. These smaller cats walked over and rubbed against the priest's leg; he told Kalid that they had suddenly appeared from the jungle some time ago, and while looking like smaller versions of their ferocious cousins, these did not harm man. While they spoke, a group of rats made for the pile of grain. Out of nowhere, a clowder of cats jumped them, and before long, the rats were no more. Kalid was amazed, and begged the priest for a pair of breeding cats. The priest obliged, and with his blessing, Kalid made his way up the Nile with not one, but four pair of cats.

A number of years have now passed, and Kalid has now become a wealthy and powerful member of the Pharaoh's court; nevertheless, he still kept his office in the original granary where he started his civil service career. Late one night, Kalid was writing a report by the light of an oil lamp when one of his original cats jumped up on his desk. Some would have been startled, for most humans still thought they were small lions or panthers, but Kalid was used to them. Busy with his work, he barely noticed that this cat settled down in a meatloaf position very close to him, then rubbed its face on his hand. Kalid was startled, but tentatively rubbed the top of its head. The cat closed its eyes and began to purr; Kalid continued to rub...

This went on for some weeks, until late one night as he was leaving, this cat jumped off of the table and began to follow Kalid. Kalid gently shooed the cat away, but the cat rubbed against his leg. For reasons we will never know, Kalid bent down and picked up the cat, who nestled against his chest. "Mewrrrrkkkk" said the cat. Kalid turned, blew out the oil lamp, and carried the cat home.

In the coming weeks, all who walked by Kalid's home marveled at the cat sunning itself on the window sill; then the Pharaoh, hearing of this asked Kalid for a cat for his palace. Well, my fellow felines, the rest is history, and it all began just feet from where you now sit...

And now, today, we gather here in this sacred place, in the presence of friends and loved ones, to join them in committing their lives together.

Stormee, would you please speak to Rosco, of your commitment to him?

Old February 17th 10, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

I has komed here to tell da entire komuniti dat i iz kommitted to yoursuf
anna onli yourownsef,... I haza blessing of mine bud, Chester who haz beend
beri kloze to a dad kat to mine suf, anna while da furri thinked i shuld
wate, he iz afur all a hoomin anna mine momdad hoomin butted he iz not
standin mmin way of whut i wantz...

I purmizeta be your wink yourown furnd anna smurgler fur az long az minesef
lifez anna fur az long az yoursuf will haz minesujf...

I purmize ta hep you wif whatefur you wantsa du efin ifin i duzint
unnerstand it anna efin itz dangeruz beclawz i truztz yourown judgemint,

Storrmmee