HELP! Temporary sitter needed for my two fur babies.

Old September 20th 03, 01:43 PM
jmcquown

Seanette Blaylock wrote:
Tanada had some very interesting things to say
about HELP! Temporary sitter needed for my two fur babies.:
Seanette Blaylock wrote:
Karen Chuplis had some very interesting
things to say about HELP! Temporary sitter needed for my two fur
babies.:
Would you email me again? I am being flooded with "Microsoft
patches" (grrrrr) and accidently wiped out seven messages I didn't
mean to. Yours was one of them. I've never had this problem before
and it's suddenly started today. If it doesn't stop I may have to
change my email addy.
You too? I've gotten something like a dozen today! I'm also getting
bounces from gibberish addresses, plus other weirdness.

I've also been getting both the patches and the gibberish addys. I
was beginning to think I had a virus.

I'm practically drowning in the [bleep] things! I'm probably at over
50 of each of three types by now! [I'm not keeping an exact score,
I've got better things to do.]

It is the SWEN worm and has been going on for days and days. Just don't
open any of the attachments. Automatically (permanently) delete the damn
things. I'm sure eventually the mail servers at various ISP's will begin to
block these out. I haven't gotten a single one at work and we use Outlook
there, too. If your ISP is smart they will block them from the server as
soon as they can figure out how. (I get as many as 5 an hour with various
"from" headings, but the subjects all basically say either it's a security
patch or bounced email that you never sent.)

Jill

Old September 20th 03, 05:20 PM
Seanette Blaylock

"jmcquown" had some very interesting things
to say about HELP! Temporary sitter needed for my two fur babies.:

It is the SWEN worm and has been going on for days and days. Just don't
open any of the attachments. Automatically (permanently) delete the damn
things. I'm sure eventually the mail servers at various ISP's will begin to

I know better than to open executable attachments. :-)

block these out. I haven't gotten a single one at work and we use Outlook
there, too. If your ISP is smart they will block them from the server as
soon as they can figure out how. (I get as many as 5 an hour with various
"from" headings, but the subjects all basically say either it's a security
patch or bounced email that you never sent.)

I sent a heads-up to my ISP and they're doing pretty well with their
SpamAssassin and AV filtering, AFAICT, but a few are still sneaking
through. Impulse is trying hard, so no grumbles on my side. :-)

--
Seanette Blaylock
"You attribute perfect rationality to the whole of humanity, which has
Old September 20th 03, 06:21 PM
L. Kelly

"LOL" wrote in message
om...
| I am looking for someone in Red Deer, Alberta, as that is where I will be moving from
| here, and I would like to at least be able to visit with them. I will miss them
terribly
| and I'm certain that I won't be able to sleep without my bed companions, but as long
as I
| know I can get them home again, I will get by.
|
| Is there anyone in Red Deer who would be willing to help me out here?....Please?
|

| I am far away and can't keep your boys for you - I wish I could. We
| are sending many, many purrs that everything works out for you and
| Brat and Linus, and that you find yourselves in a good, safe situation
| asap. Please let us know if we can help long-distance.
| ------
| Krista

Hi Krista,

Thank you very much for your kind words. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, so
if your networking brings you to this part of the world, then I would love to hear from
anyone who will be willing to hold them for me. I won't leave here until my boys are safe
too!

Thanks again,
--
Hugs,