Who are your owners and their ages?

Old May 2nd 13, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default Who are your owners and their ages?

On 5/1/2013 7:51 PM, MaryL wrote:
I know many of your owners, but I thought it would be fun to "check up"
on all our owners.

My owners are Holly (she will be 18 on June 18) and Duffy (approximately
14 or 15--hard to believe)

My sister just gave me a plaque with a picture of a black cat (Holly!!)
and this message: "It's my cat's world...I'm just here to open cans."
How very true!!

MaryL

True indeed!

As most of you know, my owners are Shamrock (~12 yo) the sh!thead (said
mostly lovingly), Rhett and Scarlett the tiny littermates from 2004 - of
course Rhett is far from tiny now, and my former feral Bonnie who was
trapped and brought in in the late winter of 2003. Her age now is
anyone's guess but I thought she was a kitten at the time, maybe a fall
baby. Her frame is still tiny so I really don't know how old she was,
maybe born the previous spring which would have been 2002. Or older.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old May 2nd 13, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 5/1/2013 11:44 PM, Chris H wrote:

Hazard...stealth black boykatzen, somewhere around 12 - 13yo...rescued
from the University of Maryland campus, hyperthyroid (currently under
control) and still has abandonment issues after all these years. Cuddly
when he demands it, just wish he'd get along with Oreo... Also a mean
'nip drunk, but adores his feather toys.

Oreo...about 5-6 yo black and white gurlcat, (theoretical birthday
today, May 1), rescued from the woods in Herndon, Virginia USA when she
was about 5-6 months old. Runs from everyone else except me. Also runs
from the doorbell and many strange noises, but is constantly getting
under foot and coming back to headbutt me. Loves to sleep against my
shoulder, rub on my shoes, and attack my shoe and boot laces.

Purrs and best fishes to all-

Chris H (and the Fairfax Fur Factory)

Happy Purrday Oreo!!

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old May 2nd 13, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 5/2/2013 11:39 AM, ---MIKE--- wrote:

Ann asked:

Is a tiny meow typical of Maine Coon
cats? We think Samwise is part Maine
Coon and has a tiny meow.

I think it is. Sometimes Tiger just opens his mouth and I hear nothing.

Scarlett has a tiny meow. Actually, no meow. She chirps. But she's a
gray tabby and no part Maine Coon. Maybe part Ocicat or Bengal, though.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old May 2nd 13, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 5/2/2013 3:56 PM, Judith Latham wrote:

My owner is Sootie a short haired, all black. (No white bits at all.)
She's about 6 years, the RSPCA aged her at two years when we got her and
she's been with us for four years.

Bonnie is/was all black, too. No white on her most of her life, but
I've started seeing a few white hairs coming out here and there.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old May 3rd 13, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/2/2013 6:51 PM, Cheryl wrote:
[...]

Yes, happy belated purrday, Oreo! And many more

Jill
Old May 3rd 13, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
b.com...

[...]

~~~~~~~
Yes, Happy Purrday, Oreo...and many more to come!

MaryL

Old May 3rd 13, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 1 May 2013 18:51:58 -0500, "MaryL"
wrote:

I know many of your owners, but I thought it would be fun to "check up" on
all our owners.

My owners are Holly (she will be 18 on June 18) and Duffy (approximately 14
or 15--hard to believe)

My sister just gave me a plaque with a picture of a black cat (Holly!!) and
true!!

MaryL

Senior cat is Nipsy, around 11. Big grey longhair, very gentle, whines
a lot. Fairly skitish among strangers in the house. Rescued from
outside after almost dying as a kitten when he was attacked by some
animal. I got him from the former coworker who rescued him.- he was a
few months old.

Marlo, around 10. I pulled her off the street maybe 8 years ago one
day when it was 8 degrees (F) outside. DSH, mostly brown, black and
white. Fat.

Scooter - crazy boy, around 10, DSH, Black tuxedo cat. Crashed the
party. My backyard is fenced in so my cats can't get out, but Scooter
kept climbing in. This created problems with my former Alpha cat Espy
(RB) so I decided that if Scooter wanted in so badly, I'd just have to
do the introduction bit and into the Cat Introduction Room he went. It
took a long time for Espy to tolerate Scooter but they finally stopped
being enemies, and then Epsy died.

Scooter is now sort of the Alpha cat but Nipsy and Marlo will throw
their superior weight around if required.
Old May 6th 13, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 5/1/2013 7:51 PM, MaryL wrote:
I know many of your owners, but I thought it would be fun to "check up"
on all our owners.

My owners are Holly (she will be 18 on June 18) and Duffy (approximately
14 or 15--hard to believe)

My sister just gave me a plaque with a picture of a black cat (Holly!!)
and this message: "It's my cat's world...I'm just here to open cans."
How very true!!

MaryL

I (& hubby) are owned by the following felines:

Bam-Bam, mostly white with grey tabby patches (Two-Face, or Harvey
Dent), Barney, mostly white with grey tabby patches, (Boogity-Butt),
Betty, black (aka Hidey-Cat or The Mazda Kitty since she zoom-zooms out
of sight when you spot her)... all three littermates (same MamaKat as
Weeble)

Ernie, mostly white with grey tabby patches (The Monster Cat), Mimi,
mostly white with grey tabby and some orange patches (Fat-Tot), and Moe,
about 50/50 grey tabby & white (Taterhead)... also littermates (same
feral MamaKat as Weeble)

Sir Weeble Wobblybottom, black (Weebs, Whineybutt)

Lizzie, grey and orange tabby mixed with white (the Sharp & Pointy Kitty)

Ping, seal point Siamese (Monkey-Cat)

Rosie, possibly Maine Coon mix, black long haired, who loves getting her
summer (poodle) haircut (FattyFatFatCat)

....and they also boss around two D-things: Annie (the Timmy-hunter) and
Tiny (stupid barky thing)

all 10 cats are rescues (from a life on the street), but Lizzie is the
only one that came from the local shelter. Both D-things originated from
the shelter, and are All American Mutts, but Tiny came to us via a
friend that had to move in to a nursing home (and the shelter does know
that we have her, as she used to volunteer there).

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old May 7th 13, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 5/6/2013 10:26 AM, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
On 5/1/2013 7:51 PM, MaryL wrote:
[...]

I still recognize most of those names but I don't think you had 10
owners the last I saw a head count from you. What fun you must have!

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.