Hiccups?

Old March 11th 04, 05:02 AM
Jeanne Hedge

Default Hiccups?

Anyone have a remedy for a cat with hiccups?

It's kind of difficult to sneak up behind her and scare her, or have
her hold her breath, or have her drink water, or many other granny
remedies!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com
Old March 11th 04, 05:11 AM
badwilson

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
Anyone have a remedy for a cat with hiccups?

It's kind of difficult to sneak up behind her and scare her, or have
her hold her breath, or have her drink water, or many other granny
remedies!

Cats with hiccups are soooo cute! Doesn't happen to Vino often but when it
does, I just melt! But for Vino it only lasts for 2 or 3 hics so I don't
have a remedy.
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 11th 04, 05:51 AM
Marina

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote
Anyone have a remedy for a cat with hiccups?

It's kind of difficult to sneak up behind her and scare her, or have
her hold her breath, or have her drink water, or many other granny
remedies!

Frank gets the hiccups pretty often. I don't have a remedy, but it usually
passes fairly quickly. I do tell him to go drink some water, but he never
listens. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old March 11th 04, 08:58 PM
cati

only cure that worked for mistoffelees was to put him over my shoulder and
burp him as if he was a baby. he thought this way of getting a cuddle was
great. thankfully his hiccups disappeared when he learnt he didnt have to
gulp his food as he too big to burp now.

Cati

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
Anyone have a remedy for a cat with hiccups?

It's kind of difficult to sneak up behind her and scare her, or have
her hold her breath, or have her drink water, or many other granny
remedies!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com

---

Old March 12th 04, 05:24 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

Anyone have a remedy for a cat with hiccups?

I didn't know cats could GET hiccups!
Old March 12th 04, 07:18 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:24:54 -0800, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

Anyone have a remedy for a cat with hiccups?

I didn't know cats could GET hiccups!

Rocky used to, back when he first moved in with us. At the time he was
pretty much a glutton, ate as fast and as much as he could. Now, he's
slowed down, guess he's decided he can take his time and enjoy it.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 12th 04, 10:13 AM
jmcquown

wrote:

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

Anyone have a remedy for a cat with hiccups?

I didn't know cats could GET hiccups!

Rocky used to, back when he first moved in with us. At the time he was
pretty much a glutton, ate as fast and as much as he could. Now, he's
slowed down, guess he's decided he can take his time and enjoy it.

Persia still gets them occasionally. It's pretty funny; she usually
stretches out on my stomach when I'm reading a book and sometimes she'll
start to 'hic'... it feels funny and I start giggling, which of course makes
her look at me like I'm crazy. Hey, you're the one with the hiccups, goofy
kitty!

Jill

Old March 12th 04, 10:21 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Anyone have a remedy for a cat with hiccups?

I didn't know cats could GET hiccups!

Spicey gets them.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

Old March 13th 04, 03:30 AM

wrote:

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

Anyone have a remedy for a cat with hiccups?

I didn't know cats could GET hiccups!

Rocky used to, back when he first moved in with us. At the time he was
pretty much a glutton, ate as fast and as much as he could. Now, he's
slowed down, guess he's decided he can take his time and enjoy it.

That's probably why I've never encountered it. So far, all my cats have
been "nibblers", and there's food available all the time, so they've no
need to gulp it down too fast.

--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old March 13th 04, 03:27 PM
William Hamblen

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 08:49:10 GMT, O J wrote:

Mine get wet food twice a day with crunchies left out in auto
feeders all the time. You'd think there would be no need to pig out,
but once every two weeks or so, a pile on the floor tells that one of
them ate more in one sitting than you'd think a little pussycat could
hold.

One day years ago my old tomcat discovered that claws can open paper
bags of dry cat food and gorged himself. I found the cat on his back
with a fat belly and an "I can't believe I ate the whole thing"
expression. He got over the belly ache and I got a large plastic jar
to hold the cat food.