Rubberband Monster

Old March 14th 04, 02:29 AM
Hopitus2

Default Rubberband Monster

Say, CAT, do you or your son have anything like a yahoo-type email addy? I
would like to communicate off the ng. If son knows of any low-traffic
chatrooms that would do.

"CATherine" wrote in message
: I keep a number of rubberbands hanging on my bedroom door for putting
: on my broomstick skirts when I wash them (to set the crinkles). But
: one rubberband is larger than the others, so it dangles. Robin has
: been interested in it.
:
: One day I came home from work and the band was not on the door. I
: spotted it on the floor later but was too busy to pick it up. I forgot
: about it. The next day I saw it again in another part of the room.
: This went on for a few days.
:
: On my day off i suddenly remembered it and was going to pick it up. I
: went toward the bedroom and spotted Djoser doing acrobatic leaps and
: flips and turns. Then I saw the rubberband flying through the air
: where Robin neatly caught it.
:
: But the rubberband monster was too wiley for him and suddenly Robin
: was leaping and flipping as the rubberband leaped and sailed through
: the air.
:
: Robin and Djoser are experts at going after greeblings and they
: somehow knew the rubberband was a monster that was alive and had to be
: tamed. I am so grateful to have two monster-catchers. ;-)
:
: CATherine, wondering about other innocent-looking monsters in the
: house

Old March 14th 04, 06:23 AM
LOL

CATherine wrote in message . ..
[...]

Awwww, how cute! Mike's most favorite bestest toy **ever** is rubber
bands; however, he can never, never have them, because after he kills
them he *eats* them. If he ever finds one I have to watch him like a
hawk until he's distracted for a nanosecond, and grab it quick and
sneak it into the trash.
:-(

------
Krista
Old March 14th 04, 06:49 AM
Yoj

"LOL" wrote in message
om...
CATherine wrote in message

. ..
[...]

I used to enjoy watching Skeeter play with rubber bands, until I saw her
start chewing on one. Now I try to keep them away from her. :-(

Joy

Old March 14th 04, 08:04 PM

CATherine wrote:

Robin and Djoser are experts at going after greeblings and they
somehow knew the rubberband was a monster that was alive and had to be
tamed. I am so grateful to have two monster-catchers. ;-)

At least they don't eat it! I have to keep all rubberbands in my
house completely inaccessible to Roxy or she'll chew it into little
pieces. I don't like to think where the missing parts went!

Joyce
Old March 15th 04, 12:27 AM
Yowie

If you are both members of catslaves, you could do worse than use the
catslaves chat room (nobody uses it these days). Or you could just IM each
other.

Yowie

"CATherine" wrote in message
Hopitus, I just tried sending you an email; but it came back as
unknown. So, maybe you ought to try sending to me. My email is
pepsicola5cents at bigsandytelco dot com. Sorry, we don't do
chatrooms.

CATherine

Old March 15th 04, 12:29 AM
Yowie

"CATherine" wrote in message
I keep a number of rubberbands hanging on my bedroom door for putting
on my broomstick skirts when I wash them (to set the crinkles). But
one rubberband is larger than the others, so it dangles. Robin has
been interested in it.

What on earth is a broomstick skirt?

[...]

Aww, they're just trying to protect you from those evil greebling-larvae.

Yowie

Old March 15th 04, 02:32 AM
Hopitus2

Broomstick skirt, for Gen-X & Y's, or the curious, was popular some time
ago: multiple sharp pleats created by wrapping light-material skirt tightly
around a broomstick and secure that way, letting it dry into tight
wrinkle/pleats.

"Yowie" wrote in message
: ...

Old March 15th 04, 02:58 AM
badwilson

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
Broomstick skirt, for Gen-X & Y's, or the curious, was popular some time
ago: multiple sharp pleats created by wrapping light-material skirt

tightly
around a broomstick and secure that way, letting it dry into tight
wrinkle/pleats.

I used to have one and it came with instructions to twist it up and then tie
it into a knot for storage. Kept the winkles really well that way.
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 16th 04, 03:02 AM