Personal service

Old March 15th 04, 12:01 AM
Yoj

Default Personal service

I have a perfectly good cat door that both cats use all the time.
Except when I'm in the kitchen, where it is located. Whenever I'm in
the kitchen, Lindy expects me to open the door for her. She will
usually go over to the door and wait, no matter how long it takes. If
I'm busy and don't open it right away, she may make a quick comment, but
usually she waits silently. Skeeter, OTOH, will wait about 30 seconds,
and if I don't respond immediately, she'll go on out.

This morning while I was fixing my breakfast, both cats were visible
(Surprise, surprise! - in spite of the fact that I never give them
anything at that time of day). Skeeter went to the door and waited
until I opened it, then went out. Lindy stayed about 10 feet away -
until I closed the door after Skeeter. Then she went to the door and
expected me to open it. She had to have personal service!

--
Joy
Owned and operated by Lindy and Skeeter

Old March 15th 04, 01:42 AM
Takayuki

"Yoj" wrote:

This morning while I was fixing my breakfast, both cats were visible
(Surprise, surprise! - in spite of the fact that I never give them
anything at that time of day). Skeeter went to the door and waited
until I opened it, then went out. Lindy stayed about 10 feet away -
until I closed the door after Skeeter. Then she went to the door and
expected me to open it. She had to have personal service!

LOL! What spoiled girls you have!

Old March 15th 04, 04:49 AM
Marina

"Yoj" wrote
I have a perfectly good cat door that both cats use all the time.
Except when I'm in the kitchen, where it is located. Whenever I'm in
the kitchen, Lindy expects me to open the door for her. She will
usually go over to the door and wait, no matter how long it takes. If
I'm busy and don't open it right away, she may make a quick comment, but
usually she waits silently. Skeeter, OTOH, will wait about 30 seconds,
and if I don't respond immediately, she'll go on out.

This morning while I was fixing my breakfast, both cats were visible
(Surprise, surprise! - in spite of the fact that I never give them
anything at that time of day). Skeeter went to the door and waited
until I opened it, then went out. Lindy stayed about 10 feet away -
until I closed the door after Skeeter. Then she went to the door and
expected me to open it. She had to have personal service!

LOL! Sounds just like what Nikki would do.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old March 15th 04, 04:57 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old March 15th 04, 08:07 AM
Alan Erskine

"Yoj" wrote in message
hlink.net...
[...]

Guess who's got *you* wrapped around their little paws?

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

Old March 15th 04, 08:33 AM
Yoj

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
"Yoj" wrote in message
hlink.net...
[...]

Yup. ;-)

Joy

Old March 15th 04, 07:38 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:57:33 -0600, John F. Eldredge
wrote:

When I got home from church today, I changed out of my suit and put
it in the closet. About an hour later, I heard faint meows coming
from that direction. Cinders had apparently gone inside when I
opened the closet door, just to make sure that there weren't any
strange cats hiding in there. At least her stay was fairly short;
Annabel Lee once did this as I was heading out the door to work, and
spent about 12 hours in the closet before I got back home and
discovered her.

ROTFL Sammy is our resident cupboard security. I can't count the
number of times I've had to go open the door for her. Very odd when
you think about it, too. For some reason she seems unable to open a
cupboard from the inside, where all it requires is a push. She has no
trouble opening them from the outside where she has to hook the door
(no knobs) and pull ;-))
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 16th 04, 03:17 AM
badwilson

wrote:

When I got home from church today, I changed out of my suit and put
it in the closet. About an hour later, I heard faint meows coming
from that direction. Cinders had apparently gone inside when I
opened the closet door, just to make sure that there weren't any
strange cats hiding in there. At least her stay was fairly short;
Annabel Lee once did this as I was heading out the door to work, and
spent about 12 hours in the closet before I got back home and
discovered her.

ROTFL Sammy is our resident cupboard security. I can't count the
number of times I've had to go open the door for her. Very odd when
you think about it, too. For some reason she seems unable to open a
cupboard from the inside, where all it requires is a push. She has no
trouble opening them from the outside where she has to hook the door
(no knobs) and pull ;-))

Vino's the same way. He can hook the door and pull, but if he has to push
with his head, he starts to cry and cry until I open the door for him.
In our old condo in Vancouver, he even learned how to turn a window latch to
open the window. But the next step, pushing the window out, took him much
longer to master. He did master it eventually and we couldn't keep him
inside any longer. Oh well, he could only get as far as our 12th floor
(pretty cat safe) balcony. But now that we no longer have windows like
that, I think he's probably forgotten his neat-o trick!
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 16th 04, 07:07 AM
LOL

"badwilson" wrote in message ...

Vino's the same way. He can hook the door and pull, but if he has to push
with his head, he starts to cry and cry until I open the door for him.
In our old condo in Vancouver, he even learned how to turn a window latch to
open the window. But the next step, pushing the window out, took him much
longer to master. He did master it eventually and we couldn't keep him
inside any longer. Oh well, he could only get as far as our 12th floor
(pretty cat safe) balcony. But now that we no longer have windows like
that, I think he's probably forgotten his neat-o trick!

Heh. Mike's never figured out that hook and pull thing; he opens
things with his face. If he can't weasel his pointy little nose into
a crack and open a door that way, it stays closed. This is one of the
reasons I'm *glad* Mike is not all that smart. ;-)

------
Krista