A Cure for Urinary Blocking?

Old August 17th 04, 05:46 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

Default A Cure for Urinary Blocking?

Brando did it again. Nearly scared the -- um, you know -- out of us
yesterday when he urinated inappropriately, and then didn't seem to go
for awhile. He's blocked before, so we're always on Red Alert if it
appears there may be a problem.

Last time, I ran him to the vet, and it was the Eve of Thanksgiving.
No one would be there. "Take him to the University vet clinic", they
said. Now, I have taken a cab there, and am short on funds, and am
freaking out. Luckily, a lovely vet assistant offered to run me up
there. So we get in her car, and two minutes into the drive, he
pees. A lake. She gets out the trusty ol' cell phone to ask the vet
"Come back or go on?" and they suggest we continue, just to make sure.
He's checked out, no problems.

So yesterday, I call the vet, and she says to bring him in , just in
case. I call the cab, get him loaded, and a few minutes into the
drive smell something I'd rather not smell. Yep, he peed in the cab.
Luckily, there were enough newspapers in the carrier.

The vet checked him over thoroughly and pronounced him fit, except for
some dental work that needs done. He did have a suggestion for the
next time it looks like he might be blocking, though.

"Get in a car, and start to drive over here. If he doesn't go, come on
over. And if he does, just turn around and go back home!"

I guess getting in a vehicle scares the you-know-what out of Brando!

Ginger-lyn

Old August 17th 04, 06:44 PM
Karen

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message
[...]

LOL!! That was going to be my suggestion too!

Old August 17th 04, 07:20 PM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:44:00 -0500, Karen wrote:

[...]

I wonder how the cab driver feels? Best wishes for continued
improvement. MLB

Old August 19th 04, 07:01 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:20:39 +0000, mlbriggs
wrote:

LOL!! That was going to be my suggestion too!

I wonder how the cab driver feels? Best wishes for continued
improvement. MLB

Ironically enough, the same cabbie picked me up on the way home, so I
guess it didn't bother him that much!

Ginger-lyn