Clingy... every minute

Old November 18th 05, 07:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Clingy... every minute

Since I got back from my short trip Persia has been so ultra-clingy I don't
know what to do.

It's okay that she wants to snuggle when we sleep. But she's at the window
when I'm out, meowing when I come back in (I'm never gone more than 15
minutes). She wants in my lap constantly. She has to be with me.

She wants to be fed constantly. I think they broke their own rule about
feeding her only 1/4 c. twice a day because she's constantly after me for
food.

When I'm at the computer, she's up pawing at me. UP UP! Okay, I pick her
up and put her in my lap. She purrs and settles down... heavy lovey girl!
That's okay. Then she wants down. I'm staying here for for the moment.
She runs back... paws at me. Hey YOU! UP!

When I'm sleeping, she snuggles. Then during the night I get the soft paw
on my face. Sometimes she just gently touches me on the nose. That's
always funny! Other times she lays her paw on my face and leaves it there.
I open my eyes and find this green-eyed kittie staring at me, with her soft
little paw on my face. Awww!

If it's early in the morning I say, "Not time yet!" I roll over on my side
and get about a 10 minute reprieve. Then, TAP TAP on my shoulder. Arrgh,
you again?! I look, these big green eyes and loud purring! Dammit, she's
too cute!

I do have to get up and feed her, then I want to go back to bed. Doesn't
take long before I get the "tap" treatment. again. Goofy girl.

Jill

Old November 18th 05, 01:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
Since I got back from my short trip Persia has been so ultra-clingy I don't
know what to do.

Smokey was like that the ENTIRE SIX WEEKS that DP was in Woodstock.

"Where's Dad? Are you divorced? Is he dead? Is he coming back?
When? Tomorrow? Ever? You'll still feed me right? Where is dad? I
still live here, right? I still get to sleep on the couch, right? Can
I have ham? Can I be a table boy? Can I still sleep in the bed? Does
Dad still love me? Do you?"

ETc. etc. etc.

Persia should settle down when she realizes you're back and her routine
is re established.

--Fil

Old November 18th 05, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 01:39:09 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

[...]

But sweet. Hey, she could be destroying property, like my little
Mimi used to.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 19th 05, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

[...]

Persia is just a sweetheart. She missed you, and is making up for lost
time,

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha