Ping Helen S. [OT] Teeth Problems

Old December 1st 05, 10:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ping Helen S. [OT] Teeth Problems

Lots of purrs for your abscess to heal really soon,
Polonca and Soncek

wafflycat wrote:

I still have abscess. It has burst... into my mouth.. I'm on more
antibiotics.
Apparently the fact it is draining into my mouth is a good thing.

snip

Old December 1st 05, 10:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lots of purrs and besst wishes that the drill bit does not cause you
any problem,
Polonca and Soncek

CatNipped wrote:
I got curious and googled about drill bits being left in teeth during root
canals and got this...

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...&start=0&num=3

or

http://tinyurl.com/crtmr

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 5th 05, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:52:20 -0600, "CatNipped"
wrote:

Helen, how did you make out at the dentist's Monday? Are you feeling
better, has the abscess gone?

I went to the oral surgeon last night (my regular dentist didn't want to do
the root canal because I had weird, branching, curving roots on that tooth.
I ended up getting *TWO* root canals (the adjacent tooth had some
"resorbtion" and needs periodontal work and the periodontist won't do any
work like this without a root canal being done first).

One root canal went fine, but on the tooth with the weird roots, the surgeon
broke off the drill bit inside the root of my tooth. He couldn't get the
broken drill bit back out again, so he just filled the tooth around it and
told me to come back if it abscesses!!!!!!!! He didn't even give me any
pain meds, just told me to take Advil every 6 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And my
portion of the bill was $635.00 (I think he actually charged me for the
broken drill bit)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have to go to a periodontist and have the resorbtion problem taken
care of, and then I need to get crowns on three teeth (I'd never gotten a
crown on the tooth that had a root canal 3 years ago - the "temporary"
filling is still there!). I don't know where I'm going to get the thousands
of dollars to do all this work, so I'm hoping the temporary fillings he put
in hold out for another couple of years instead of the 3 - 4 weeks he said
they would like the other one did!).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Having the drill bit sealed inside the tooth sounds like it would
guarantee an infection. If you start seeing any signs of infection,
deal with it as soon as possible.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old December 12th 05, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-11-30, CatNipped penned:

[...]

Just saw this ... dental stuff sucks!

IIRC a root canal by a surgeon is usually about $850 before insurance
steps in. So unfortunately, for two, $635 seems about right =/

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

That's british pounds though isn't it? Which is roughly twice our dollar I
believe.

Grace

Old December 12th 05, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-12-12, Gracecat penned:

On 2005-11-30, CatNipped penned:

[...]

I'm in the US. I could be misremembering the cost of my root canal
this year, though.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old December 12th 05, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-12-12, Gracecat penned:

On 2005-11-30, CatNipped penned:

[...]

My insurance pays 80%, so you can figure from there - the $635 was my
portion of the bill. However, they charged me extra for the nitrous oxide
(I don't know how much that was specifically, though).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 13th 05, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-12-12, Gracecat penned:

On 2005-11-30, CatNipped penned:

[...]

No you're not misremembering. But if the price is comparible then Helen was
charged twice as much as we normally are.

Old December 13th 05, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-12-13, Gracecat penned:

On 2005-12-12, Gracecat penned:

On 2005-11-30, CatNipped penned:

One root canal went fine, but on the tooth with the weird roots,
the surgeon broke off the drill bit inside the root of my tooth.
He couldn't get the broken drill bit back out again, so he just
filled the tooth around it and told me to come back if it
abscesses!!!!!!!! He didn't even give me any pain meds, just
told me to take Advil every 6 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And my
portion of the bill was $635.00 (I think he actually charged me
for the broken drill bit)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[snip]

Just saw this ... dental stuff sucks!

IIRC a root canal by a surgeon is usually about $850 before
insurance steps in. So unfortunately, for two, $635 seems about
right =/

-- monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

That's british pounds though isn't it? Which is roughly twice our
dollar I believe.

Grace

I'm in the US. I could be misremembering the cost of my root canal
this year, though.

-- monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

No you're not misremembering. But if the price is comparible then
Helen was charged twice as much as we normally are.

Okay, now I'm really confused. The above quote ("weird roots" etc) was
from CN (Lori), not Helen, right?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old December 13th 05, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-12-13, Gracecat penned:

On 2005-12-12, Gracecat penned:

On 2005-11-30, CatNipped penned:

[...]

Natural mistake - both Helen and I were suffering with tooth problems, but I
was the one who had the two root canals.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old December 13th 05, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
Okay, now I'm really confused. The above quote ("weird roots" etc) was
from CN (Lori), not Helen, right?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Gah, you're right. I'm sorry for the confusion

It's been an off day for me.