Vet Tech Journals: Relenquishing to Fate

Old December 10th 05, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Vet Tech Journals: Relenquishing to Fate

Well it is the end of the semester....

In case some of you don't remember i rescued a cat at the beginning of
the summer. She's gray and white and a DMH and very sweet. She's also
a little varmint, crying at all hours of the morning. Also she loves
to taunt Mischief and Imp. So since she loves to cause it, i named her
Mayhem. She loves to chase her tail and shoelaces. And loves to talk
and mrrp at you in the morning. If you don't pay attention she will
nip your hand or foot to get your attention.

But I CAN'T have 3 cats, my allergies really wouldn't be able to take
it, and because she was tormenting Mischief and Imp, with a heavy heart
i decided to find a home for her.

So I donated her to the Pierce RVT program. SHe's spent the entire
semester at school, and every week helped the students learn how to
work with a cat. She has been VERY good and VERY patient. And as with
all program animals we hoped to find a home for her by the end of the
semester.....which is almost here.

Every time i went in to visit her, she would mrppp at me and start
purring and drooling and giving me that sweet look that captured me at
the beginning. Week by week went by and everyone said how sweet she
was, but that they couldn't adopt her. No one outside of school showed
any interest either.

And this cat has been PATIENT!!! She has been poked, prodded, and
palpated almost every week. She has had things stuck in her ears, neck
and up her rear. She has been scruffed, restrained and had every inch
of her body examined, even X-rayed and has NOT complained or growled
ONCE. People would say, "She's so sweet!" and i would warn them "Yes,
but i named her Mayhem for a reason." Cause you see i know that once
she comes out of her shell, she can be a little hoolikitten. But i was
dismayed that no one wanted to commit to adopting her and give her the
loving home she needed.

THen on monday, i found out that the other program cat had been
adopted, so now poor Mayhem was ALL alone in the cat room, only to be
visited at least twice a day like she had for the whole semester.

I couldn't bear it any longer. So i talked to the head of the program
and asked if i could have her back.................this time for good.

I'm such a SUCKER!!! She is sooo sweet but i should NOT have 3 cats.
The finances, the vet bills, all that FUR!!! What am I gonna do?????

*sigh* So i am relenquishing to what fate originally wanted, which was
to be Mayhem's slave. I will be taking her home on Thursday after my
Radiology final since we will need to use her for that. Then she will
be coming home to stay.

I plan to vaccuum at least twice a week adn change my sheet every week.
If it gets bad i will have to shave her again to cut down on the fur
and dander. ANd in terms of Mischief, she and Mayhem will just have to
duke it out to settle their differences.

*sigh* I am a sucker.................but Mayhem will finally have a
home.

Kristi

Old December 10th 05, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-12-09 19:54:51 -0600, "Mischief" said:

[...]

Do you have dust mite covers for your bed and pillows? You know, that
can really help. If you don't, people could go in for a present for
you. It does sound rather like fate. Such a good kitty. Maybe now you
can do a longer intro and she will get along with the other cats
better. That does happen.

Old December 10th 05, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Mischief" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Bless you, Kristi - I'm sure that God(dess) will help you find a way to work
it all out.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 10th 05, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

aw, Kristi. What a kind soul you are. Blessings quadruple fold will come to
you this holiday season and the rest of the years to come. I'm sure Mayhem
will give you much happiness.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
ups.com...

Old December 10th 05, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 9 Dec 2005 17:54:51 -0800, "Mischief"
yodeled:

[...]

You are a hero. Mayhem's hero. Bless your mushy heart.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 10th 05, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Mischief" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Bless you for your soft heart! Mayhem knew all along that you belonged to
her.

Joy

Old December 10th 05, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mischief wrote:

And this cat has been PATIENT!!! She has been poked, prodded, and
palpated almost every week. She has had things stuck in her ears, neck
and up her rear. She has been scruffed, restrained and had every inch
of her body examined, even X-rayed and has NOT complained or growled
ONCE.

That's AMAZING. Essentially, she's spent the semester at TED's! What
sweet-tempered kitty! She definitely needs a good home.

I couldn't bear it any longer. So i talked to the head of the program
and asked if i could have her back.................this time for good.
I'm such a SUCKER!!! She is sooo sweet but i should NOT have 3 cats.
The finances, the vet bills, all that FUR!!! What am I gonna do?????

I understand this. I also adopted a third cat, which I sometimes think
was a mistake (even though I adore him). It is a lot of fur and extra
expense. Not to add to your anxieties, I'm just sympathizing.

Do you think she would submit to weekly baths? She sounds like she
just might, given all that she's already been willing to put up with.
I've heard for years that cats who are bathed regularly don't aggravate
allergies nearly as much. So it might be worth it. Even just wiping
her down with a wet towel (in fact, I seem to remember that there's a
product for just this purpose) would keep the dander down.

But yeah, you'll have to do a lot more dusting and vacuuming. I wonder
if an ionizer would help.

Still, I think you have a great heart! I would also find it unbearably
sad to see such a nice cat languishing alone in the cat room. So congrats
on your new addition!

Mischief and Mayhem and Imp - sounds like you'll have a lively household!

Joyce
Old December 10th 05, 07:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Mischief" wrote

*sigh* I am a sucker.................but Mayhem will finally have a
home.

Concatulations. You're obviously meant for each other. I wish you much joy
together.

And remember that even the most holli of kittens does grow up eventually. (I
certainly hope so)

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old December 10th 05, 08:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Mischief" wrote in message
ups.com...

*sigh* I am a sucker.................but Mayhem will finally have a
home.

Kristi

You have a kind heart. Best of luck.

Cheers, helen s

Old December 10th 05, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mischief wrote:
[...]

DH & I are also *huge* suckers.... That's why we now have *12* cats!!!!!
A;though, since Miss Priss is a bit hostile, we may have found a new home
for her, with an older woman who is selling her house & moving to a condo
next year. She will be an only cat there, and get the Princess treatment
she deserves.