Tarot cards

Old December 13th 05, 07:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Tarot cards

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
We went to a party at a friend's house Saturday night. She had hired a
psychic to do Tarot card readings for the guests. I signed up and went
in to see him. He asked me two questions first: my date of birth and the
topic I wanted to talk about. I have him my b-day and said "work". He
asked me to separate the cards in 7 stacks using one of my hands, then
put them back into one stack using the other hand. He then put the cards
out and told me I:
- was going to be changing jobs in the first quarter of 2006 (I hope so)
- was probably going to move out of Austin (very unlikely)
- was going to work for a woman with black hair and blue eyes (that
would be fine)
He said the move out of Austin wasn't necessary and I could even go
independent (not likely in my line of work).
I'm not a big believer in that stuff, but it got me curious. All I
want is a job that makes me want to get out of bed in the morning...

--
Victor M. Martinez

I don't believe in horoscopes and all that stuff either, but sometimes it
does make you wonder. I read the comics, and the horoscopes are on the
comics page, so I read mine every day. Usually it is so far off the mark, I
just laugh. However, there were a couple days last month ...

My 70th birthday was on a Saturday. I had planned to celebrate it by going
skydiving (my first time ever). On Thursday evening, at my Toastmasters
club, I gave a speech called "Leap of Faith". In the speech, I talked about
some of the leaps of faith I had made in the past, and finished by talking
about the one I was going to do on Saturday.

Friday morning it was very windy, and the prediction was for the wind to
continue for a day or two. I knew the jump would be cancelled if it was too
windy. My horoscope of Friday read: "You might want to take a leap of
faith right now, but obstacles seem to stop you right before you jump."

That creeped me out a little bit. Saturday, the wind was calm. My
horoscope read: "Pack up and take off for a drive. The further away you
get from your daily life, the happier you will be." The airport where I
jumped was about 100 miles from my house.

The jump went great, and I loved it. The next day my horoscopes were back
to making no sense for me, but those two days really made me wonder.

Joy

Christmas cards badwilson Cat anecdotes 4 December 8th 05 02:22 AM
Christmas cards ann791 Cat anecdotes 11 December 6th 05 10:13 PM
Cards away! Marina Cat anecdotes 13 January 1st 05 03:56 AM
Cards are still coming! Sherry Cat anecdotes 8 December 26th 04 03:16 AM
More Cards Away! Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 0 December 4th 04 12:01 AM