Odd eating habits

Old January 12th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Hazel Baker

Default Odd eating habits

Hi... I opened the closet door under the sink in the laundry room this
morning and discovered a bar of soap which had teeth marks on both
sides. It had to be Thomas as the bottles and boxes were all knocked
over! He isn't showing any ill effects from his munching, but my
imagination is picturing a tummy full of suds! Is he the exception, or
do all cats try to eat odd things? He won't touch any people food, but
he tries to eat tinsel and soap...Thomas' Baffled Mom(Hazel B.)

Old January 12th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Hazel Baker wrote:

Hi... I opened the closet door under the sink in the laundry room this
morning and discovered a bar of soap which had teeth marks on both
sides. It had to be Thomas as the bottles and boxes were all knocked
over! He isn't showing any ill effects from his munching, but my
imagination is picturing a tummy full of suds! Is he the exception, or
do all cats try to eat odd things? He won't touch any people food, but
he tries to eat tinsel and soap...Thomas' Baffled Mom(Hazel B.)

My Cocoa likes to lick bars of soap for some reason, so we have to keep
it in a soap dish for her protection! We recently had a wall retiled,
and while the old tiles were off and the plaster was exposed we caught
Merlin licking it eagerly as if it was the best thing he'd ever tasted.
We had to cover it in the end as he kept going back for more!!

Deb.

--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old January 12th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Hazel Baker kirjoitti:
Hi... I opened the closet door under the sink in the laundry room this
morning and discovered a bar of soap which had teeth marks on both
sides. It had to be Thomas as the bottles and boxes were all knocked
over! He isn't showing any ill effects from his munching, but my
imagination is picturing a tummy full of suds! Is he the exception, or
do all cats try to eat odd things? He won't touch any people food, but
he tries to eat tinsel and soap...Thomas' Baffled Mom(Hazel B.)

My both try various weird stuff now and then. I don't use soap bars, but
they chew on cardboard boxes, plastic bags, shoe laces... etc.

This is a text-only newsgroup. Please don't post your messages in HTML.
(I think I was able to reply in text-only...)

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old January 12th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ollie via CatKB.com

Tigger is very attracted to plastic bags. Normally she is a very well
behaved cat and a slightly stern voice will cause her to stop whatever she is
doing that is objectionable. But with plastic bags she just looks right at
me and continues to chew even while being sprayed with water. I have to
unpack the groceries in the garage or she will eat enough to make her sick
while I'm out getting the second load. All trash cans with bags in them must
be concealed. Magazines that come in plastic must be immediately opened and
the plastic thrown away. It's very strange.

Old January 13th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Tigger is very attracted to plastic bags.

Muriel occasionally just *has* to lick plastic bags. Sometimes it
means she's thirsty, other times it seems to mean she needs more
variety in her diet. And sometimes it just means we have a dead
tasty bag. Plain white LDPE is the best.

Zeke used to lick the emulsion off photographs. We had to hide
them from him.

And this evening I had to pull Splodge's face out of our salad.

Old January 13th 07, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Jack Campin wrote

And this evening I had to pull Splodge's face out of our salad.

I had to share my cauliflower with Abelard yesterday. He grabbed the first
piece off my plate, the rest I gave when he begged for more. I felt so bad
that I had only cooked one portion, that I bought a whole cauliflower today.

I had some raspberry-flavored soy yogurt today, and guess who had to have
some of that as well....

Sometimes I'm convinced that cat is intent on morphing into a human.

Old January 13th 07, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Am 12.01.2007 schrieb Ollie via CatKB.com:

Tigger is very attracted to plastic bags.

It's the same with Tientje here. He is addicted to plastic. As soon,
as he notices it, he comes running and starts licking. His face shows
an expression of pure ecstasy:-) We let him lick a while, then we have
to put the plastic in a closet.

Purrs
Inge and the catgang
--