Hunter's Purr

Old April 5th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Hunter's Purr

Turn your computer speakers up a bit and you can hear his rumbling purr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcLuIGwX0zg

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 5th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

He has a loud purr.

While I was there I had to look at the boys again.

--
Ann
in Connecticut

Old April 5th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"CatNipped" wrote:
Turn your computer speakers up a bit and you can hear his rumbling purr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcLuIGwX0zg

He's a house cat all right. SO happy to have his own family!
Old April 5th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Ann" wrote in message
He has a loud purr.

He sounds like a Harley Davidson idling! ;

While I was there I had to look at the boys again.

Except for the jowly face (from having had his testes longer) he could be
Ozzy twin.

The doctor said he was about 1 year old - about the same age as Da Boyz.
He's 10 pounds 11 ounces - the exact same weight as Ozzy (though I think
he'll end up being bigger since he still has some filling out to do - he's
already a far cry from the skin and bones he was a couple of weeks ago).
The way he's sucking down food, he'll be up to his desired weight in no time
at all.

We gave him a good brushing and his coat is looking a lot better now. It
feels like he has a couple of ticks around his neck and possibly ear mites,
but the Revolution we applied 2 days ago should take care of that if that's
what they are. The doctor gave him Dronton for tape worms and said the
Revolution should take care of everything else.

Right now he's sucking up the pettin's with a spoon! He's looks like he
thinks he's died and gone to kitty heaven. He's rubbing his scent on every
surface in that room making sure he claims it all for himself before anybody
comes to take it away from him. I've never in my life seen a cat look so
grateful for the simple necessities of life - they normally look like the
most extreme pampering is only what they deserve, but he is doing everything
in his power to show us how much he likes it here.

One thing that's odd, and a bit sad, is that he doesn't know how to play. I
bought him a feather stick, but he just looks at it and then looks at me as
if to say, "Why are you shaking that thing at me." I guess a hard life,
living on nothing but the occasional lizard for food, doesn't leave much
time for playing - we'll have to show him all that he's missed.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 5th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote:
Turn your computer speakers up a bit and you can hear his rumbling purr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcLuIGwX0zg

He's a house cat all right. SO happy to have his own family!

Yeah, it's sad how grateful he is for just the necessities of life. But he
has no idea how lucky he was to have found us - he'll be loved and pampered
for the rest of his life.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 5th 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"CatNipped" wrote:

Turn your computer speakers up a bit and you can hear his rumbling purr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcLuIGwX0zg

Wait - I thought his name was Garvin. Did I miss something??

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 5th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote:

Turn your computer speakers up a bit and you can hear his rumbling purr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcLuIGwX0zg

Wait - I thought his name was Garvin. Did I miss something??

I decided I didn't like the name "Garvin" - too undignified, so when we knew
for sure he was going to be one of our clowder we changed his name to
"Hunter" (I think it goes better with his bro-fur's name, "Archer").

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 5th 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Right now he's sucking up the pettin's with a spoon! He's looks like he
thinks he's died and gone to kitty heaven. He's rubbing his scent on
every surface in that room making sure he claims it all for himself before
anybody comes to take it away from him. I've never in my life seen a cat
look so grateful for the simple necessities of life - they normally look
like the most extreme pampering is only what they deserve, but he is doing
everything in his power to show us how much he likes it here.

One thing that's odd, and a bit sad, is that he doesn't know how to play.
I bought him a feather stick, but he just looks at it and then looks at me
as if to say, "Why are you shaking that thing at me." I guess a hard
life, living on nothing but the occasional lizard for food, doesn't leave
much time for playing - we'll have to show him all that he's missed.

We've been through this with Miss Calico Girl and Merlin. Life was too
serious for Miss Calico Girl and it is only recently (in the past two
months) that she discovered play. She still won't play with the other cats,
but she will play with various toys now, mostly mousies ana feather ona
stick. But she doesn't do nip and I don't know if it is because she is one
of those few cats who won't respond to nip or if she thinks nip is too
frivolous for her. Merlin had never had toys before he came to our house
and couldn't believe that our cats could play with toys and not get into
trouble. After he learned that toys were fun, he decided that he who plays
with the most toys wins.

Purrs for Hunter (I rather liked Garvin for a name, though) to adjust and
become a valued member of your clowder in record time.

Pam S.

Old April 6th 08, 12:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"CatNipped" skrev i meddelandet
"Ann" wrote in message
[...]

Oh yes, that is one really happy cat.
May you have a long and happy life together.
Elisabet

Old April 6th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"CatNipped" wrote:

Right now he's sucking up the pettin's with a spoon! He's looks like he
thinks he's died and gone to kitty heaven. He's rubbing his scent on
every surface in that room making sure he claims it all for himself before
anybody comes to take it away from him. I've never in my life seen a cat
look so grateful for the simple necessities of life - they normally look
like the most extreme pampering is only what they deserve, but he is doing
everything in his power to show us how much he likes it here.

He sounds like the Smokey of your household (ie, Enfilade's Smokey). What
a sweet kitty - I think you picked a winner. That is, you *were picked by*
a winner.

One thing that's odd, and a bit sad, is that he doesn't know how to play.
I bought him a feather stick, but he just looks at it and then looks at me
as if to say, "Why are you shaking that thing at me." I guess a hard
life, living on nothing but the occasional lizard for food, doesn't leave
much time for playing - we'll have to show him all that he's missed.

He might not quite have enough sense of security among your other cats
to relax into play. Smudge no longer plays in the house because she's
intimidated by Licky. When I'm outside with her, she's more likely to
get playful if I move a stick along the ground. Although even with that,
she's a lot less playful than when she was mostly indoors. I figure that
because she gets to go out and hunt, she doesn't need play. Cat play is
all about hunting after all! Maybe that's part of why Hunter doesn't
play? LOL, maybe you should call him Player. (Just kidding.)