[OT] Pre-pregnant? I think I'm gonna pre-puke

Old May 31st 06, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Pre-pregnant? I think I'm gonna pre-puke

"Tanada" wrote in message
nk.net...

On 2006-05-29, W. Leong penned:

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
. ..

Wow. If someone told me I'm too picky (or really said anything
besides maybe "good for you!") on hearing about whatever my current
marital/dating status is, I hope I would show them the door PDQ.

An old lady asked me that just last week when we were eating lunch.
There were other old ladies at the table. Guess in their generation,
married women with kids was the norm for my age group. Just hope
they don't try to do any match making Good thing the computer class
I am volunteering in will be over soon. These women are in my
class.

I guess in their generation, nosiness wasn't considered rude =P

Unfortunately, some people, think that if they are over a number of years
older than the recipient of the questioning, they have the right to ask
anything they want and get away with it. I've never been good at
answering them as I tend to be totally flummoxed by their gall.

Pam S. still chuckling over some of the responses to the "what do you see
in him/her question."

My favorite was a family therapist twenty years ago who after several months
said he could not figure out why or how we were still married.

Jo

Old May 31st 06, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Benefits for Low Income (WAS: [OT] Pre-pregnant? I think I'm gonna pre-puke)

wrote in message

I'm also a strawberry snob, and a peach snob too. Supermarket
strawberries are gross. They're usually extra-large, but white or
hollow in the middle, and have *no* flavor. I"d honestly rather buy the
frozen ones. Same for peaches. We have our own strawberry patch and
peach trees, but in the off-season, it's gotten where I don't even buy
them. The peaches trucked in from California are *beautiful*. But they
have no taste. I bet they're wonderful when they're allowed to ripen on
the tree though.

We get great local strawberries just about now, I have a cherry tree that is
currently dead ripe and feeding the entire neighborhood of adults, kids and
birds. Plum tree will be ripe in two weeks. Not many plum. No bees this
year, But they should be really nice and large.

Then there are peaches. Peaches are starting to ripen in a week or two, and
will continue till the end of August depending on the variety.

Charlie knows each and every peach source and will go out once or twice a
week and bring be two or three dead ripe peaches. Usually the white ones
that are pure heaven.. He almost never eats a peach. They are all for me.

Guess this is why I keep him around. Besides the cats like him.

Jo

Old May 31st 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jo Firey wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

That is so sweet of Charlie. And fresh, ripe peaches for four months??
Can I move there?? Except I'd have to live in a box in the peach
orchard, from the previous discussion about property values... Our
season seems to last about 3 weeks. By the first of August, you can't
find local peaches anymore.
DH & I love a bargain and sometimes get stung for it. We went to a tree
auction and bought several fruit trees for $1 each. But they weren't
tagged, so we didn't know what kind they were. Turns out they were
Asian pear (love that one), apricot, and cherry. The cherry tree is the
SOUREST cherries I ever saw. I mean, they will pucker your mouth they
are so sour. Shame, too, cause the tree is doing well and just loaded
with fruit.

Sherry

Old May 31st 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
.net...

wrote in message

[...]

I love all these summer fruits. Bought some peaches and they are quite good.
Can't wait for the local peaches and strawberries to come into the market.
I can eat a whole basket full of peaches within a reasonable time period.
Love going to the local market where farmers sell their produce in stalls.
The ones in the stores now are probably from California.

Winnie

Old May 31st 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT: Americans & Canadians health

It was all over the news this morning. The headline reads:

Study says Canadians healthier than Americans.

" Canada's national health insurance program is at least part of the
reason for the differences found in the study"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...andHealth/home

or

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...0?hub=CanadaAM

Winnie

Old May 31st 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Americans & Canadians health

"W. Leong" wrote in message
.. .
It was all over the news this morning. The headline reads:

Study says Canadians healthier than Americans.

" Canada's national health insurance program is at least part of the
reason for the differences found in the study"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...andHealth/home

or

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...0?hub=CanadaAM

Winnie

From the article:

=======================

"ATLANTA - You can add Canada to the list of nations that are healthier than
the United States of America.

Americans are 42 per cent more likely than Canadians to have diabetes, 32
per cent more likely to have high blood pressure, and 12 per cent more
likely to have arthritis, Harvard Medical School researchers found. That is
according to a survey in which American and Canadian adults were asked over
the telephone about their health."

=======================

I think this has more to do with America being the "fattest nation on earth"
more than our healthcare.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 31st 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:29:39 -0400, "W. Leong"
yodeled:

It was all over the news this morning. The headline reads:

Study says Canadians healthier than Americans.

" Canada's national health insurance program is at least part of the
reason for the differences found in the study"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...andHealth/home

or

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...0?hub=CanadaAM

Winnie

There was a study that came out a couple of weeks ago that also said
that middle-aged British men are healthier than middle-aged American
men. All the conservative think-tanks and commentators immediately
piped up with a dozen reasons why it didn't have anything to do with
their health care system.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old May 31st 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

W. Leong wrote:
"Jo Firey" wrote in message
.net...

wrote in message

[...]

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.... the Farmers Market.... fresh corn on the cob - fresh
watermelon - fresh *everything*!!!!!

Cat Puke Rachel Cat health & behaviour 2 March 8th 06 05:34 AM
[OT] Why we love children - humor CatNipped Cat anecdotes 9 November 28th 05 03:27 AM
is cat really pregnant? Calvin Rice Cat health & behaviour 20 August 8th 05 01:17 PM
[OT] Yowlet Update 30th March 5am Yowie Cat anecdotes 15 April 4th 04 02:39 AM
When is it ok to fix a pregnant Queen? Mike Romain Cat health & behaviour 14 October 10th 03 05:10 AM