The Welcome Committee

Old August 27th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Caroline S.

Default The Welcome Committee

Well, we moved into our new house in Hillsboro just 2 weeks ago.
Yesterday we had the pest control guy out to do a general look-over
and treatment (boy howdy are there a lot of spiders here!) and to try
to get the squirrel out of our attic crawl space. I looked outside
while the pest guy was sweeping out the roof overhang, and there was a
young white kitten, scrawny and dirty, roaming around in our side
yard. Long story short, I caught him easily, saw he is an intact he,
fed him a can of Fancy Feast (inhaled in 3 seconds flat) and caged
him. Called the neighbor, she had no idea who he was, and gave me the
name and location of the nearest animal shelter. Not wanting to get
too attached, and seeing how neglected he was, we took him straight
away. Lots of back and forth discussion at dinner. Heart says yes, we
should adopt, he found us, etc. Brain says no.

Well, today, the heart won. We've filled out the papers and "claimed"
him at the shelter. He's still technically "on hold" at the shelter,
he'll be neutered tomorrow, get his tests, and vaccs, but we can bring
him home tomorrow evening. He's probably 4-6 months old, with Turkish
van coloring (white with tan tail and ears), blue eyes, loud meow.
We've tentatively named him Louis/Louie after DD1's best friend back
in Virginia.

We'll keep you posted. Pippin and Mithu have handled newcomers before,
but it's been a few years.

Cheers
Caroline S.
Old August 28th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Wow, keep us updated on how Louie does.
Hope the older boys don't give him a hard time.
Glad y'all are doing great.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old August 28th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Caroline S." wrote in message
[...]

Concatulations on the new addition. Purrs everyone adjusts well.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 28th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Caroline S. wrote:

We'll keep you posted. Pippin and Mithu have handled newcomers before,
but it's been a few years.

Aww, what a welcome to your new home! Purrs for Pippin and Mithu to
accept the newcomer soonest.

Old August 28th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Caroline S. wrote:

Well, today, the heart won. We've filled out the papers and "claimed"
him at the shelter. He's still technically "on hold" at the shelter,
he'll be neutered tomorrow, get his tests, and vaccs, but we can bring
him home tomorrow evening. He's probably 4-6 months old, with Turkish
van coloring (white with tan tail and ears), blue eyes, loud meow.
We've tentatively named him Louis/Louie after DD1's best friend back
in Virginia.

We'll keep you posted. Pippin and Mithu have handled newcomers before,
but it's been a few years.

Purrs for them to accept him easily. Because you have just moved in,
your cats don't quite own the new territory as much as they would have
in your old house, so all 3 of them are more on equal ground in this
situation. I hope that'll help.

Good luck to all of you. It's wonderful that you took him in!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 28th 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Caroline S. wrote:
[...]

I thought you'd have a good heart. Awaiting pics, please.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 28th 08, 07:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Caroline S. wrote:
[...]

Amazing how the heart wins in those sorts of things ;-)

The symbolism of a homeless just waiting for you to show up at your new
place suggests to me that not only will this be a 'new start' that it will
be a successful one as well.

Concatulations on the new addition, and hope you all settle down in your new
digs.

Yowie

Old August 28th 08, 12:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Caroline S. wrote:
snip
Well, today, the heart won. We've filled out the papers and "claimed"
him at the shelter. He's still technically "on hold" at the shelter,
he'll be neutered tomorrow, get his tests, and vaccs, but we can bring
him home tomorrow evening. He's probably 4-6 months old, with Turkish
van coloring (white with tan tail and ears), blue eyes, loud meow.
We've tentatively named him Louis/Louie after DD1's best friend back
in Virginia.

We'll keep you posted. Pippin and Mithu have handled newcomers before,
but it's been a few years.

Cheers
Caroline S.

Congratulations on your new owner.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 28th 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 28 Aug., 00:34, "Caroline S." wrote:
[...]

I am so happy that your heart made the decision in the end.
Lots of luck in your new home for all that are living there.

love
Bettina

The Cat Committee Kreisleriana[_2_] Cat anecdotes 14 September 1st 07 10:14 PM
The Entertainment Committee O J Cat anecdotes 1 February 26th 05 05:20 PM
OT for the Joke Committee Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 January 27th 05 04:35 PM
Joke Committee Bev Cat anecdotes 3 March 30th 04 05:19 AM
Humor committee Jeanette Cat anecdotes 3 March 28th 04 03:04 PM