Pet Stories

Old December 6th 04, 04:00 PM
Jeanne Hedge

Default Pet Stories

This morning's episode of "Pet Stories" on Animal Planet was about
truckers who "take their four-legged friends on the road with them".
There were all sorts of drivers profiled (solo and with partners (and
with partners who are spouses)), with all sorts of cab arrangements,
with all sizes of four-legged friends riding along to, as was said,
"make the trucking life a little easier".

Unfortunately, all of the friends in these profiles were d*gs!

I think Harri should demand equal time!!!!!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old December 6th 04, 10:01 PM
Dan M

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
This morning's episode of "Pet Stories" on Animal Planet was about
truckers who "take their four-legged friends on the road with them".
There were all sorts of drivers profiled (solo and with partners (and
with partners who are spouses)), with all sorts of cab arrangements,
with all sizes of four-legged friends riding along to, as was said,
"make the trucking life a little easier".

Unfortunately, all of the friends in these profiles were d*gs!

I think Harri should demand equal time!!!!!

Harri agrees!

One of the things I miss being in the truck is TV. I do have a little 5"
black and white, and do watch whatever local broadcast stations I can
get on my tiny antenna. But I do miss cable, and things like Animal
Planet and Discovery Channel and History Channel and SciFi.
Old December 7th 04, 11:07 PM
Sheenah

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
This morning's episode of "Pet Stories" on Animal Planet was about
truckers who "take their four-legged friends on the road with them".
There were all sorts of drivers profiled (solo and with partners

(and
with partners who are spouses)), with all sorts of cab arrangements,
with all sizes of four-legged friends riding along to, as was said,
"make the trucking life a little easier".

Unfortunately, all of the friends in these profiles were d*gs!

Jeanne,

Just in case any d*g thing's read your post and now thinks it's just
his kind that gets to go truckin'

http://www.asphaltadventures.com

Sheenah

Old December 7th 04, 11:14 PM
Sheenah

"Sheenah" wrote in message

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message

snip

Ooops, I missed your ref to Harri.

Old December 8th 04, 12:24 AM
Jeanne Hedge

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 23:07:28 -0000, "Sheenah"
wrote:

Jeanne,

Just in case any d*g thing's read your post and now thinks it's just
his kind that gets to go truckin'

http://www.asphaltadventures.com

Sheenah

Aw, those pictures of Zoey were so cute!

Old December 8th 04, 10:43 AM

Sheenah wrote:

Just in case any d*g thing's read your post and now thinks it's just
his kind that gets to go truckin'
http://www.asphaltadventures.com

I got "the page cannot be displayed". Sure this is the right address?

Joyce
Old December 8th 04, 11:53 AM
Sheenah

wrote in message
Sheenah wrote:

Just in case any d*g thing's read your post and now thinks it's

just
his kind that gets to go truckin'
http://www.asphaltadventures.com

I got "the page cannot be displayed". Sure this is the right

address?

Joyce

Hi Joyce,

I've just tried the link. It's now working. I do not know why links
don't always work.

Sheenah

Old December 8th 04, 02:37 PM
Seanette Blaylock

"Sheenah" had some very interesting things to
say about Pet Stories:

Just in case any d*g thing's read your post and now thinks it's

just
his kind that gets to go truckin'
http://www.asphaltadventures.com

I got "the page cannot be displayed". Sure this is the right address?

I've just tried the link. It's now working. I do not know why links
don't always work.

Netscape complains that it can't reach that host [and this is a
consistent problem, with other Web connectivity working fine].

Old December 8th 04, 04:33 PM
Sheenah

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
"Sheenah" had some very interesting things to

Netscape complains that it can't reach that host [and this is a
consistent problem, with other Web connectivity working fine].

Thanks Seanette :^)

Jeanne, if you are not able to access the site, here's part of it
(there's also photos):

"My name is Jimmy Frost. I've been a long-haul trucker for nearly 15
years, I live in Virginia Beach with my Wife Kimberely and we have 5
cats. Their names are Misty, Serenity, Zoey, Bari and Katcheenia.

"These are my constant feline companions, Zoey and Bari. I've had
Zoey, the Calico/Tortie for just about two years and we got Bari, the
grey and white, on Christmas day, 2003. Both cats came from a group
called Cat Rescue that operates in Hampton Roads. What makes these
cats so special is the fact that they were both rescued from municipal
animal shelters where their chance of finding a new home wasn't very
good. Did you know that animal shelters are the leading cause of death
for companion animals such as dogs and cats? It's a fact and the
reason is there aren't enough homes for all the dogs and cats that
need a good home.

But Zoey and Bari don't have anything to worry about except when their
next meal will be served and when we will get back home!

I like cats becasue in the cold weather, you don't have to walk them
and they're a lot quieter than dogs can be.

I've had both cats on the truck since they were kittens so they're
pretty experienced at traveling the country and each cat has been to
every one of the lower 48 United States! These cats get around!"

This is my current tractor, Crete truck #27326 This truck is my
office, it's my home and it's how I earn my living. The truck is a
2002 Freightliner Century Class S/T. The truck weighs about 33,500
pounds without any cargo in the trailer and loaded up, it can weigh-in
at 80,000 pounds! Inside of the truck, I have all of the gear I need
to make my life on the road as easy as possible. I have tools, maps,
an electric cooler in which to store food like sanwich meat and
soda-pop, I have all my clothes, books and I've also got highly
specialized items like a laptop computer with Wi-Fi High-Speed
Internet access and I've even got routing programs with Global
Positioning capabilities! I don't get lost much, but if I ever do take
a wrong turn, I've got the things I need to find my way! Along with
all of that, I've even got a Television/VCR, a Qualcomm Mobile Data
Terminal that keeps me in touch with my dispatcher and I even have not
one, but two bunks inside! I even have an XM radio to help me
company. So there's a lot more than meets the eye!"

Sheenah

Old December 8th 04, 04:39 PM
Sheenah

"Sheenah" wrote in message
.

Joyce, I hope you will read my previous post.

Sheenah