OT - So Sad

Old December 15th 11, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
J J Levin

Default OT - So Sad

"CatNipped" wrote in message
On 12/15/2011 12:39 PM, J J Levin wrote:
Edgar and Agatha send their purrs, along with mine.

We are now trying to get them to get used to their carrier by placing
their
food in it. See, the cats need to go to the vet on Saturday (rabies
shots,
etc.) and we know we're going to have to chase them around the house
that
morning. So sneaky me figured that if they go into the carrier to eat,
by
Sat they'll be used to it, unafraid to go in, and we can shut it while
they
are breakfasting in it.

Sneaky cats have other ideas. They are suspicious, and go into it very
hesitatingly. This morning they skipped breakfast in order not to go
into
the carrier, and later went in, nibbled for a minute and then left. And
this
when the food was their favorite, FF salmon and shrimp.

We'll see what happens by Saturday. Wish us luck.

Jay

wrote in message
I'm not going to go into it all - it's boring. But I could use some
purrs. I am just so incredibly sad that it feels like I just can't
contain this feeling any longer.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards,
at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

If all else fails, put the carriers in a small bathroom and set them up
"on end" - IOW make the doors the top of the carrier. Then get the cats
into the bathroom (you can sure them with a special treat, but mine just
follow me in all the time and I put the carriers in the shower stall or
the bathtub), then pick them up and "drop" them in. I would suggest doing
this one at a time to avoid panicking the other cat.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

They share one very large carrier (they do everything together). But this is
a very good idea. Thanks.

Jay

Old December 15th 11, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote in message
[...]

They sound like Archer and Ozzy - they're better when they're in a
carrier together than if either is alone.

Old December 15th 11, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
J J Levin

wrote in message
[...]

We brought them home in that carrier. They were in it from about 3 pm until
we showed up at 6:30 pm to pick them up. We gave them some water, and when
we got home at about 8 pm we let them out. Obviously they escaped from the
carrier like bats out of hell, but during the trip home they did not cry
much -- a whimper or a meow here and there. Generally they are very quiet
and well behaved cats.

The exception, of course, was when Edgar was sleeping in our bedroom 3
nights ago, and at 1 am decided he HAD to have one of his toys, a little
stuffed mouse he throws around and catches and pounces on. The mouse has a
bell on it. He brought it back to the bedroom.

I DO NOT appreciate being awakened at 1 AM by the tinkling sound of a
stuffed mouse being thrown around and pounced upon. After a few of those
tinkles the mouse was kicked out, and Edgar given the choice: leave with the
mouse or stay without it. He promptly went back to sleep.

Jay

Old December 15th 11, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

CatNipped wrote:
I'm not going to go into it all - it's boring. But I could use some
purrs. I am just so incredibly sad that it feels like I just can't
contain this feeling any longer.

Purrs on the way.
--
Adrian
Old December 16th 11, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote in message
[...]

LOL! A very wise choice - cat's are nobody's fools! I'm so glad they
become part of your family, there are way too many little lost ones
without good homes, it's especially hard to think about that at this
time of year when it's so very cold.

Old December 16th 11, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pat Chlebowski

You will be in my prayers.... Hope things get better.....

Old December 16th 11, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I'm not going to go into it all - it's boring. But I could use some
purrs. I am just so incredibly sad that it feels like I just can't
contain this feeling any longer.

Feeling better purrs coming up.
Tweed