(OT) Do Not Call Registry Violator

Old August 9th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default (OT) Do Not Call Registry Violator

(A minor rant) Early this year I had Mom's number added to the National Do
Not Call Registry. She was getting a ridiculous number of telemarketing
calls. And yes, I verified her phone number was added to the list. The
calls virtually disappeared.

Except for SunCom Wireless. Now, I understand companies you have done
business with in the past 18 months (or are actively doing business with)
can contact you about special offers, etc. And some organizations are
exempt. But a cell phone company isn't one of them. And she's never, ever,
done business with SunCom Wireless.

This afternoon I got the THIRD telemarketing call in as many weeks from
SunCom. Each time I have pointed out the number is on the Do Not Call
Registry and told them not to call again. Each time, it's been ignored. In
fact, the second time I got the call and said this, the man said, "But do
you have a cell phone?" You're missing the point, pal. Or rather,
intentionally ignoring it.

Third time is the charm. I filed a complaint about them on the Do Not Call
Registry web site. I don't know if it will do any good but dammit this just
****es me off!

Jill

Old August 9th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_4_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..

Third time is the charm. I filed a complaint about them on the Do Not
Call Registry web site. I don't know if it will do any good but dammit
this just ****es me off!

Jill

The FTC is very serious about these complaints. The company I work for is
the contractor for this program. Actually, I work very closely with the
complaint part of things. That's what's been paying nearly all of my
paychecks for the past year and kept me working around the clock from like
Mar - Jun this year. Literally, around the clock.. lol

Hope it works out. I know how annoying those calls are. I don't even
answer my phone anymore unless it's a phone number I recognize.

Old August 9th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Cheryl" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..

Third time is the charm. I filed a complaint about them on the Do
Not Call Registry web site. I don't know if it will do any good
but dammit this just ****es me off!

Jill

The FTC is very serious about these complaints. The company I work
for is the contractor for this program. Actually, I work very
closely with the complaint part of things. That's what's been
paying nearly all of my paychecks for the past year and kept me
working around the clock from like Mar - Jun this year. Literally,
around the clock.. lol

Hope it works out. I know how annoying those calls are. I don't
even answer my phone anymore unless it's a phone number I recognize.

I just wish I could teach Charlie the phrase "please do not call this
number again"

I think he'd rather bitch at me when the phone rings.

We have a problem with the 'business relationship' provision as it
seems you can establish a business relationship with half the world
anytime anyone gives anyone else your phone number.

I think 19 year old grandson is inadvertently the source of many of
our problems. Filling out questionnaires and such.

He answers the phone when he is here though, and I have taught him the
magic words.

Jill, it ****es me off too. I hope you can nail them to the wall. I
ended up having to have my mothers phone disconnected long before I
should have had to because she could not deal with the unsolicited
calls.

Jo

Old August 9th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Cheryl wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..

Third time is the charm. I filed a complaint about them on the Do
Not Call Registry web site. I don't know if it will do any good
but dammit this just ****es me off!

Jill

The FTC is very serious about these complaints. The company I work
for is the contractor for this program. Actually, I work very
closely with the complaint part of things. That's what's been
paying nearly all of my paychecks for the past year and kept me
working around the clock from like Mar - Jun this year. Literally,
around the clock.. lol

Good to know! And good for you the paycheck Not so much the round
the clock thing.

Hope it works out. I know how annoying those calls are. I don't even
answer my phone anymore unless it's a phone number I recognize.

Mom doesn't even have an answering machine, forget about caller ID! But you
shouldn't have to be afraid to answer your own phone, you know? Especially
when you're signed up not to be called by these bozos.

Jill

Old August 9th 08, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Just wait until this fall. Political calls are exempt! I used to get
calls from Tracfone but they stopped. Now I have a Tracfone (for
emergencies only).

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old August 9th 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Jofirey wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..

Third time is the charm. I filed a complaint about them on the Do
Not Call Registry web site. I don't know if it will do any good
but dammit this just ****es me off!

The FTC is very serious about these complaints. The company I work
for is the contractor for this program. Actually, I work very
closely with the complaint part of things. That's what's been
paying nearly all of my paychecks for the past year and kept me
working around the clock from like Mar - Jun this year. Literally,
around the clock.. lol

Hope it works out. I know how annoying those calls are. I don't
even answer my phone anymore unless it's a phone number I recognize.

I just wish I could teach Charlie the phrase "please do not call this
number again"

Alas, my father used to think it was "fun" to screw around with
telemarketers. Okay, before the Do Not Call thing I did it sometimes
myself. LOL I told one guy if he could pronounce my last name correctly
I'd be happy to listen to his sales pitch. 99% of the population can't, and
neither could he.

We have a problem with the 'business relationship' provision as it
seems you can establish a business relationship with half the world
anytime anyone gives anyone else your phone number.

Who (that you have a business relationship with) would be giving out your
phone number?!

I think 19 year old grandson is inadvertently the source of many of
our problems. Filling out questionnaires and such.

I had a problem years ago with a "houseguest" (we'll leave it at that!)
calling psychic hotlines. I had no idea, of course. You should have seen
my face when I got a $400 phone bill! Fortunately there was a provision in
Tennessee for a one-time write-off of 900-number charges, provided I put a
permanent block on those calls from my phone. Not a problem, trust me!

He answers the phone when he is here though, and I have taught him the
magic words.

Good! They really aren't hard to say

Jill, it ****es me off too. I hope you can nail them to the wall. I
ended up having to have my mothers phone disconnected long before I
should have had to because she could not deal with the unsolicited
calls.

Jo

Fortunately she's not getting them from anyone else. Well, except for some
political campaigns Dad used to contribute to. But they ask for him. And
they are unfailingly polite and apologetic and say they'll remove his name
when I tell them he died.

Oh, I forgot about the SC State Troopers. Apparently they made
contributions to them in years past and those people are unbelievably pushy!
They invariably start off with a sob story about a trooper killed in the
line of duty leaving a wife and two kids who need our help... they'll put us
down for $100, okay? Um, no, it's not okay. $50? How about $25? I've
given up trying to be polite.

Jill

Old August 9th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

---MIKE--- wrote:
Just wait until this fall. Political calls are exempt! I used to get
calls from Tracfone but they stopped. Now I have a Tracfone (for
emergencies only).

Here we go again. Last May, for the Indiana primaries, I got a call
AFTER I had voted....I got a call from the Billary (spelled that way on
purpose) campaign.... trying to get me to vote for them. I said I
might, but it would be illegal as I had already voted.... They asked
who I voted for, and I said it was none of their business - but it
wasn't who you called me about.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old August 9th 08, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

hopitus wrote:
On Aug 9, 3:05 pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

Pardon me, dear....but you ain't seen nothin' yet! You have not been
there long
enough to have met and encountered the scum that preys on old people
like,
'I just finished a roof job down your street and have lotsa tar and
paper left over
and will do *your* roof for $_____. Just let me get up on my ladder
and take a
look at your roof, ma'am."....he then rips off several shingles/tiles
and displays
them to the old lady/man to their alarm and dismay...

Oh, I'm aware! But I don't really have to worry about that. For one thing,
I know exactly when they had the roof replaced. LOL But special contractors
aren't allowed on the island without security being notified by the person
they are coming to see. If they tried to go knocking on other doors selling
people a bill of goods Security would escort them out faster than you can
say Jack Robinson. And probably call the cops, too.

Good thing she has you.....live buzzards like this make dealing with
them on the phone more like fun, huh?...

Her lawn service was (IMO) ripping her off. I'm pretty sure the man who
runs the company didn't realize his crew wasn't doing all the things they
said they were. I called him when she got a bill for having the shrubs &
bushes trimmed when I knew for a fact they hadn't done it. I pointed out we
own a pair of hedge clippers so there's no reason I can't do it myself. And
the yard is small enough I could easily buy a lawn mower, too... He
apologized all over the place and they've been bending over backwards ever
since.

But you're right. If I wasn't here Mom probably wouldn't notice things like
that.

Jill

Old August 9th 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

[...]

If they had any brains they would realize the list is good for them. It
raises the number of sales since it eliminates a large number of people
who would just hang up or say no.

Old August 9th 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

"---MIKE---"
Just wait until this fall. Political calls are exempt! I used to get
calls from Tracfone but they stopped. Now I have a Tracfone (for
emergencies only).

We also have Tracfones for emergencies only. No other cell phones.
Just landlines.

The Call Marina Cat anecdotes 12 January 2nd 06 04:44 AM
Does your cat come when you call it? John Doe Cat health & behaviour 21 November 16th 05 12:54 PM
National Emergency Animal Registry teckpam Cats - misc 0 October 19th 05 04:27 AM
National Emergency Animal Registry teckpam Cat community 0 October 19th 05 04:27 AM
What do you call?? Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 22 April 4th 04 04:57 AM