Mere huntress

Old July 23rd 05, 05:02 AM
Marina

Default Mere huntress

Once again, Miranda woke me up in the middle of the night with her
playing. She had a toy that she was batting around and throwing high
into the air. In the dusk of a Scandinavian summer night, I saw that her
toy was something small and wedge-shaped. I pondered for a minute
whether I wanted to know what it was, and then sighed and turned on the
light. I expected to see a leaf or a pine cone, but what she had was a
shrew! It was dead. I don't know if she had actually killed it herself,
but she had all the right moves as she was playing with it.

It would seem that I have a new little huntress on the island.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old July 23rd 05, 08:20 AM
Mathew Kagis

How old is Miranda now? Muscat has just started to bring home an
occasional 'live toy', he's 10 months. I think they feel proud when
they can start bringing home food.

Cheers
Mathew, Chablis & Muscat

Old July 23rd 05, 08:36 AM
Exocat

"Marina" wrote
Once again, Miranda woke me up in the middle of the night with her
playing. She had a toy that she was batting around and throwing high
into the air. In the dusk of a Scandinavian summer night, I saw that
her toy was something small and wedge-shaped. I pondered for a minute
whether I wanted to know what it was, and then sighed and turned on
the light. I expected to see a leaf or a pine cone, but what she had
was a shrew!

Concatulations Mir! Carrying on a great tradition. Nikki would be proud
of you.

BTW Marina - back on the island? Whatever happened to all the packing
etc.?

Purrs

Gordon & the TT (FF in 9 days)

Old July 23rd 05, 09:47 AM
Marina

Mathew Kagis wrote:

How old is Miranda now? Muscat has just started to bring home an
occasional 'live toy', he's 10 months. I think they feel proud when
they can start bringing home food.

She's almost 8 months. I don't know if she saw it as food or just a very
cool toy. ;o)

Old July 23rd 05, 09:49 AM
Marina

Exocat wrote:

"Marina" wrote

Once again, Miranda woke me up in the middle of the night with her
playing. She had a toy that she was batting around and throwing high
into the air. In the dusk of a Scandinavian summer night, I saw that
her toy was something small and wedge-shaped. I pondered for a minute
whether I wanted to know what it was, and then sighed and turned on
the light. I expected to see a leaf or a pine cone, but what she had
was a shrew!

Concatulations Mir! Carrying on a great tradition. Nikki would be proud
of you.

BTW Marina - back on the island? Whatever happened to all the packing
etc.?

I'm still in town, just telling what happened while I was on the island.
Yes, I'm supposed to be packing. It's just that I'm the world's worst
procrastinator (is that even a word?). I'll probably be packing
feverishly the last night all night long. The movers will come on
Wednesday morning.

Old July 23rd 05, 01:05 PM
Debbie Wilson

Marina wrote:

It would seem that I have a new little huntress on the island.

So Nikki *is* teaching her how to hunt :-)

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old July 23rd 05, 02:23 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 07:02:53 +0300, Marina
yodeled:

Once again, Miranda woke me up in the middle of the night with her
playing. She had a toy that she was batting around and throwing high
into the air. In the dusk of a Scandinavian summer night, I saw that her
toy was something small and wedge-shaped. I pondered for a minute
whether I wanted to know what it was, and then sighed and turned on the
light. I expected to see a leaf or a pine cone, but what she had was a
shrew! It was dead. I don't know if she had actually killed it herself,
but she had all the right moves as she was playing with it.

It would seem that I have a new little huntress on the island.

Atta girl, Miranda! Just don't swallow those shrews (Erk).

Theresa
Old July 23rd 05, 07:37 PM
CatNipped

"Marina" wrote in message
Once again, Miranda woke me up in the middle of the night with her
playing. She had a toy that she was batting around and throwing high
into the air. In the dusk of a Scandinavian summer night, I saw that her
toy was something small and wedge-shaped. I pondered for a minute
whether I wanted to know what it was, and then sighed and turned on the
light. I expected to see a leaf or a pine cone, but what she had was a
shrew! It was dead. I don't know if she had actually killed it herself,
but she had all the right moves as she was playing with it.

It would seem that I have a new little huntress on the island.

Oh great, more strange / dead creatures to wake up to!! ; Seriously,
though, it's nice to see Miranda carrying on the tradition of feared
huntress of the family.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 23rd 05, 11:30 PM
polonca12000

Amazing! Congrats to Mere.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Mere snippets 4 Marina Cat anecdotes 13 April 28th 05 04:54 AM
Mere snippets 3 Marina Cat anecdotes 15 April 22nd 05 02:08 AM
More mere snippets Marina Cat anecdotes 3 April 13th 05 03:43 PM
Mere standoff Marina Cat anecdotes 8 March 27th 05 06:40 AM
Mere is here! Susan M Cat anecdotes 58 March 25th 05 10:21 PM