Bad Luna... again

Old February 2nd 06, 12:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Bad Luna... again

Some of you might remember Luna's skill at opening doors (how does she
manage to hide her opposable thumbs?) and her fascination with our attic
space. Well, she managed to open the A/C closet door last night, climbed
up the furnace and disappeared into the unknown (aka the attic space).
Again.
Tom wakes up at 5:45, I'm still groggy in bed. He says "this door is
open", I reply, "which door?" He says, "The A/C closet". I think "Crap."
We both know what that means, since this has happened several times
already over the past few years.
I go from groggy to completely awake, with a rush of adrenaline, in just
a few seconds. We do a head count, Luna is missing. I can hear her
meowing outside. I go to the patio, and there she is, trapped inside the
attic vents and freaking out. Tom gets a chair for me to stand up and I
ask him to get the power tool to unscrew the planks of wood that keep
the attic vents inaccessible to critters. There is a metal screen
covering the vents around the perimeter of the house, but on this
section it ripped and a couple of planks were screwed in by the previous
owner to keep critters out. Lucky for us, it also keeps curious kitties in.
So I unscrew the plank and slowly convince Luna to get close enough so I
can grab her, since she's never once jumped out by herself.
She's now back in the kitchen eating breakfast and my heart is beginning
to slow down a bit.
That cat will be the death of me, I tell you!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 2nd 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
[...]

Bad Luna, worrying your paws like that!

I know how you feel, Victor, Demi (all *white*) used to climb up our
chimney!!! Did you know that ordinary shampoo doesn't get soot out of cat
hair?

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

Old February 2nd 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

aw, poor Daddy Victor. Glad Luna is none for the worse.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old February 2nd 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 06:04:46 -0600, Victor Martinez wrote:

[...]

------probably if you fall off the ladder. Suggestion: a simple hook and
eye at the top of the door so it can't be opened. I've had one on my hot
water heater closet to keep out curious grandkids. Good luckMLB

Old February 2nd 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

mlbriggs wrote in
news
------probably if you fall off the ladder. Suggestion: a simple hook
and eye at the top of the door so it can't be opened. I've had one
on my hot water heater closet to keep out curious grandkids. Good
luckMLB

Or if there are two knobs (do the doors accordion?) you can stretch a
rubber band across them.

Chak

--
Too much of philosophy comes across as "Science as it would be practiced
by Lawyers or Politicians".
Old February 2nd 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

mlbriggs wrote:
------probably if you fall off the ladder. Suggestion: a simple hook and
eye at the top of the door so it can't be opened. I've had one on my hot
water heater closet to keep out curious grandkids. Good luckMLB

We have a latch on the door, but last night I forgot to latch it
closed.
But still, how does Luna manage to open doors? With round handles! And
why does she keep getting herself trapped in the attic? She hates being
up there, she yowls and yowls, but first chance she gets, off she goes.
Crazy girlie!

Cheers.

Victor

Old February 2nd 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[...]

OMG!!!! Mine can't open doors....yet. But they are getting very good at the
Co-ordinated Early Morning Dash which means i have to spend at least 10
minutes hunting around in the bushes and swearing. The four boys seem to
have combined Rugby League and greyhound racing into one sport.