My hooman is luukin at two more cats.

Old November 14th 04, 12:39 AM
Fred

Carol wrote:
Those are gudgud idearments, but Fred is now strongly leaning
towards "Diana" fur the mother. She was the Goddess of the hunt,
you know. Then there's the connection wif Diana Spencer who made
such a wonderful impression on the world, and should not be
forgotten. Yup, Diana would be a gudgud name fur her. Maybe she'll
post soon.
Still there's not the foggiest noshum ov what to call the kid.

hooman note: I managed to take some digital photos this morning
when the cats came close to the window and on the couch. They
needed to be in bright light of my cheap digital "Pencam" wouldn't
work. As it is there are serious problems with the high contrast in
the photos and *someone's* finger over the lense in a large number
of the photos.
The cats spent the first night exploring and several times Diana
woke me asking for more food. They have gone through 6 or 7 small
tins of food in one 24 hour period, and these are not large cats. I
expect it was the excitement. By one o'clock this afternoon, they
finally tired out and slept right through till 6:00pm.

Awww, sound almost like hooman kittens. I hope things work out, it
would be so good if mother and daughter could stay together. I
adopted a brother and sister (I was only going to get the brother, but
the sister wouldn't let go of him and kept looking at me. And, I had
my 10 year old at the time son) Let me just say I am convinced family
members should stay together if at all possible. They are over a year
old now and still sleep next to each other a lot.

Yeah. I had some doubts last night; not about the cats but about
my ability to care for them. By the way, it's a mother and son, not
a mother and daughter. But today I was able to handle everything
and make some progress on the housework. I also dug up Jetadiah's
insulated house and removed the moth balls that I had been using to
keep the skunks out. Jetadiah was turning up on the porch still
smelling of them and I thought it might be not good for him, or at
least unpleasant. His place should be warm and comfortable now.
I've named the newcomers now. The mum is "Daina" and the son,...
Well I just got my Satellite dish hooked up and was watching
Tottenham Hutspur against Arsenal this morning, (needed the football
fix), and the kitten was fascinated and ever so cute watching it and
practically batting at the ball on the screen. That intensity can
only be rewarded by the name of a football hero, and since I'm a
Manchester United fan first, I decided to call him Ryan, after Ryan
Giggs, one of my favourite players. So there we are; Diana and
Ryan. (OK, it's an odd couple, but they were named independantly,
and they seem to fit).
They did the afternoon sleep again today, It seems like it's going
to be a tradition, for a while anyway. Later I found out that Ryan
is just fascinated by the TV, regardless of what show is on. They
are settling down and starting to treat the house like it's a
onetruehome.

--
Fred
(Remove FFFf from my email address to reply if by email)
Old November 14th 04, 02:50 AM
Mlle. Anaïs

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:07:44 -0500, Fred wrote:

Well furends, My hooman, Fred, is going tonight to look at two
Kitties. A young mother and her kitten and maybe thinkin about
bringin them back here.

Furry gud uv yourownself Unka Fred! It'z nice to see a hooman dat cares
like you do!

--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
11/13/2004 9:50:12 PM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com

Old November 14th 04, 09:21 PM
Carol

whoops! Sorry Ryan for the gender error...I really hope things work
out. I have seven rescues and two humankittens (12 and 14). My idea
of housework at this point is using the rake indoors.
Old November 14th 04, 09:21 PM
Carol

Old November 15th 04, 02:02 AM
Fred

Carol wrote:
whoops! Sorry Ryan for the gender error...I really hope things work
out. I have seven rescues and two humankittens (12 and 14). My idea
of housework at this point is using the rake indoors.

hooman note LOL!!! I can appreciate that.

Diana note Hi hi Kitties. Well, we've arrived and our "one
home" and I'm not aat all sure about the "true" part. The rescuer
and Fred held both me and Ryan and squirted stuff in out ears, (as
if they weren't troublesome enough already). I hid under the bed
fur half an hour to show my disgust at such treatment. Effentuly I
came out fur som fuud that Fred put down and maybe I'll fingk about
forgiving him. My dumb soccer crazy son, Ryan, was upset fur all ov
5 seconds and thenm staerted chasin that mouse onne string like
nothing wuz wrong,... shaking his head effurry so offen.
The Fred openned up tha bassment doors and we both went explorin
down there. Ryan is upset that the Real Madrid game issn't on the
TV. I'm fuury glad that although I had most ov my litter taken
away, they didn't take my Ryan frum me, an we can be togeffer now.
Effurry so offen he gets off by hisownself and I get scared and call
out fur him. This startles Fred. It wuz embarrassing when I wuz
crying fur him an he wussn't answering and I cried sum more, an Fred
came an lifted up the bedcover, an there wuz Ryan, unnder the bed
not a foot frum me! The little rascal wuzzn't tellin me he wuz
right there. Kids these days!!! Hummpphh!

--
Diana an her hooman Fred, (wif Jetdiah and Ryan in do backgound)
(Remove FFFf from my email address to reply if by email)

Old November 15th 04, 02:26 AM
Sundance

"Fred" wrote in message
Carol wrote:
Diana note Hi hi Kitties. Well, we've arrived and our "one home" and
I'm not aat all sure about the "true" part. The rescuer and Fred held
both me and Ryan and squirted stuff in out ears, (as if they weren't
troublesome enough already). I hid under the bed fur half an hour to show
my disgust at such treatment.

Hi dere, Diana. My name is Sundance. Welcum to da groop. When yoo an Ryan
needs to git away frum yur hoomin, yoo kan come vizzit us in da Community.
I fingk Jetadiah kan show yoo how to use da 'porter.

I know whut yoo meen about gittin dat stuff squirted in yur eers -- my
Meowmie did dat to me fur a while affur I moved in wit her. I tried to tell
her my eers wuz fine, but she kep doin it anyway. Evenchully she gave up
and stopped, an affur dat my eers wuz perfeckly fine, just like I said!

Sundance