News from O'Malley

Old October 5th 03, 03:43 AM
andr0meda

Default News from O'Malley

Hi everybody,
Not many will remember my recent efforts to adopt a beautiful Burmese boy
called O'Malley. I will try o make it brief.
I couldn't keep him, because my primary single cat Xena was totally
determined NOT to accept him. O'Malley went back to his owner, but soon
after Anne told me that she did have to give him up - her personal situation
was so difficult, she just couldn't keep him. Poor girl, I saw her cry not
just once
The good news is, I found a beautiful forever home for the boy! He went to a
lovely family with no other pets, he shares their 10-year old boy's bed,
eats with them at the table! They actually cook extra portion of anything
they eat for O'Malley. The pampered prince gets a bath from a
....professional pet groomer who is called in for the event....that's some
cat's life, huh? He has put on weight, and is the most happy animal
Lately, Amanda (his new mom) has also adopted O'Malley's Siamese sister
Kirra, whom Anne had to give up as well. With the provision, that if Anne's
situation improves, she might claim her back - but I think that O'Malley and
Kirra will remain together at Amanda's house - according to her they: "sleep
together like Ying and Yang".
I wish I could have more cats. Well, as long as Xena lives (hopefully very
long) she will be the only cat. But I will help find homes for needy cats. I
don't like 'bugging' my clients about anything, but in these cases, I
plaster my shop windows with posters and talk to anyone who I think has
potential as a pawrent.
Regards,
Andr0 & ^^

Old October 5th 03, 03:56 AM
Cathy Friedmann

It's good to hear success stories. :-)

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old October 5th 03, 05:31 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 02:43:53 GMT, "andr0meda"
wrote:

[...]

I hope they have a great, healthy life -- and the same to you for
your good work. MLB

Old October 6th 03, 07:19 PM
Karen M.

That's great news! Yay for both of them and yay to you for finding them
both such a great home. Here's to continued success for your efforts!

Karen

Old October 7th 03, 12:47 PM
andr0meda

Thank you, everybody)
It was all a very good co-incidence. This morning I gave a special 'Thank
You' gift to the very lady who advised me not to force Xena and O'Malley
together - she is an animal psychologist, and my client. I was pleased to be
able to thank her personally for the soundest advice I got at all other than
just 'let them lose at each other' or: sacrifice your life and meager
between the two unhappy ones.' Pip was thrilled to hear that we are happy,
that O'Malley is happy and so are his new Family, and that they also adopted
his original Siamese sister Kirra. Pip and I had a few big smiles
today)))))
Andr0)))