Boo Update--IT'S BENIGN!!!!!

Old July 17th 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Boo Update--IT'S BENIGN!!!!!

Dr. Lewis just called, and I am beside myself. NOW I can definitely cry and
throw fits, but happy ones.

We caught it so early there is no sign of cancer. It IS a mammary tumor
after all, but it is benign.

She said they do change and it might have changed over time, so we just have
to watch Boo for new ones. She said "the good news is, it was not cancer,
the bad news is, cats can have very aggressive mammary tumors, and they have
eight breasts, so there's a good chance she might have more tumors. The
important thing is that we get them out as soon as they show up."

It occurs to me that I should not have been told it WAS cancer when it
wasn't, but I am so happy I don't even care. The thing is, the doctor did
not SAY it WAS cancer, it was the girl at the desk the morning of the
surgery who read the "mostly round cell" to me from the chart. So I can't
blame the doctor. It was so very hard, when she first touched it I could see
the concern on her face.

Thanks to every single one of you for every moment of caring and support
through this mess. We love that little cat so much, I am not sure I realized
how much until this. I kept petting her velvety little head and being
cheerful all week, but thinking we were going to lose her. I know we have to
one day but not today. YAY!

Old July 17th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

HOORAY, I am so happy for you and Boo! This is the best news! *doing
happy dance for you*
Old July 17th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

HaPpY dAnCiNg all *over* the freakin' place!!!
http://www.possibleplaces.com/catnipped/happydance/

I am so, so, so relieved to hear that - I can't tell you how happy I was to
read the subject line of this post! Purrs still coming that she doesn't get
any more and you don't have to go through that again!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 17th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet

Great news!

Old July 17th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

cybercat wrote:
Dr. Lewis just called, and I am beside myself. NOW I can definitely cry and
throw fits, but happy ones.

We caught it so early there is no sign of cancer. It IS a mammary tumor
after all, but it is benign.

This is FANTASTIC NEWS!

She said they do change and it might have changed over time, so we just have
to watch Boo for new ones. She said "the good news is, it was not cancer,
the bad news is, cats can have very aggressive mammary tumors, and they have
eight breasts, so there's a good chance she might have more tumors. The
important thing is that we get them out as soon as they show up."

It occurs to me that I should not have been told it WAS cancer when it
wasn't, but I am so happy I don't even care. The thing is, the doctor did
not SAY it WAS cancer, it was the girl at the desk the morning of the
surgery who read the "mostly round cell" to me from the chart. So I can't
blame the doctor. It was so very hard, when she first touched it I could see
the concern on her face.

This bothered me when I read your account (the 2nd time, more
thoroughly) but I opted not to mention it. Only a pathologist can
diagnose cancer, but I didn't want to give you would could have ended up
being false hope. Even when a needle biopsy comes back from pathology
with a report suggesting carcinoma, no diagnosis of cancer is made until
the tumor is excised and examined. There are lots of things that look
like cancer with needle aspirations.

At any rate, I am SO relieved for you guys!!

Thanks to every single one of you for every moment of caring and support
through this mess. We love that little cat so much, I am not sure I realized
how much until this. I kept petting her velvety little head and being
cheerful all week, but thinking we were going to lose her. I know we have to
one day but not today. YAY!

:::happy dance!!!!:::

Old July 17th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lynne" wrote
This bothered me when I read your account (the 2nd time, more thoroughly)
but I opted not to mention it. Only a pathologist can diagnose cancer,
but I didn't want to give you would could have ended up being false hope.
Even when a needle biopsy comes back from pathology with a report
suggesting carcinoma, no diagnosis of cancer is made until the tumor is
excised and examined. There are lots of things that look like cancer with
needle aspirations.

The vet was very careful NOT to say it was cancer. She said, "it looks thick
and cheesy, and when I put it under the microscope, the cells definitely
look suspicious. I asked specifically "Is it cancer?" and she said "I really
can't tell until we get in there and get it to the lab. I don't want you to
worry too much, it has to come out whatever it is." Her face told me to
expect something bad, but not to freak out just yet. I think she handled it
great.

The girl at the front desk meant to be kind--she had just had a dog die from
"round cell" cancer, so she wanted to commiserate. She meant well. It was a
lot better to think it was cancer then find out it wasn't than the opposite
would have been!

At any rate, I am SO relieved for you guys!!

oh, Lynne, I just feel like we dodged a major bullet. I wish everyone in
this position could get good news.

We will have to be vigilant.

Old July 17th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatNipped" wrote in message
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

HaPpY dAnCiNg all *over* the freakin' place!!!
http://www.possibleplaces.com/catnipped/happydance/

I am so, so, so relieved to hear that - I can't tell you how happy I was
to read the subject line of this post! Purrs still coming that she
doesn't get any more and you don't have to go through that again!

Thank you!!! Everybody got treats this afternoon!!

Old July 17th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jean B.

cybercat wrote:
[...]

It's so wonderful to hear this happy scenario!

--
Jean B.