OT - Damned insensitivity

Old July 25th 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

Default OT - Damned insensitivity

My mom decided to sell my dad's car and got a few quotes from dealers on
trade-ins and also went to Carmax, who gave a good quote. She went today to
finalize the sale and I don't know the whole story because mom was crying
when she told me, but they gave her a hard time because the death
certificate for my dad wasn't stamped, and apparently the death certificates
here aren't stamped like they used to be, and the Carmax person wouldn't
accept it because of that. Actually, when she first went in for the quote
they never told her they needed a death certificate to make the sale, and
she just brought one along as an afterthought. After having to escalate the
problem to management and her losing it and crying asking why they are
giving her such a hard time after just losing her husband and she didn't
know what she was supposed to do? I told her she needs to call me in these
situations because I didn't know she was going in there today to do this.
She is way more important to me than my job and I'd leave work to go help
her. *sigh*

--
Cheryl

Old July 25th 09, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

I'm so sorry! Hugs and purrs to both you and your mom.

Joy

Old July 25th 09, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

When she is calmer, you need to remind her that she needs to call you.

Then go and rip those S O B"s a new body part. Then contact your better
business bureau. Then write a letter to you local newspaper.

People who do this sort of thing are horrid, been there done that. If it
is all as she says, you need to tell everyone you meet about it.

If it is a rule, then they should have told her from the outset.

Old July 25th 09, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

The worst part other than making her cry was making her stay there for hours
while they figured out what they were supposed to do. They had to call the
DMV, then mom had to call the DMV to confirm something or other, all the
while a neighbor was waiting for her outside in her car to drive her home.
I wouldn't expect the neighbor to step in and try to figure this out, which
is why I wish I knew about it and was there.

And Gramby, I did tell her over and over that she doesn't need to go through
these things herself. I will always be here for her. She just needs to
tell me. I think by the end of our phone call she knows that she can call
me away from work to help her.

I will remind her again and again with hugs.

Old July 25th 09, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

You are a big help to her, I am sure. We folks, ahem older ones, get that I
want to do it myself thing. That can sometimes get us in these situations.

It is still a horrid thing they did.

Old July 25th 09, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

Cheryl- Hide quoted text -

What an awful ordeal for your mom. You'd think Carmax would be have
people on staff who would not handle the situation so poorly.
I think you handled it perfectly -- reassuring her that you want to
help
will take a big load off her shoulders.

Sherry
Old July 25th 09, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

"Joy" wrote in message

I'm so sorry! Hugs and purrs to both you and your mom.

Thank you Joy.

Old July 25th 09, 06:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

I'm so very sorry she ran into an insensitive jerk. It's hard enough
dealing with the loss of a loved one without someone acting like an idiot in
the process.

Jill

Old July 25th 09, 09:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

butting in here, the Gramby is so strong on this because of some things that
happened to her, she doesn't share the crappy stuff much, but its there, Lee