Your cat's name?

Old October 29th 05, 07:31 PM
Ann

Default Your cat's name?

How did your cat get his or her name? Did he come with the name, was she
names after where she was found? Maybe it was her coloring or his
personality?

Cinnamon- her coloring, she is a tordi

Abby was named by the lady who rescued her.

Samwise-(Sam) Named by DH for Samwise in LOTR, because he has that wide
eyed innocent look and he is living up to his name looking for second and
third breakfast.

Ann

see pictures of Sam at
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

Old October 29th 05, 07:58 PM
theresa

My first 2 cats I got from a litter my brother's barn cat had. I was
really into Steve King at the time. The female is named Annie, from
Misery. The male started out as Gage, from Pet Cemetery. I didn't
really like that and no other male character's name didn't seem to fit.
Somehow I came up with Jake. Turns out this is a Steven King
character in the Dark Tower series, which I haven't read.

Penny (RB) was Peaches when I adopted her. I guess because she was a
calico but the orange looked more of a rust/peach color. I changed it
to Penny just 'cause it seemed to fit her better.

Theresa

Old October 29th 05, 08:45 PM
Marina

Ann wrote:
How did your cat get his or her name?

Frank was named after Frank Zappa, because he has a little black spot on
his chin, just like Zappa's beard (the goatee hadn't come back into
fashion yet in 1987, when Frank was born).

Miranda's name was originally Cashmere. That had become Mere by the time
she came to me. That gradually evolved into Mir-mir. Suddenly I
remembered that I had resolved, years ago, to call one of my cats
Miranda. She was to be a tabby, and her nickname would be Randi, which
means stripey in Swedish (randig). Well, Miranda isn't a tabby (though
she has faint stripes along her tail, like all Russian Blues), and I
don't call her Randi, I call her Mir-mir or Mirsan.

Caliban was named thus because of his hoolikitten ways, and because
Miranda thought he was disgusting at first (see The Tempest ;o)).
They're best friends now, though.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old October 29th 05, 09:19 PM
jmcquown

Ann wrote:
How did your cat get his or her name?
Ann

Persia told me her name... she had been with me a couple of weeks and I
turned around and looked at her. She was walking away from me and the name
'Persia' just popped in my head. I said "Persia!" and she turned around and
ran back towards me. She has answered to it ever since. So that is her
name.

Jill

Old October 29th 05, 09:24 PM
No More Retail

Too many to name taking care of 200 cats at the shelter

Old October 29th 05, 09:54 PM
Irulan

I just liked the name Lily, so when I got my sweetie I named her Lily. She
answers to it whenever I call her, so I guess her name is Lily.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old October 29th 05, 09:55 PM
Ted Davis

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 14:31:50 -0400, "Ann" wrote:

How did your cat get his or her name? Did he come with the name, was she
names after where she was found? Maybe it was her coloring or his
personality?

Fluffy - she's a very fluffy cat
Spooky - most anything spooks this very nervous cat
Fleagor - the lead character in a defunct web comic
Tigger - came with the name
Avery - supporting character in the "Ozy and Millie" web comic
Mudpie - lead character in the "Mudpie" web comic
Ozy and Millie - lead characters in the "Ozy and Millie" web comic
Dandy - lead character in the "Dandy and Company" web comic
Maryweather - supporting character in "Dandy and Company"
Snowball - came with descriptive name
CJ - came with name

--
T.E.D. )
Old October 29th 05, 10:44 PM
Adrian

Ann wrote:
How did your cat get his or her name? Did he come with the name, was
she names after where she was found? Maybe it was her coloring or his
personality?

Cinnamon- her coloring, she is a tordi

Abby was named by the lady who rescued her.

Samwise-(Sam) Named by DH for Samwise in LOTR, because he has that
wide eyed innocent look and he is living up to his name looking for
second and third breakfast.

Ann

Snoopy was named by her previous slave's little boy, considering he was only
three years old at the time I think he did quite well. Bagheera is named
after the black panther in 'Jungle Book'
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old October 29th 05, 11:05 PM
MatSav

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 14:31:50 -0400, "Ann" wrote:

How did your cat get his or her name? Did he come with the name, was she
names after where she was found? Maybe it was her coloring or his
personality?

I've never been owned by a female cat, until the latest incumbent.
That's why she's just plain old "Mrs Cat" :-)

--
MatSav
Old October 29th 05, 11:12 PM
223rem

Default And the winner is ...( Your cat's name?)

....Google! (named that because of the goggle-like black patches
around her eyes).

rec.pets.cats: Traditional Siamese Breed-FAQ Laura Gilbreath Cat Information 0 October 19th 05 05:35 AM
performing cats Norm Cat anecdotes 0 September 18th 05 03:32 AM
rec.pets.cats: Traditional Siamese Breed-FAQ Laura Gilbreath Cat Information 0 October 29th 04 05:23 AM
Cat predation studies Alison Cat health & behaviour 48 February 5th 04 03:17 AM