Mouse 2, Bruiser 0

Old August 25th 03, 08:19 PM
John Biltz

Default Mouse 2, Bruiser 0

I suddenly saw Bruiser sprinting away in hot pursuit of something. He
returned with something in his mouth and threw it down to the ground. As
it scurried away I realized that it was awful big and moving very quickly
to be a bug. I got up from my chair and realized it was another mouse!
It would scurry away and Bruiser would pursue. On the pavement it would
sometimes get a good 20 yards/meters away. But all his training chasing
bugs was paying off. He would easily catch it if it was on the pavement.
He would then pick it up in his mouth and bring it back. If it ran to
the grass it was tougher. It could get to the grass and freeze. Bruiser
would then bat around with his paw until he found it. He must have
caught it more 20 times but he could not kill it. He didn't have a clue
how and truth be told I don't think he wanted to. He was just loving the
chase. Finally after at least half an hour. It got away on the lawn.

Old August 25th 03, 10:22 PM
polonca12000

I'm glad mousie got away and even better, Bruiser got to play anyway.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"John Biltz" wrote in message
thlink.net...
I suddenly saw Bruiser sprinting away in hot pursuit of something. snip

Old August 26th 03, 01:15 AM
John Biltz

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:00:00 -0700, Angela Ryan wrote
(in message ):

"John Biltz" wrote in message
thlink.net...
[...]

Gizmo chases everything that moves, animal or not, but when she realises
that 1. She has killed it or 2. It doesn't actually move (was only the wind
blowing) she loses interest very quickly.

Even as a 5 year old cat she still chases her tail....she hasn't yet
discovered that she is the one that makes it move!!!

Yeah, Bruiser was dead center of a queen size bed this morning and
started chasing his tail withou getting up. Several rolls later he
impacted the floor. He does have a mighty proud tail to chase, its
almost as big as the rest of him.

Old August 26th 03, 06:48 PM
bewtifulfreak

Marina wrote:
"Angela Ryan" wrote

Even as a 5 year old cat she still chases her tail....she hasn't yet
discovered that she is the one that makes it move!!!

I don't know if I should tell you this (too embarrassing for him),
but Frank chases his tail, too. He'll be 16 in November.

Gosh, I didn't realize he was such an elder statesman; I knew by his size he
was an adult, but he sprawls out just like a big ol' kitten! Nice to know
he's young at heart as well as in appearance; that zest for life (along with
your tender loving care) should help him through his health problems quite
nicely....

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 26th 03, 09:37 PM
Shirley

"Marina" wrote in message

"John Biltz" wrote

snip
He must have
caught it more 20 times but he could not kill it. He didn't have

a clue
how and truth be told I don't think he wanted to. He was just

loving the
chase. Finally after at least half an hour. It got away on the

lawn.

There is time yet. Frank didn't learn to hunt and kill until he was

ten
years old. Until then, he would just play with any voles he saw

Polly practised her hunting skills on earthworms :-)
--
Shirley
see my cats at

Old August 26th 03, 10:20 PM
bewtifulfreak

Shirley wrote:

Polly practised her hunting skills on earthworms :-)

Our uber-hunter Greebo once graced his dad with a live earthworm....we
laughed ourselves stupid (wasn't far to go).... I suppose they must hold
a fascination for cats, they are rather strange creatures, worms (like live
pieces of yarn)!

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 26th 03, 11:41 PM
Shirley

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message
Shirley wrote:

Polly practised her hunting skills on earthworms :-)

Our uber-hunter Greebo once graced his dad with a live

earthworm....we
laughed ourselves stupid (wasn't far to go).... I suppose they

must hold
a fascination for cats, they are rather strange creatures, worms

(like live
pieces of yarn)!

Ann

After treading on a few of Polly's *gifts* (with bare feet) we
quickly cottoned on to the signs she'd been on a hunting
expedition......her little white mouth would be covered in mud.

"like live pieces of yarn".......lol, I got a mental picture of a
little old lady trying to knit with a ball of worm yarn ;-)

Old August 27th 03, 12:59 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Shirley" had some very interesting things
to say about Mouse 2, Bruiser 0:

"like live pieces of yarn".......lol, I got a mental picture of a
little old lady trying to knit with a ball of worm yarn ;-)

Not all knitters are little old ladies. :-)

--
Seanette Blaylock
"You attribute perfect rationality to the whole of humanity, which has
Old August 27th 03, 10:07 AM
Shirley

"Tanada" wrote in message
Shirley wrote:

Polly practised her hunting skills on earthworms :-)
--

Don't knock it. Berfert protected his Grandmeow from the nasty
earthworms in her garden and earned a spot in her heart forever,

back
when we stayed with them for a month or so while house hunting.
Grandmeow loves all the kitties, but Berfert and Penny are special

her.

I didn't mind her protecting me from the nasty earthworms just her
hiding them on the multi-coloured rug where I would inadvertently step
on them (there really is nothing to compare to the feeling of squished
earthworm oozing between bare toes) ;-)

Old August 27th 03, 02:50 PM
Marina

"Shirley" wrote

I didn't mind her protecting me from the nasty earthworms just her
hiding them on the multi-coloured rug where I would inadvertently step
on them (there really is nothing to compare to the feeling of squished
earthworm oozing between bare toes) ;-)

LOL! This is why I always wear flip-flops around the house.

--
Marina