We now have four kittens

Old March 27th 05, 11:58 PM
Pat

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Swoon thud

I agree 100%. Just reading all these comments and updates makes me want to
go find and adopt a homeless pregnant queen. I am a hopeless cat addict.

Old March 28th 05, 12:05 AM
SuzQ

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa! Congrats to Sonya and the Shirks. More kitten tails errrrr
tales )
Suz&Spicey

Old March 28th 05, 12:16 AM
Christine Burel

AWWWWWW! Concatulations to every Shirk catslave and many happy purr-turns
of the day to Sonya and her babies! Can't wait to hear more and see
piccies! Ya'll done good!
Christine
"Tanada" wrote in message
k.net...
Tanada wrote:
Sonya just had two more kittens so we're up to a four kitten count. One
is a black/gray tabby. The rest are black and white, though this might
change as they dry off and collect their colors. I'm going to let Sonya
dry them off, love on them a lot, and then get pictures of them to post.
They're SO cute.

Pam S.

Well we're at five now. There was a sixth one, but it was still born
and could not be revived. Rob and Mike are pretty sure that she doesn't
have any more in her. Her cat bed is currently in the washer being

cleaned.

We have tentatively named the little black and gray tiger striped with
white underbelly and paws, Eric(a). I have tried to figure out if they
are male or female, but their bottoms all look alike to me. I'm still
waiting until mom and babies bond more before going for individual
pictures.

One of them is a little holstein and another looks sorta like black
building blocks with white grout, at least to me. They're just way too
cute. Sonya is really good about letting us touch the babies, but one
can see that it is mainly manners and that she would prefer if we leave
them alone. So I've told us all to leave them alone. Wish them all luck.

Pam S. proud grand-meow

Old March 28th 05, 12:20 AM
CK

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Aren't kittens blind for their first few days? You might scare the
mother with a flash-bulb, but I doubt the kittens would notice until
their eyes begin to open.

Having your eyes closed is *not* the same thing as being blind. I'm sure
you yourself see/feel light even through closed eyelids. And a bright
light like a camera flash would certainly startle the little kitties and
might even hurt their eyes.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old March 28th 05, 03:09 AM
Gabey8

[[Well we're at five now. There was a sixth one, but it was still born
and could not be revived. Rob and Mike are pretty sure that she doesn't
have any more in her.]]

A heartily-purred "Welcome!" to our five newest kitty nieces/nephews. And
a sorrowful wish of "Godspeed" to our little one whose journey to the
Bridge began even before it was born. I hope that somehow, somewhere, it
sensed all the prayers, purrs, and good thoughts being sent in its
direction and that of its siblings.

I know that you'll take pics of Sonya and family when the time is right,
but BOY am I ever looking forward to that time. )

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

P.S. from Captain and Stanley: Hi, teeny kitties! A good way to get hugs
and pettins is to approach your hoomin who's sitting on the couch, plant
your front paws on his or her ribs, and purr in his or her face. It never
fails to work. :3

Old March 28th 05, 03:52 AM
Marie Lawrence

How lovely, kittens are so sweet. As a breeder of many years, I would
advise you to briefly handle each kitten daily, a short check of eyes,
umbilicus etc; to make sure all is OK. provided the mother does not
object. The kittens will become used to the smell of humans and not be
afraid. Marie from OZ.

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Swoon thud
Been watching all news and updates. Bless the little girl for knowing by
instinct how to care for her kittens. Awww.
Oh, btw, do not worry if Sonya doesn't want to eat tomorrow or even the
next day. She has eaten all the placentas, which is nature's way to feed
her so she can stay with her babies. Ain't Mother Nature just wonderful?

Tweed

k.net...

Old March 28th 05, 03:58 AM
Enfilade

Congrats on your five beautiful baby bitties and condolences on your
lost little one.

I do not know how you will ever give them up when the time
comes...enjoy them, they only stay itty-bitty for an itty bitty bit.

--Fil

Old March 28th 05, 05:08 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:00:25 GMT, Tanada
yodeled:

Tanada wrote:
Sonya just had two more kittens so we're up to a four kitten count. One
is a black/gray tabby. The rest are black and white, though this might
change as they dry off and collect their colors. I'm going to let Sonya
dry them off, love on them a lot, and then get pictures of them to post.
They're SO cute.

Pam S.

Well we're at five now. There was a sixth one, but it was still born
and could not be revived.

I am so sorry you lost one.

But this is all just wonderful Granny!

Theresa
Old March 28th 05, 06:43 AM
Marina

Tanada wrote:

Well we're at five now.

Aww. Good going, Sonya! Congrats to Grandmeow, Grandpaw and all the
unkas and anties, furry and bare.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!