Barn kittens found

Old June 5th 04, 05:05 PM
Annie Wxill

Default Barn kittens found

Thursday, my daughter, Christine, found five tuxedo kittens in the weeds
next to her barn. She moved them, all hissing and spitting, into the barn,
put them in a box, and went to buy some kitten food. When she got back the
barn, she found that some of the kittens had climbed out of the box. One
would not come out from behind a bale of hay, but the other four came out
and ate the food. One was especially friendly and purred when offered food
while being held.
Yesterday morning, before work, she checked on them, and they were all
there. Two were waiting by the door. She fed the kittens and went to work.
She debated bringing them all into the house, but mom cat was hanging out
nearby, so Christine decided to leave the kittens in the barn so they would
be sure to be fed during the day.
Yesterday, my daughter sent out emails to see if anybody would like a
kitten. She called me last night to say that a co-worker had a trap that
could be used for the mother cat and that it looked like she had found homes
for all of the kittens. She fed them again last night and saw mom cat
leaving the barn.
This morning, she discovered the mother cat had moved all but one of the
babies. (sigh)
So, Christine brought the kitten into the house. Already she has him tamed
and he has used the litter box. She says he loves to have his tummy tickled.
Now the problem remains to find the other kittens before they get too wild
and to trap and probably release the mother cat back to the barn.
Christine will continue to put food in the barn. She will borrow the
co-workers trap and put the food in, but not set it, because she doesn't
want to trap the mother until she can account for the babies. I suggested
that she might be able to get a kitten trap and set it for the kittens.
Anyway, any spare purrs, prayers, and/or ideas would be appreciated.
A photo of the kittens is at:

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.h...bum_id=1740469

Thanks in advance,
Annie

Old June 5th 04, 05:15 PM
Annie Wxill

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message
Thursday, my daughter, Christine, found five tuxedo kittens in the weeds
next to her barn.

Try these links if the previous post doesn't work. The photo is in the
album called cats.

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.h...erwelcome.html

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.h...m _id=1740469

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.h...bum_id=1740469

Hope one of these works. These little guys are so cute.
Annie

Old June 5th 04, 05:19 PM
Sherry

I suggested
that she might be able to get a kitten trap and set it for the kittens.
Anyway, any spare purrs, prayers, and/or ideas would be appreciated.
A photo of the kittens is at:

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.h...l&awp=largevie

w3mbr.html&pict_id=39562751&index=0&album_id=17404 69

Thanks in advance,
Annie

Annie, I tried to see the pics, but don't have a member ID ?
Anyway, purrs for the babies. Tuxedos are my favorites. I bet they're cute
little buggers with their little white feet. It's so great that they already
have people wanting to adopt them.

Sherry