"World's Best" Cat Litter

Old April 21st 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default "World's Best" Cat Litter

"Laurie" wrote in message
cybercat wrote:

Anybody familiar with this?

I'm having a hard time finding an unscented litter that has very little
dust. (I want to stick with scoopable, so I am not interested in the
Feline
Pine type.)

They sell it at Petfooddirect.

When I first tried this litter, I was in love! It was so
lightweight, scooped so beautifully, and smelled like popcorn! But I
had to stop using it while I was fostering some underage babies, because
they were trying to eat it. I put the remainder of the bag into a large
tin can with a lid, put it on a shelf, and forgot all about it. A few
months later, I kept finding these tiny little bugs crawling around on
the shelf where I keep my cat supplies, but I never thought to look in
the big tins, I just thought the bugs might have come from some bird
food or mouse food or something so I tossed all of the seeds and hoped
for the best. One day I went to see what was in all of my tins, opened
the one with the corn litter, and it was FULL of live tiny brownish
black bugs! And the litter barely looked like litter anymore. I
squealed and made my husband take the stuff outside and hose it all
away. Ever since then I'm afraid of using this litter ever again, even
though I really loved it. I guess if you use it up quickly it's safe.
Like flour, it might have some weevil eggs in it somewhere and you just
need to use it before they hatch. Gross!!!

Cool story, I love gross stuff like this. 8D

Old April 21st 07, 06:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Actually if you have a Fry's near you I'd try their Pet Pride line of it. I
found it to be very low dust and it clumps pretty well.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

Old April 22nd 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

On Fri 20 Apr 2007 06:23:40p, Laurie wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav :

Ever since then I'm afraid of using this litter ever again, even
though I really loved it. I guess if you use it up quickly it's
safe. Like flour, it might have some weevil eggs in it somewhere
and you just need to use it before they hatch. Gross!!!

Not just litter, but some foods. Soon after I bought a big cat tree
I started noticing moths flying around. The cats had a great time
chasing them, and never having had a problem with mealy worms
before, I thought nothing of it. Probably came in with me when my
outside light was on. Then I noticed some catipillars on my kitchen
ceiling. I identified them as mealy worms, and thought they came
with the cat tree. THEN, I discovered them in some cheap dry cat
food I'd bought for some strays. It took a very long time to get
rid of them. I had to throw out a lot of food that wasn't sealed
air-tight, and just when I didn't find any more catipillars, I'd
find a moth. Same black head, so I knew it was the same species.

Ever since then I've noticed moths flying around in Petsmart and
other pet supply stores and realize this is where it likely starts.

--
Cheryl