Just dropping in

Old November 26th 16, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Just dropping in

To say hello and see how you all are. Boyfriend is fine, myself not quite
as much, I fell foul of my steep stairs again, broke my leg and back. Leg is
not so bad now, but it looks like I'll have to have cement put into my spine
if I want to lead a normal life. I had to spend some time in a nursing home
because my bed and toilet facilities are upstairs. It was not a good
experience.
Anyway, when I got the airboot off my leg, I was home from the nursing home
next day, it was a Friday. On Monday I was measured up for a 2nd stair rail
and they came Tuesday to install it. How fabulous is that?
Boyfie is always very patient when I'm in hospital, he just waits, allowing
himself to be fed by sister in law, Claire, but the moment I'm home, he
claims she's a stranger and tries to rush out of the back door if she
visits, like he'd never seen her ever before. FGS, she's visiting nearly
every day atm, over the years he must have seen her a thousand times but
still he trusts no-one except me. Luckily, she is fond of him, and is not
offended by the fact that when she feeds him when his mummy is missing she's
ok and when his mummy is back, she becomes a frightening stranger.
I haven't a clue what happened to him before he arrived here, but it must
have been kind of serious.

Old November 26th 16, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 11/26/2016 11:28 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Wow! You and Boyfie have been having a rough time!

I'm glad you're home and your 2nd stair rail was installed so quickly.
I know Boyfie is glad you're home too.

I know what you mean about what happened to Boyfie before you met him.
I wonder the same thing about Koala. Again, it must have been pretty
serious because, not only does he hide when anyone else comes over, he
shows absolutely no desire to go outdoors. He loves watching the birds
and squirrels that eat the seeds and peanuts I put out, but backs away
from the door when I open it to take the food out or to come back in.

I hope you'll be able to have the necessary work done to get your life
back to normal, and that that experience isn't too horrendous.

Old November 27th 16, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

To say hello and see how you all are. Boyfriend is fine, myself not quite
as much, I fell foul of my steep stairs again, broke my leg and back. Leg is
not so bad now, but it looks like I'll have to have cement put into my spine
if I want to lead a normal life. I had to spend some time in a nursing home
because my bed and toilet facilities are upstairs. It was not a good
experience.

Oh, Tweed, I'm so sorry you had that experience. It sounds frightening,
but I'm glad you are on the mend. Please keep us updated.

MaryL

Old November 27th 16, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_5_]

On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 1:28:04 PM UTC-6, Christina Websell wrote:
To say hello and see how you all are. Boyfriend is fine, myself not quite
as much, I fell foul of my steep stairs again, broke my leg and back.

sorry to here, get well...

Old November 27th 16, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

To say hello and see how you all are. Boyfriend is fine, myself not quite
as much, I fell foul of my steep stairs again, broke my leg and back. Leg is
not so bad now, but it looks like I'll have to have cement put into my spine
if I want to lead a normal life. I had to spend some time in a nursing home
because my bed and toilet facilities are upstairs. It was not a good
experience.

I'm so sorry to hear this! I'm glad you're home and Boyfie is happy
again. Very fast installation for the stair rail, which is a good
thing. I hope you mend quickly.

Jill
Old November 28th 16, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sat, 26 Nov 2016 19:28:00 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

[...]

Yikes, that's terrible, but I'm glad it's mostly over. My mom is 88
and is always afraid of falling, but since this is Florida there are
almost no stairs to fall down. We have around 900 homes in my
community, and only 10 or so are two floors, and those are difficult
to sell.

My cats seem to miss the stairs - everything is just spread out on one
floor. Marlo always liked to hide in the basement, but there's no
basement here. On the plus side, they do get to play with the lizards
that manage to find their way inside.
Old November 28th 16, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

I just wish I knew about his past. He had a posh collar on, so someone had
him before so that suggests they cared about him (not enough to have him
neutered though) which is probably why he got lost. Looking for girls and
following his hormones. I sorted out his hormones and now he's sleeping by
the fire :-)

Old November 28th 16, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message
To say hello and see how you all are. Boyfriend is fine, myself not
quite
as much, I fell foul of my steep stairs again, broke my leg and back. Leg
is
not so bad now, but it looks like I'll have to have cement put into my
spine
if I want to lead a normal life. I had to spend some time in a nursing
home
because my bed and toilet facilities are upstairs. It was not a good
experience.

Oh, Tweed, I'm so sorry you had that experience. It sounds frightening,
but I'm glad you are on the mend. Please keep us updated.

MaryL

it was more than scary. I laid at the bottom of the stairs all night. I did
have my cell phone but I dropped it, and when I felt for it there was broken
glass around me so I decided to wait until it was light to find it. My
hair, all of it, was soaked with blood. Anyway, I got help when I found my
phone in the morning..It was a long night lying there with a broken leg and
back. And thinklng "what if my phone is out of battery?" Luckily it wasn't.

Old November 28th 16, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
news
To say hello and see how you all are. Boyfriend is fine, myself not
quite
as much, I fell foul of my steep stairs again, broke my leg and back. Leg
is
not so bad now, but it looks like I'll have to have cement put into my
spine
if I want to lead a normal life. I had to spend some time in a nursing
home
because my bed and toilet facilities are upstairs. It was not a good
experience.

I'm so sorry to hear this! I'm glad you're home and Boyfie is happy
again. Very fast installation for the stair rail, which is a good thing.
I hope you mend quickly.

Boyfie is always delighted to see me again, he's not one of those cats who
get the hump about it and turn their backs because they are offended. He
cannot believe his luck when I'm back. I'll never leave him - and he will
never stop waiting if I have to be gone.