Let's try a nurse

Old April 5th 05, 06:32 PM

Default Let's try a nurse

Well, after the disaster last week with Cosmo and my ex-husband, today
I'm trying a new tack. I've got a bona-fide RN friend coming in to do
the fluids, and she gets to do the needle while I hold him. Maybe
*this* time it will work better!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://www.i-love-cats.com/meow/glsummer/ (The Violence Against
Animals in Movies Website)
Old April 6th 05, 06:58 PM

Woo-hoo! It worked!

Cosmo was a bit irritated, knowing what was coming (he's one of our
smartest cats). A friend of mine had suggested a different spot for
the fluids, back towards the hindquarters instead of behind the
shoulders. Internet was kind enough to let us feel around his loose
spots first, so we didn't upset Cosmo. I scruffed and had a good hold
on Cosmo, and although he clearly felt the needle go in, he didn't do
anything other than turn his head around towards Jennifer. Towards
the end, he was a bit cranky and wanted to move, but otherwise, he did
just great.

Thank heavens for good friends, especially when they're nurses!

Old April 7th 05, 05:16 PM
Susan M

Cosmo was a bit irritated, knowing what was coming (he's one of our
smartest cats). A friend of mine had suggested a different spot for
the fluids, back towards the hindquarters instead of behind the
shoulders. Internet was kind enough to let us feel around his loose
spots first, so we didn't upset Cosmo. I scruffed and had a good hold
on Cosmo, and although he clearly felt the needle go in, he didn't do
anything other than turn his head around towards Jennifer. Towards
the end, he was a bit cranky and wanted to move, but otherwise, he did
just great.

I'm glad it worked out better and this was so much less stressful!

Susan M
otis and chester

Old April 7th 05, 07:25 PM

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 05:54:29 +0300, Marina
wrote:

That's wonderful, Ginger-lyn. Will she be able to come as often as Cosmo
needs the fluids?

No, unfortunately -- but she did mention she was thinking about coming
once a week, and that would help tremendously. Richard and I could
struggle through the two other times, and maybe if he's used to her,
he'll be calmer with us. I sure hope so.