oddball email messages

Old September 19th 03, 10:58 PM
Sherry

Default oddball email messages

This is weird. I got the same thing, but probably only a dozen or so. Why are
some people getting hundreds, and some only a few?
Old September 20th 03, 12:42 AM
Yowie

"Sherry " wrote in message
This is weird. I got the same thing, but probably only a dozen or so. Why

are
some people getting hundreds, and some only a few?

So far, I think I've downloaded about 300-400 of the little beggers. I can
only assume that they've harvested from usenet, as all my other e-mail
addies, including my oldest which gets about 50 spams a day, are completely
free of it. Some are yahoo, some are other free web e-mails, and as I said,
the last is my home ISP addy which I don't pay much attention to because it
gets alot of spam. All those e-mail addies appear at least somewhere on the
WWW and some have posted to Usenet in the distant past..

The most annoying thing about is that Yahoo only stores 6 meg of messages
befire it starts bouncing the mesages bacj with the error message "inbox
full". As it only seems to take a few hours to entirely fill up my yahoo
inbox with these stupid messages (which aren't small), if I want to keep
this address available for Real People to e-mail I need to clear it out
every few hours. And I simply don't have the time.

I'm trusting this will spate of attacks will die down in a few days and my
inbox can return to its normal functioning state. If it doesn't I'll have no
choice but to get another e-mail addy, which is something I *really* don't
want to do. Considering the places where this e-mail is (Flippy's Cat Page,
David Stevenson's Cat page, the FAQ, several yahoo groups, other NGS, group
photos, Schoolfriends, how you guys contact me etc etc) its going to be a
right pain in the arse. If I ever find someone who wrote the virus, they
will live the rest of their days in intimate contact with Shmogg's
litterbox.

Yowie