Best wishes to everyone

Old November 29th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Best wishes to everyone

And thank you all for your kind thoughts and words

I've only just been able to start to grieve for my mother. I was here with
my mother died. The caregiver was here from the agency and the hospice
nurse. Then the funeral director. I made all the arrangements.

My brothers showed up and frankly, I thought they'd never leave. LOL They
finally left me alone today. I said just don't come over. I'm done, leave
me alone, I'm not going to talk about this anymore. I'll take care of
everything. Just like I always do.

They don't fly out until tomorrow but thankfully they let me have today to
myself. I really needed time to take a breath, you know?

So the woman from the National Cemetery called today to ask me what I wanted
on Mom's marker. Oh, I hadn't thought about that. When Dad died I got
papers with suggestions. Mom selected something. I didn't get anything
like that so I was at a loss. I said, um, Beloved Wife and Mother to Paul,
Scott and Jill 1-29-26 to 11-22-2008. She said that might be to long.

Oh, okay. Beloved Wife and Mother. She asked don't you want her years
listed in case someone 100 years from now is doing geneology research? Oh
for gawds sakes, woman! Everyone in her family is dead except us! I can't
think about this right now. It never lets up, does it?

Persia is right there next to me every evening, just head butting me and
tapping my nose with her soft little paw. Used to be just to get me to feed
her, now she's just offering comfort and headbutts. What a sweet girl
I'd be lost without her. My brothers never saw her.

Jill

Old November 29th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I understand, Jill. You have been swamped. I'm glad your brothers let you
have this day to yourself, and I'm glad you have Persia to comfort you.

(((((((((((Jill)))))))))))

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old November 29th 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Weebs say dat His Preshus Persia is one smart kitty - she no dat her
unkuls ar not da grates, but dat her mommy is!

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old November 29th 08, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

It doesn't let up. The funeral home got the words wrong on Eric's grave,
but we just let it go. It's hard enough to think about what to say in so
many words to describe a life.

Old November 29th 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Bless you, Jill. Now the hard part really starts, doesn't it? We will be
here. We want to know how you're doing.

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old November 29th 08, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

It is going to take time for you to recover, Jill ; please take care of
yourself and give yourself that time.
Lots of purrs and good thoughts coming your way - so glad you have Persia.
Christine

Old November 29th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Nov 28, 6:01*pm, "Cheryl" wrote:
It doesn't let up. *The funeral home got the words wrong on Eric's grave,
but we just let it go. *It's hard enough to think about what to say in so
many words to describe a life.

After my mum died my brother organised the plaque at the crematorium
and a year later we went to lay some flowers and I saw it for the
first time.....

It read "Ron and Rose Madigan 16.05.2004- Reunited together"

And I said "Did you think that up?"

He said he had, he read it to the people who engraved it and I said :
"Didn't it occur to anyone to tell you that they could hardly be
reunited apart?"

Sorry I can be a pendantic git- my other brother who is a raging cynic
commented they had probably noticed it but figured they'd get more for
2 words than 1!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old November 29th 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

I looked in the mirror and freaked out. I look 10 years older than I did
last week. All the Oil of Olay (heh) in the world will not erase these
lines from my face. Thank you, Christine. I still have a long row to hoe.
I might get back home in 2010

Jill

Old November 29th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Aren't you glad you brought Persia with you, this trip? It's
astonishing how much comfort an alleged "dumb" animal can provide, when
you need it. How anyone can actually believe that "companion animals"
lack intelligence is beyond me! (It may not be quite the SAME as human
intelligence, but sometimes that's a plus.)
Old November 29th 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
I looked in the mirror and freaked out. I look 10 years older than I
did last week. All the Oil of Olay (heh) in the world will not erase
these lines from my face. Thank you, Christine. I still have a long
row to hoe. I might get back home in 2010

Cosmetics won't, but a few weeks of normal sleep, without having to
worry about what fresh crisis will greet you on awakening, will work
wonders, you'll see! I realize you still have a lot of stuff to deal
with, but none of it is "life or death" now, is it? You can take
whatever time it requires, just don't let yourself be hurried into
anything.

Best wishes ya all. Lamey - The cable guy Cat health & behaviour 3 December 22nd 05 09:47 PM
Kelly, Best Wishes Candace Cat health & behaviour 5 August 13th 05 04:18 AM
best wishes Tish Silberbauer Cat anecdotes 27 December 8th 04 11:55 PM
Great Wishes! :-\)Liz Cat anecdotes 4 December 25th 03 05:56 PM
Holiday Wishes for All Lucy's Mom Cat anecdotes 1 December 25th 03 01:29 AM