Grass

Old November 27th 09, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
James Dent[_2_]

Default Grass

A few years ago I was at the seed store to get grass seed. I just mentioned
to the manager that I wished the grass seed would grow like the stuff from
pet stores for cats. He said to get wheat or oat seed, potting soil, and
grow your own in small containers. The wheat/oat seed is about .25 per pound
and a 25 pound bag of potting soil is about $2.00 (cheapest is fine). Much
less expensive than the $3.00 packs at Petsmart. Five pounds of wheat/oat
seed lasts our Fabulous Four for a year.
A container is "Cat Ready" in about 6-7 days.

Old November 27th 09, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"James Dent" wrote in message

A few years ago I was at the seed store to get grass seed. I just
mentioned to the manager that I wished the grass seed would grow like
the stuff from pet stores for cats. He said to get wheat or oat seed,
potting soil, and grow your own in small containers. The wheat/oat
seed is about .25 per pound and a 25 pound bag of potting soil is
about $2.00 (cheapest is fine). Much less expensive than the $3.00
packs at Petsmart. Five pounds of wheat/oat seed lasts our Fabulous
Four for a year. A container is "Cat Ready" in about 6-7 days.

Good suggestions - thankyou.

Can one make a lawn out of wheat or oat?

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old November 27th 09, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Yowie wrote:
"James Dent" wrote in message

A few years ago I was at the seed store to get grass seed. I just
mentioned to the manager that I wished the grass seed would grow like
the stuff from pet stores for cats. He said to get wheat or oat seed,
potting soil, and grow your own in small containers. The wheat/oat
seed is about .25 per pound and a 25 pound bag of potting soil is
about $2.00 (cheapest is fine). Much less expensive than the $3.00
packs at Petsmart. Five pounds of wheat/oat seed lasts our Fabulous
Four for a year. A container is "Cat Ready" in about 6-7 days.

Good suggestions - thankyou.

Can one make a lawn out of wheat or oat?

Yowie

don't know about a lawn but you can make bread. MLB
Old November 27th 09, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Yowie wrote:

Can one make a lawn out of wheat or oat?

It might be coarser than the usual species of lawn grass, but otherwise,
it would be just the same as a closely-cut field of wheat/oats, I guess?

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old November 28th 09, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 21:43:26 +0000, Debbie Wilson wrote:

Yowie wrote:

Can one make a lawn out of wheat or oat?

It might be coarser than the usual species of lawn grass, but otherwise,
it would be just the same as a closely-cut field of wheat/oats, I guess?

Deb.

I don't think that you would want to walk across it while barefoot, at
least not after mid-summer.

--
John F. Eldredge --
Old December 1st 09, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
"James Dent" wrote in message

A few years ago I was at the seed store to get grass seed. I just
mentioned to the manager that I wished the grass seed would grow like
the stuff from pet stores for cats. He said to get wheat or oat seed,
potting soil, and grow your own in small containers. The wheat/oat
seed is about .25 per pound and a 25 pound bag of potting soil is
about $2.00 (cheapest is fine). Much less expensive than the $3.00
packs at Petsmart. Five pounds of wheat/oat seed lasts our Fabulous
Four for a year. A container is "Cat Ready" in about 6-7 days.

Good suggestions - thankyou.

Can one make a lawn out of wheat or oat?

That's an interesting question. Wheat and oats are designed to be allowed
to grow to produce ears for seed, whether you could keep mowing them is
debatable. They are annuals, so probably you could just for a year and
would have to sow again.

Tweed