OT Lost one of my non-cat wild four legged friends.

Old January 19th 09, 03:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
kraut

Default OT Lost one of my non-cat wild four legged friends.

These last few days in Michigan we have been getting that COLD weather
and at night been getting wind chills in the double digit sub zeroes.

Went out one morning to feed my wild animals and birds and all and
found one of the smaller squirrels that used to come whenever he seen
me get there to feed them laying there. At times he would follow me
right into the garage waiting to be fed.

He was alive but could not stand, walk, climb, etc. He just tryed to
tuck his head under his belly as if trying to hide. I figured he was
on his way to where ever they go after they leave this place. I put
him in a carrier with some bedding and put him where it was fairly
warm so he could go in peace and comfort more or less. Went to check
on him couple hours later and the little guy was gone.

Man I hate it when I lose one of my furry friends whatever they are.
I will be so glad when the warmer weather gets here for me AND them!!

Thanks for letting me vent here.

Old January 19th 09, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

I am so sorry, and I imagine that they have a section at the bridge too.
You did all you could for him, and in the end, that is all anyone can do.
Purrrs for his trip and for you good heart.
news

Old January 19th 09, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Jan 19, 10:31*am, kraut
wrote:
[...]

Most of our furry citizens dislike the squirrels that come onto the
back deck intensely. However, us humans put out food for them and
enjoy watching their antics. They seem to be getting through the
winter here quite well. I bet your little friend is enjoying some nice
weather at the Bridge.

Will in New Haven

WEEE don' WIKE dem. Wun ub dem made me run myown head intoo da glass
dor.

--
Sunrise, da PRITTY WUN
Old January 19th 09, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

"kraut"
[...]

Poor baby, Bless your heart for taking care of the wild beasties and birds
in this cold weather.
I know there is a place at the Bridge for squirrels. I used to feed them
all the time, and the cats had a blast swatting at them.

BTW, you put up an address someone could send a holiday card to a wounded
soldier in Wash DC and I re-checked the address @ Walter Reed IIRC, wrote
someone a nice card and it came back as undeliverable :/
Kyla
Mosey's Meowmie

Old January 20th 09, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M

"kraut" wrote in message
news

[...]

I'm just sure that there are lotza trees including Oaks with acorns and
hidey holes at The Bridge.
And venting is good, it whows that you feel.

Sylvia
Sekkerterry tu Pit2nya, hu lykez tu see da skwerrilz running da fenze.
Bridge

Old January 20th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

On Jan 19, 10:31*am, kraut
wrote:
[...]

Awww, that is so sad. Poor little guy. I'm sure there is a special
place at the Rainbow Bridge for all creatures, and he's there playing
with the other squirrels. Bless you for caring for them.

Heather

Old January 22nd 09, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

sorry i misread this, i a sorry for your loss, soft