Is there anything she won't eat?

Old February 12th 15, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Is there anything she won't eat?

Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 15:49:23 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

jmcquown wrote:

A couple of times a month I'd give her a few sips of milk as a treat.
Somtimes I'd say to her out of the blue (while we were snuggled on the
couch together at the opposite end of the house), "Want some milk?"
She'd immediately jump down off the couch and lead me straight to the
kitchen. Right to the refrigerator. LOL

You can't tell me cats don't understand what we're saying. Persia
certainly did. :-D

Jill

Oh, they UNDERSTAND us just fine - it's just that they usually don't
care! (Unless it's something they WANT to understand.)

No, they don't understand YOU, Evelyn, because you are at least three
bricks shy of a full load.

What's YOUR problem, moron? (SFAIK we've never had any conversation
until you began to insult me a thread or two ago!)
Old February 12th 15, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 11:15:41 AM UTC-8, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

What's YOUR problem, moron? (SFAIK we've never had any conversation
until you began to insult me a thread or two ago!)

Sounds like there's a moron on your tail Evelyn

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 13th 15, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 14:01:55 -0800 (PST), Lesley Madigan
wrote:

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 1:59:48 PM UTC-8, The Other Guy wrote:

I've had a couple of cats that loved tomato sauce, but only a few,
most wouldn't come near a tomato.

Many years ago when we had Gaz and Issi I got sent a voucher for a free tin from a new range of catfood, which included tuna in tomato sauce so I thought as it was free I'd see what happened....

The food dish was eventually found twenty feet from where it had started having been licked all the way- they loved it! The same range came up with a turkey with cranberry sauce as a Xmas special....that time I can't remember if we ever found the food dish!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

TAW*

New Trademark - They're All Weird
Old February 13th 15, 03:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 11:44:42 -0800, Joy wrote:

On 2/11/2015 11:08 AM, The Other Guy wrote:
On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 10:42:42 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:

Sweep used to love tinned sardines or pilchards but only in tomato sauce.
It was very useful when I needed to give her pills because the strong
taste hid the taste of the pill.

The strangest food obsession any cat of mine had was
a tortie who lived with me for quite a few years,
and would always want to share my asparagus, eating
2 large stalks.

But one was Cheez-it fanatic, another would just about
kill for a slice of bread, and others were as strange.

That's WHY we love them.

Food obsessions can be startling. Once, many years ago, we had four
cats and a dog. At dinner we had peas and mushrooms in butter sauce.
There was a small amount left over - not enough to save. I put the dish
on the floor, thinking the dog would eat it. One of the cats got there
first. When I checked later, the peas were still there, although the
butter sauce had been licked off of each of them, but what surprised me
was that the mushrooms had been eaten.

Joy

---

I had a post a while ago about "Warning: there are peas in there".
Some cat food I bought thought that it was a good idea to include a
few peas in each can. I have no idea why, it was supposed to be a
healthy food. Anyway, each and every cat simply ate around the peas,
leaving a few bowls, each with one or two totally clean peas left
behind.
Old February 13th 15, 04:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 4:37:58 PM UTC-5, Lesley Madigan wrote:
When we got Bonnie we christened her "The Gannet" not because she had wings but because her apetite was impressive

But she's an amateur compared to Spirit- she watches Spirit inhaling cat food in sheer disbelief she looks at me as if to say "WELL I was never THAT bad!"

Today though Spirit excelled....

Dave had ravoli for breakfast nothing fancy just a tin of Heinz so he ate it amd the next thing he looks round and the white bits of Spirit's face are red. She then proceeded to go to sleep on the plate.

I got in thinking given how fluffy she is (I swear if I shaved that kitten she weighs 2 ounces she is mostly fur) I might have to cut the tomato sauce soaked fur off or even worse give her a bath....

You could have eaten your dinner off the plate apart from some bits of cat hair she'd licked it totally clean before sitting on it

Dave says she was purring up a storm when licking the sauce up and seemed very happy about it...Me? I dug the tin out the bin to make sure it didn't contain anything she shouldn't have eaten. It does contain a tiny amount of onion so now I am worried about that.

She of course gaving stuffed her face on her breakfast then tomato sauce was ready for supper

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Don't you just love it how they can pick out what they don't want to eat, and leave them behind?
Old February 13th 15, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JJ[_2_]

"Mishi" wrote in message
[...]

Cats aren't supposed to eat onions?

Jay

Old February 13th 15, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Food obsessions can be startling. Once, many years ago, we had four
cats and a dog. At dinner we had peas and mushrooms in butter sauce.
There was a small amount left over - not enough to save. I put the dish
on the floor, thinking the dog would eat it. One of the cats got there
first. When I checked later, the peas were still there, although the
butter sauce had been licked off of each of them, but what surprised me
was that the mushrooms had been eaten.

My Zeke used to have a thing about the entire yeast/fungi phylum.
We would occasionally try to make stir-fries using Chinese-style
dried mushrooms, which you need to soak for a few hours before
cooking. With Zeke around we had to secure the bowl somehow or
they'd be gone.

Some of his other favourites were licking yeasty beer off the neck
of a bottle after it had been poured, ditto with bottles of tamari,
and anything with Marmite in it. His bottle-licking technique was
surprisingly elegant - he'd sit up straight on his haunches and
wrap both front paws round the bottle to stop it tipping over.

The most startling one was when we had some guests round and they
each had a bit of torrone (Italian chewy nougaty stuff) with their
coffee. One of them put her plate down on the floor. There was a
streak of black fur and Zeke was out of the door with it. We found
it underneath the piano a few weeks later.

Old February 13th 15, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mack A. Damia

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 13:21:38 -0800 (PST), Lesley Madigan
wrote:

On Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 11:15:41 AM UTC-8, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

What's YOUR problem, moron? (SFAIK we've never had any conversation
until you began to insult me a thread or two ago!)

Sounds like there's a moron on your tail Evelyn

You hear noises, bunkie? Get help.

EvelynNarcissistGamble(Divesforturds) has more than a few screws
loose.

A troll who hates cats posts a flame; I insult him, and Evvy flames
me. Does that make sense to you? Because if it does, then you don't
belong in here.

I have never insulted her before these last couple of posts; hence,
she must be delusional.

Old February 13th 15, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/13/2015 12:09 PM, JJ wrote:
Dave says she was purring up a storm when licking the sauce up and seemed
very happy about it...Me? I dug the tin out the bin to make sure it didn't
contain anything she shouldn't have eaten. It does contain a tiny amount
of onion so now I am worried about that.

Cats aren't supposed to eat onions?

Jay

No, they aren't. Onions (and garlic) can be toxic to cats. There's all
sorts of info about what human foods cats (and dogs) shouldn't eat.
Chocolate is a biggie, too.

Jill
Old February 14th 15, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
On 2/13/2015 12:09 PM, JJ wrote:
Dave says she was purring up a storm when licking the sauce up and
seemed
very happy about it...Me? I dug the tin out the bin to make sure it
didn't
contain anything she shouldn't have eaten. It does contain a tiny
amount
of onion so now I am worried about that.

Cats aren't supposed to eat onions?

Jay

No, they aren't. Onions (and garlic) can be toxic to cats. There's all
sorts of info about what human foods cats (and dogs) shouldn't eat.
Chocolate is a biggie, too.

Jill

I knew chocolate was a no-no for dogs, but I didn't think that was true
for cats, also. (Never read that garlic and onions had any deleterious
effect - some of the pricier moist foods contain them, IIRC.)