Quick Buffy Update

Old June 3rd 15, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Quick Buffy Update

Well... Buffy went from a shy, timid tabby cat hiding under my bed at
11AM to a running all over the place "I live here now" cat in no time at
all!

I went looking for her under the bed and she wasn't there. I discovered
her meatloafing on a chair under my dining room table. It has a table
cloth draped over it so it was sort of like her own personal fort.

I coaxed her to another chair and then down on the floor. She's been
all over the place (and all over me!) ever since. Head butting, sitting
with me in the chairs and on the sofa. Giving me kitty kisses. (Sweet!)

I could tell she wanted to jump on a couple of tables but I don't
encourage that so I said NO! and clapped my hands. She stopped and went
"oh, okay".

Now that she's decided she's at home she's not not at all shy. She's
very active! She seems to want to get in my lap. Persia didn't jump up
on my lap when I was at the computer. I get the feeling Buffy is going
to want to learn how to type. G

I also can report she has very, very soft fur. She keeps winding around
my legs as I sit here typing. Oh, and she just rolled over and let me
give her belly rubs!

She's enjoying having wall to wall carpet. She's fully clawed and is
taking advantage of the carpet as opposed to hardwood floors. Good
thing I don't care about this carpet. (laugh)

She has discovered the litterbox but so far only stepped in and back out
of it. Sort of like acknowledging she knows where it is.

I'm having to get used to a cat walking in front of me and stopping
rather quickly again.

I'm pretty sure she's going to decide to sleep with me tonight.

Jill
Old June 3rd 15, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 6/2/2015 9:37 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

This is great. Buffy has already taken over your house (and your heart).

You will probably need several scratching posts. I have one in every
room except the kitchen and bath rooms. It's a good idea to have a
variety of textures because cats can show distinct preferences. Above
all, make sure they are sturdy enough that they will not fall when Buffy
is using them. That can scare a cat. Also, make sure that at least one
of them is tall enough so that Buffy can stretch when using it. Cats
can also show a preference for position--vertical scratching posts,
horizontal, etc.

MaryL

Old June 3rd 15, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

On 6/2/2015 10:37 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

Ann
Old June 3rd 15, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
news[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
She sounds perfect! Thank you for giving her a home. Looking forward to
pics!

Old June 4th 15, 01:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

On Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 1:51:56 AM UTC-4, MaryL wrote:
[...]

Rusty (RP) won't use a vertical scratching pad.
Instead he flipped over my rug and scratched its underside.

Winnie
Old June 4th 15, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/4/2015 8:08 AM, Rusty wrote:
[...]

So far the only place I've *really* seen her scratching is the back of
the sofa in the den. It's a flat surface so perhaps this is a clue as
to what she'd prefer. A scratching post is the only thing I never had
to buy before.

Jill
Old June 4th 15, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JJ[_2_]

"MaryL" wrote in message
[...]

Buffy must be one of those fast-thinking cats. Took her all of less than one
day to assume control over your house, your furniture, your computer, your
keyboard, your lap, and possibly your bed.

What next? Running for City Council? :-)

Seriously, though, I'm so glad it's working out. That's wonderful! GOOD
LUCK!

Jay

Old June 4th 15, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JJ[_2_]

"JJ" wrote in message ...
"MaryL" wrote in message
[...]

Just saw Buffy's photo: She is one gorgeous cat!

Jay

Old June 4th 15, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/4/2015 1:33 PM, JJ wrote:
"JJ" wrote in message ...
"MaryL" wrote in message
[...]

She is, isn't she? If she could she'd probably say "thank you".

Jill

Old June 4th 15, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/4/2015 1:32 PM, JJ wrote:
"MaryL" wrote in message
[...]

No kidding! She's got no problem laying on my stomach when I'm reading.
As for the bed, she was up and down on it Tuesday night and last
night. She meows at me as if to say, "What are you doing in this dark
room?!" I just sort of mumble, "Sleepy-bye, Buffy" and ignore her. I'm
not about to encourage her playing in the middle of the night. She's
got some toys and still plenty of things to explore.

What next? Running for City Council? :-)

Hmmmmm. Maybe she'll try to get elected to a seat on the Feline Foundation.

Seriously, though, I'm so glad it's working out. That's wonderful! GOOD
LUCK!

Jay

I washed Persia's old "crackle sack". Buffy is currently curled up on
it. That was after a slightly protracted battle with her doing
everything possible to sit on my lap while I was typing and my saying
NO! Well, she got up anyway. I have a separate keyboard and a
slide-out keyboard tray. She leaned up against the tray and whoosh, it
slid away. She nearly fell off my lap. Yep, Bubby, you can't lean on
this. It moves all by itself!

Jill