Lindy is gone

Old March 20th 09, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Lindy is gone

Lindy woke me up this morning, vomiting on the bed. It looked like clear
fluid and blood. There wasn't a lot, but I called the vet after they
opened. They said to bring her in, along with her food and medicine. I
also took a couple of pictures of the places where she had vomited, with a
ruler so the vet could see how much there was. The vet later said the
pictures were very helpful.

They had me leave her. The vet called about half an hour later. She said
Lindy's gums were pink and she was dehydrated. She said the bleeding was
probably caused by ulceration of the stomach, which could be the result of
either the Prednisone or the cancer. She said, "If we are going to continue
...." we'd need blood tests, x-rays, infusion, shots and more oral
medication. She gave me some time to think about it, but I realized there
was only one thing to do.

I called the vet and said I wanted to come and say goodbye to her. When I
got there, I took care of the financial part. Then they brought her out in
the waiting room, and I held her for a few minutes, but she was trembling,
so I said let's get it over with. They took her, put in a shunt and brought
her back. I sat in the examining room holding her, and she kept crying, so
I told them to come finish. They had put a towel on the counter where the
animals are treated. I set her down on the towel, and she started purring.
When the vet and the tech came back, she kept on purring as the sedative was
injected. Then she laid down. I think she was asleep as the vet injected
the rest.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old March 20th 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

{{{{{Joy}}}}
I know your heart must be aching - purrs and purrayers for you and for
Linday as she meets everyone at the Bridge.
Christine

Old March 20th 09, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CN

Oh Joy, I am so, so sorry to hear that. Please accept my condolences on the
loss of your loved one. Purrs are headed your way to help heal your
breaking heart, and a candle will be lit tonight to help guide Lindy on her
way to the Bridge.

{{{{{Joy}}}}}

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 20th 09, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"Joy" skrev i meddelandet
[...]

I am so very sorry. Hugs!!!
Elisabet

Old March 20th 09, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:57:41 -0700, Joy wrote:

I am so very sorry. That was the most loving thing you could have done
for her. We're sending purrs for your heart to heal.

Dan

Old March 20th 09, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

I'm so very sorry for your loss. You have my sincere condolences.

Jill

Old March 20th 09, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble

On Mar 20, 1:57*pm, "Joy" wrote:
[...]

Such sad news. I'm so sorry. Many purrs for your broken heart.

Bobble
Old March 20th 09, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Joy wrote:
snip
I called the vet and said I wanted to come and say goodbye to her. When I
got there, I took care of the financial part. Then they
brought her out in the waiting room, and I held her for a few
minutes, but she was trembling, so I said let's get it over with. They
took her, put in a shunt and brought her back. I sat in the
examining room holding her, and she kept crying, so I told them to
come finish. They had put a towel on the counter where the animals
are treated. I set her down on the towel, and she started purring.
When the vet and the tech came back, she kept on purring as the
sedative was injected. Then she laid down. I think she was asleep
as the vet injected the rest.

I'm so terribly sorry, my sincere condolences. I have lit a candle for
Lindy.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Lindy
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old March 20th 09, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default A candle for Lindy

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Lindy

Old March 20th 09, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Thank you, Christine.

--

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

Lindy is on her way out Joy Cat anecdotes 42 December 11th 08 10:18 PM
Purrs for Lindy? Joy Cat anecdotes 28 November 12th 08 07:19 PM
The latest on Lindy Joy Cat anecdotes 15 October 18th 08 11:03 PM
Lindy update Joy Cat anecdotes 18 June 29th 07 01:06 AM
Lindy is home Joy Cat anecdotes 8 July 22nd 06 04:14 PM