OT~~~trouble reading

Old March 19th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT~~~trouble reading

How come a lot of the post I read have the ads on the right side of the
page mixed in them? I cant even read the 1st & 2nd post ( the last past
of the senenteces)........help!!

Old March 19th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Are you using a newsreader or outlook express Sherri

If you are using a newsreader empty your internet cache and restart the
computer

oups.com...

Old March 19th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:
Are you using a newsreader or outlook express Sherri

If you are using a newsreader empty your internet cache and restart
the computer

"Sherri" wrote in message
oups.com...
How come a lot of the post I read have the ads on the right side of
the page mixed in them? I cant even read the 1st & 2nd post ( the
last past of the senenteces)........help!!

She's reading the groups via Google - hence the ads. Outlook Express
doesn't do 'ads" - at least *mine* never has.

Old March 19th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:
Are you using a newsreader or outlook express Sherri

If you are using a newsreader empty your internet cache and restart
the computer

"Sherri" wrote in message
oups.com...
How come a lot of the post I read have the ads on the right side of
the page mixed in them? I cant even read the 1st & 2nd post ( the
last past of the senenteces)........help!!

She's reading the groups via Google - hence the ads. Outlook Express
doesn't do 'ads" - at least *mine* never has.

I am reading the groups by google. I log into yahoo and in my mail box
I have links to the groups I joined. I also have AOL and Internet Expl.
and I think I have Outlook express.How do I get to my groups using
those instead?

Old March 19th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

you want the easy way to get your newsgroup call your internet provider
tell them you want to setup newsgroup take about 5 minutes for them to do
it instead of trying to do it yourself and having to wait for our responses

"Sherri" wrote in message
oups.com...

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:
Are you using a newsreader or outlook express Sherri

If you are using a newsreader empty your internet cache and restart
the computer

oups.com...

Old March 19th 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Sherri" wrote in news:1142736342.500176.239490
@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

How come a lot of the post I read have the ads on the right side of the
page mixed in them? I cant even read the 1st & 2nd post ( the last past
of the senenteces)........help!!

It sounds like your page is not displaying properly, is that right? IOW,
there's overlap between the ads on the right and the posts themselves?
Try reducing the size of the font of your browser. If you're using
Firefox, just hold down CTRL and press the minus key until the problem
clears up. If you're using IE, well, good luck with that.

Chak

--
I would like at least one political party in this country to be willing
to say that sex is fun and an important part of being human.
Old March 19th 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Sherri wrote:
How come a lot of the post I read have the ads on the right side of
the page mixed in them? I cant even read the 1st & 2nd post ( the
last past of the senenteces)........help!!

That's because you're using Google Groups and not a proper newsreader with a
proper news server. If you have Windows, then your computer will have
Outlook Express, if your ISP doesn't provide a news feed then you can
subscribe to a news provider, like www.news.individual.net very inexpensive.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 19th 06, 12:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:
you want the easy way to get your newsgroup call your internet
provider tell them you want to setup newsgroup take about 5 minutes
for them to do it instead of trying to do it yourself and having to
wait for our responses

AOL doesn't provide a news feed, she'll have to go with someone like,
news.individual.net for just over $12 per year. There are some free
newsservers but they tend to be less reliable.

Old March 19th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Sherri" wrote in message
oups.com...

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:
Are you using a newsreader or outlook express Sherri

If you are using a newsreader empty your internet cache and restart
the computer

"Sherri" wrote in message
oups.com...
How come a lot of the post I read have the ads on the right side of
the page mixed in them? I cant even read the 1st & 2nd post ( the
last past of the senenteces)........help!!

She's reading the groups via Google - hence the ads. Outlook Express
doesn't do 'ads" - at least *mine* never has.

I am reading the groups by google. I log into yahoo and in my mail box
I have links to the groups I joined. I also have AOL and Internet Expl.
and I think I have Outlook express.How do I get to my groups using
those instead?

I use OE. If you use Win XP, you should see an icon for mail in the toolbar
at the top of the screen (the same toolbar that includes favorites, search,
etc. -- not the Yahoo toolbar, where mail takes you only to Yahoo mail).
When you click on the mail icon, it will open to several selections, and you
want to select "read news." Now, at this point, you will need some
information (such as IP address) that comes from your server. If you still
have the packet of information that was probably given to you when you
signed up, it's only a matter of a couple of minutes to fill in the
necessary information. If you don't have it -- but just want them to walk
you through the process -- call your IP and ask for help. It's really very
simple, and it's *much* easier than using Google for newsgroups.

MaryL

Old March 19th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Sherri wrote:

How come a lot of the post I read have the ads on the right side of the
page mixed in them? I cant even read the 1st & 2nd post ( the last past
of the senenteces)........help!!

WHAT ads?????? Sometimes a Netscape news story, or a
web-page I visit will have that annoying feature, but I've
never encountered it (or ads) on newgroups!